NordInvasion Forum
Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Community Projects (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: Models and Textures (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+---- Thread: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more (/showthread.php?tid=1531)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Ryu - 14-11-2012

Thanks Nici.

(13-11-2012, 01:42 AM)Ryu link Wrote: There are some recent retexture work of my previous glaive models. Nevermid their names, they are just named to fit with that dark robe's name Smile. And yes, it has The Followers of Worm symbol on it as MrG. requested.

Those weapons are not actually for assassins. Those names are how i added them into my single player game to fit with the robe's name there, "Assassin's_Armor" Big Grin.  Yes, a glaive is not very suitable weapon for an assassin hehehe. But it'd be very suprising to see one with that giant weapon ;D.

So... check here to see one; http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?topic=7427.0.html Wink.

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Ryu - 20-11-2012

Here i've started again working on my armor model set. I did some testings with copying rigging from other models in openbrf; now i have more faith that i might make it work in warband Tongue( lets say %70, but its more than enough to continue modelling Smile ).

Dont mind the textures, the are just there temporarily while modelling. Boots arent finished yet, part under the belly(chained part) will have some more work on it; also i'll still have to model a suitable helmet. Btw, this is the lowpoly model, so the mesh will be like how its now(exept what i will add later). Poly count will be a bit higher than the usual models(not too crazy ofcourse), but i guess its worth increasing polycount. Anyways i hope you guys like it, i'll post more while working on it.

[Image: eDIuV.png]

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Senni - 20-11-2012

That's awesome Ryu, hope it works Tongue.

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - _Sophie_ - 20-11-2012

Realistic  :o

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - ~CM~Dragz - 20-11-2012

Looks really awesome  Big Grin

I played the mod PoP and theres a plate armour (like the one you made) with a place for the players banner at the chest.

This would make the armour even better imo but its just an idea and I dont know how to model this  Tongue

Heres a screenshot made ingame:

[Image: 12548662ey.jpg]

EDIT: This one has just some green colour at the chest because I was too lazy to search for the right one.

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - _Sophie_ - 20-11-2012

(20-11-2012, 01:40 PM)Dragonknight link Wrote: Looks really awe....
With heraldic armor? Nice  ;D

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Nici - 20-11-2012

Nice ryu:

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Jarold - 25-11-2012

Finally someone made a decent looking plate armor. I think its amazing, you should make a closed helmet that matches the armor for those ugly faces.

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Mr_Awesome - 26-11-2012

looks great keep it up.

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Ryu - 29-11-2012

(20-11-2012, 09:57 AM)Senni link Wrote: That's awesome Ryu, hope it works Tongue.

Thanks mate, i think it will Smile.

(20-11-2012, 11:37 AM)_Sophie_ link Wrote: Realistic  :o

Thanks Sophie. I bet it will turn out more fantasiesh than realistic when it's finished, i cant really model realistic things that much Big Grin.

(20-11-2012, 01:40 PM)Dragonknight link Wrote: Looks really awesome  Big Grin

I played the mod PoP and theres a plate armour (like the one you made) with a place for the players banner at the chest.

This would make the armour even better imo but its just an idea and I dont know how to model this  Tongue

Heres a screenshot made ingame:

EDIT: This one has just some green colour at the chest because I was too lazy to search for the right one.

Thanks mate. That requires some material work in openbrf i think, which i have no idea how to make it happen (i guess its something about transparency, not sure).

(20-11-2012, 03:29 PM)Nici link Wrote: Nice ryu:

Thanks Nici.

(25-11-2012, 07:12 AM)Jarold link Wrote: Finally someone made a decent looking plate armor. I think its amazing, you should make a closed helmet that matches the armor for those ugly faces.

Thanks Jarold. I'm thinking to make a T face barbute helmet with brush mohawk on it(like the Roman helmets). So i guess we cant evade showing our ugly faces Tongue hehehe.

(26-11-2012, 03:46 PM)Peter_File link Wrote: looks great keep it up.
Thank you Peter.

----------------------------

Now about the armor; i had to work on copying rigging in openbrf, changing it's mesh countless times, trying diferent native armors' rigs to copy... it was a disaster and i spent more than 10 hours just to make it work :/. Its not that good, there are some glitching parts which i couldnt find a way to fix; however its kinda usable now which is a good news for me Smile.

Final model is not how i wanted it to be; forearm gauntlets are too big(to make it usable with other warband models), legs are too thin(copying rigging and softening-stiffering it made that one :/ ), shoulder areas have some glitchings; all because i lack the rigging skills. Here is the last shape of the mesh, rendered in Blender;
[Image: FLhS2.png]

After wasting hours on it at the end, i had to tear model apart(outer parts) and assign them on bones one by one; and then combine all together to make it usable. So those are the non-textured meshes with some ambient occlusion to show the shape of armor in-game. I must say i love openbrf, its really a great tool. (I had no idea ao can be baked on meshes ;D):
[Image: Tda8W.jpg]
[Image: s5g3S.jpg]
[Image: bFwXh.jpg]
[Image: DuR1V.jpg]

Let me tell you upfront; there is no way to change the mesh shape anymore without braking the rig, this is how it works at its best unfortunately. Now i'll make a suitable helmet and will start texturing. I hope you guys like it Smile.