NordInvasion Forum
The Fluffy Aloglaniacs [Event #5 19/10] - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Houses & Marketplace (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Houses (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: House Events (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=100)
+---- Thread: The Fluffy Aloglaniacs [Event #5 19/10] (/showthread.php?tid=14835)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

The Fluffy Aloglaniacs [Event #5 19/10] - Maroon - 17-09-2013

[align=center]Hello everyone!

As many of you may have noticed over the past few weeks, NordInvasion's playerbase is steadily declining. In the opinion of some of the members of the Order of the Nobles, this is because of the somewhat repetitive gameplay of endlessly grinding our way to Odin. We have grown weary of doing this over and over again, and so an idea formed in the head of one of our members to do something original, to be fleshed out by yours truly.
Therefore, we proudly present to you:
[glow=red,2,300]The Fluffy Aloglaniacs[/glow]

[table][tr][td][spoiler=        Idea        ]
The idea is simple: We start over. Every once in a while, ON hosts an event, and people use these events to level up a new character. The thing is, though, you can only play as this character during these events. This means everyone levels up their characters together, without any influence from other characters outside of the event.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=        Rules        ]
To ensure all goes well during these events, the following rules have been set up:
  1. You have to start a new character the first time you join;
  2. You can not send this new character any gear, materials, or gold from your other characters;
  3. You may only play as this character during these events;
  4. Crafting gear for your character is allowed, as long as it's done through the in-house crafters (found below) and your character provided the mats himself;
  5. All crafting levels must be at level 1 with 0 xp when you start with the character;
  6. Joining in during one of the later sessions is allowed, but obviously, you'll be a lower level than the rest;
  7. Please refrain from going afk to buy new gear/level your character; do so when you are dead, or when the map is changing;
  8. As this is a house event organised by ON, all members from ON will have a priority over non-ON members when it comes to joining a session;
  9. As trading with other players in this event IS allowed, a house will be created for the new characters, which you will have to join;
  10. Buying from the Auction Hall is allowed, but please do not use it to sell stuff from your others chars very cheaply, or to get gold over from your richer characters. Use your common sense here.
  11. On the subject of the AH: everything you sell must be priced lower than the current lowest offer for this item. This is to discourage people from selling items to friends for a relative high price to get money to this character. If the price falls, you may keep your offer on the AH but subsequent offers must be lower than the lowest priced item at the time.

Please note that these rules will be enforced quite strictly, because the event would fail without them. Unless you have a very good reason for it, breaking the rules means disqualification from the events, and a kick from the event house.
Also, these rules can be subject to change, should something else come up.[/spoiler]
[/td]
      [td][spoiler=        Advice      ]
  • As we will be starting out without any of the gear we normally use, tactics will have to be changed. Unless we have 15 people with Dep Shields, cade/shieldwalls won't work very well. Forming a complete shieldwall (Old Heater Shields ftw) could be a good alternative.
  • As everyone starts out as a redshirt, people could make arrangements to bring in multiple pieces of one equipment (eg 3 Military Scythes or Dep Shields) to ensure everyone has some basic equipment going on.
  • If you have more advices, post below, and I'll add them here
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=        Players      ]
Maroon - Level 11 Infantry
iBlue - Level 8 Infantry
P_Jack - Level 1
Falankos - Level 8 Infantry
Pale_Unicorn - Level 7 Militia
Chucky - Level 4
Bossculeur - Level 1
Bortmisher - Level 12 Militia
Nici - Level 1
WRX3 - Level 8 Infantry
Chopdick3000 - Level 6 Infantry
Noob - Level 7 Archer
Bananix - Level 1
Alphaa - Level 4
Balder - Level 7 Infantry
Geier - Level 10 Infantry
Omphorus - Level 14 Heavy Crossbowman
Reskan - Level 1
Senatauro - Level 6 Crossbowman
Map_Destroyer - Level 14 Heavy Crossbowman
MrJames - Level 4
GreekSkirm - Level 1
Tarrod - Level 1
Skywalker - Level 1
Maestro - Level 12 Militia
Kip - Level 6
Banana - Level ?
Darkfire - Level ?

