NordInvasion Forum
The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Community Projects (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+---- Thread: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread (/showthread.php?tid=43723)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Winter - 30-03-2016

(30-03-2016, 02:34 PM)keru_90 Wrote: Thank you Winter, is nice to have a developer's insight on the matter. If you intended Aurora as the top tier bastard sword then its stats are fine right now related to the best 2h swords aviable, and now i understand that the value given by the community should not be relevant. But still, i personally feel the EK lacks an identity right now: VGS/AGS is a slashing 2h, Aurora is the jack of all trades, and EK is the thing that rich players equip on archers to "show off". Changes would be welcome to EK just to give the item a more "unique" essence, to have somenthing that is not just the 2h version of aurora with similar stats but different graphic model. Don't get me wrong, i'm saying to make EK better because AB is good, but just make the 2 sword a bit different stat-wise, since a direct comparison is not possible as we already established that AB is on a "higher tier" on the legendary scale. How to make it different is for you to decide (in the hypothesis you really feel such a change to be necessary), but i personally like the stab removal in favour of a speed/damge buff, as someone already suggested.

That all seems fair to me.  I'm all for this change, I'd just like to give people some time to discuss other possibilities and their opinion on this one.

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - DR. - 04-07-2016

Xbow can use Heavy Steel Greaves/Black Heavy Steel Greaves.
So we we get boots better than market place that go with Brigadine and even Black Armor/Guardian Armor?

+ Were the red boots for xbow ? As xbow is the only one that can have a true red set lol. 
I'm not even sure if a new model is needed just use Commando ones that are already in game (Steel Shynbaulds). 

This is furrys and others idea not even mine so dont call me out as i have it. 
Imperial Armor get 1 more armor (78 same as Pol) idea became more common when Swadian Full Plate came out with 2 more armor than half plate.

I would say pol (Plate Over Leather) could use a buff to 79 as how Milanese Plate is to Half Plate (1 less/less weight). It is less of a problem as it makes up in having even less weight and 2 class's but it a Legendary so idk can go both ways.

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Winter - 04-07-2016

Crossbow booties - maybe.  Gauntlets are already set up likes this, boots may follow.

Red boots are far from a priority.  Maybe they will get access to the Commando ones.  I think more Shynbaulds should drop in general, though.

Imperial buff seems fair given the introduction of Swadian Full Plate.

Plate Over Leather buff doesn't seem necessary.  The weight difference between Milanese and the others in its family is 10.  The weight difference of Plate Over Leather and the Gothic family is 16.  It is also worth mentioning that 79 is an exceedingly ugly number. In all fairness, that is probably my main reason.

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - DR. - 04-07-2016

(04-07-2016, 09:43 AM)Winter Wrote: It is also worth mentioning that 79 is an exceedingly ugly number.
haha ok best reason to not buff something lol.

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Winter - 04-07-2016

(04-07-2016, 10:15 AM)Woody Wrote:
(04-07-2016, 09:43 AM)Winter Wrote: It is also worth mentioning that 79 is an exceedingly ugly number.

Gotta be honest, y'know?

That and I honestly don't want the Commando legendary body armors to each be literally 1 point of armor away from each other (yes, there are others, go find them Tongue)

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Ribbed - 05-07-2016

(04-07-2016, 10:15 AM)Woody Wrote:

78, super light, and the two good commando classes is already wayyyy overpowered relative to how cheap the community has decided to sell it.
Honestly stat wise i'd say it's better than gothic, albeit really ugly.

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Disco - 06-07-2016

I think that Swadian Boots should be usable by Halberdier because they currently don't have access to boots better than Light Plated Boots, despite being the armoured Pikeman class. Also they can use Swadian Gauntlets and would look much nicer with the complete set.

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - DR. - 06-07-2016

(06-07-2016, 04:37 AM)Disco Wrote: I think that Swadian Boots should be usable by Halberdier because they currently don't have access to boots better than Light Plated Boots, despite being the armoured Pikeman class. Also they can use Swadian Gauntlets and would look much nicer with the complete set.

On the note of pikeman i would say Thanos Legacy,Vagabond Helmet,Barbutte With Coif could use a change as of the new Ornate Bascinet out classing them all. 

I would like to see Thanos Legacy be like Pc and Ranger helm,Vagabond Helmet be like Zwei helms and Barbutte With Coif be Fearsome/Knight Helm.

Ornate Bascinet 
Tr4/60 armor 1w

Barbutte With Coif
Tr4/55-56 armor 2w

Thanos Legacy 
Halb/62+ armor 3w?

Vagabond
Mar/59 armor 2w

Out of all of them Thanos Legacy may deserve the buff as when Barbutte was 50 armor i'm 95% sure it was 60 still. Other 2 are not needed but would be nice.

ps When i used Ornate Bascinet the weight was 2.8. 0.8 more than Barbutte With Coif.

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Ribbed - 07-07-2016

(06-07-2016, 06:11 AM)Woody Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 04:37 AM)Disco Wrote: I think that Swadian Boots should be usable by Halberdier because they currently don't have access to boots better than Light Plated Boots, despite being the armoured Pikeman class. Also they can use Swadian Gauntlets and would look much nicer with the complete set.

On the note of pikeman i would say Thanos Legacy,Vagabond Helmet,Barbutte With Coif could use a change as of the new Ornate Bascinet out classing them all. 

I would like to see Thanos Legacy be like Pc and Ranger helm,Vagabond Helmet be like Zwei helms and Barbutte With Coif be Fearsome/Knight Helm.

Ornate Bascinet 
Tr4/60 armor 1w

Barbutte With Coif
Tr4/55-56 armor 2w

Thanos Legacy 
Halb/62+ armor 3w?

Vagabond
Mar/59 armor 2w

Out of all of them Thanos Legacy may deserve the buff as when Barbutte was 50 armor i'm 95% sure it was 60 still. Other 2 are not needed but would be nice.

ps When i used Ornate Bascinet the weight was 2.8. 0.8 more than Barbutte With Coif.

Yeah the t4 helm shouldn't have the same armor as halb helm. Just look at xbow: 68 vs 62, kind of a huge difference. 
Maybe a new halb helm will be put in and downgrade thanos to orange tho idk.

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - DR. - 07-07-2016

(07-07-2016, 12:57 AM)Ribbed Wrote: Yeah the t4 helm shouldn't have the same armor as halb helm. Just look at xbow: 68 vs 62, kind of a huge difference. 
Maybe a new halb helm will be put in and downgrade thanos to orange tho idk.
Well just to save getting a new model and it dropping may as well use what we have. Even if it 64 armor not much more but more than Ornate Bascinet to make it still wanted who have that hero and Ornate Bascinet.