Total: 28 players
[/spoiler]
[/td]
      [td][spoiler=    Screenshots    ][Image: 5j33.jpg]
[Image: omaf.jpg]
[Image: j9np.jpg]
[Image: iut3.jpg]
[Image: 5ei7.jpg][/spoiler]
[spoiler=        Crafters    ]To ensure that we can craft things quickly, we will have designated crafters for every profession. Send them your raw materials (Old Boots, Bone Shards, etc), so that they can craft em into 'refined' stuff. Of course, the crafters will give you the resulting materials back.
Blacksmith: Map_Destroyer - Level 3
Armorsmith: Bort - Level 3
Alchemist: Pale_Unicorn - Level 2

Available crafts:
- Sharp Arrows
- Leather Gloves
- Leather Jerkin
- Eastern Brown Robes
- Rus Shoes
- Leather Cap
- Padded Leather
- Peasant Archer's Tunic
- Deployable Shield
- Skirmisher's Gambeson
- Crossbowman's Padded Leather
- Mail Gauntlets
- Gambeson
[/spoiler]
[/td][/tr][/table]

If you are interested in joining this event, let me know in the comments below! Just note your name down, if you are available for the next event, etc.
And to the developers and admins: I cannot demand you not to join in on our events, but if you want to join, please join in like the rest of us (as a new char). In the case of devs, at least don't use too much Banhammers and Hande's Legendaries, if possible, because full dev gear would quite spoil the fun for other players. Of course, you guys can also join us as redshirts!

That's pretty much all I have to say, if you have any questions concerning the event, don't hesitate to ask, I'm here to help! Wink

Thanks, Maroon

Oh, and props to iBlue for coming up with the idea to start this.

The third fourth fifth event will be coming Saturday, the 19th, at 18:30 BST (British Summer Time)! [countdown=10,19,2013,18,30][/countdown]

Re: The Fluffy Aloglaniacs [Awesome Event] - JackB - 17-09-2013

I would like to join this, sounds like a ton of fun, only thing is getting the same people on every time

Re: The Fluffy Aloglaniacs [Awesome Event] - Falankos - 17-09-2013

I like the idea too, I'd be up for some redshirt events

Re: The Fluffy Aloglaniacs [Awesome Event] - Maroon - 17-09-2013

Good! The more, the merrier! I was kind of hoping that we could spread the word a little, so we could hopefully fill every event.

Re: The Fluffy Aloglaniacs [Awesome Event] - -Perception- - 17-09-2013

You can count on Fluffy_Pale_Unicorn's bow! Forward to level 2 we shall ascend!
(You've got my steam already, just let me know whenever this starts.)

Re: The Fluffy Aloglaniacs [Awesome Event] - Hypernoma - 17-09-2013

(17-09-2013, 03:12 PM)Maroon link Wrote:And to the developers and admins: I cannot demand you not to join in on our events, but if you want to join, please join in with the rest of us (as a new char). In the case of devs, at least don't use too much Banhammers and Hande's Legendaries, if possible, because full dev gear would quite spoil the fun for other players. Of course, you guys can also join us as redshirts!
You have no idea which redshirt I am...

(17-09-2013, 09:19 PM)-Perception- link Wrote:You can count on Fluffy_Pale_Unicorn's bow! Forward to level 2 we shall ascend!
(You've got my steam already, just let me know whenever this starts.)

Awesome! Big Grin
I'll keep this thread updated on times and dates and stuff, so make sure to check it every now and then.
By the way, depending on the amount ofpeople signing up, we may have the first event upcoming saturday, the 21st, probably somewhere between 7-8 BST.

And Hyper, I will absolutely not be looking for a Totally_Not_Suspicious_Redshirt in the server. Wink

Re: The Fluffy Aloglaniacs [Awesome Event] - JackB - 17-09-2013

Unfortunately i will not be able to make it this saturday as i am going to france for the week with my school sorry Sad

(17-09-2013, 09:43 PM)P_Jack link Wrote:Unfortunately i will not be able to make it this saturday as i am going to france for the week with my school sorry Sad

That's quite alright, it was a mere suggestion. ^^
I'll see which date is the most convenient for people, as long as I can make it that day as well! Tongue

Re: The Fluffy Aloglaniacs [Awesome Event] - Chuckwagon - 17-09-2013

I would love to do this and wondering how many of you could swing it on a friday afternoon  ;D