NordInvasion Forum
Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Community Projects (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: Models and Textures (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+---- Thread: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more (/showthread.php?tid=1531)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - _Sophie_ - 29-11-2012

The white hurts my eye's  :o its a nice model but I dont like the white armor, thats my opinion.

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Carolus Rex - 29-11-2012

(29-11-2012, 11:12 AM)_Sophie_ link Wrote: The white hurts my eye's  :o its a nice model but I dont like the white armor, thats my opinion.
It doesn't have a texture yet, it won't look that white when he puts a texture on it. Tongue

Also, great work as always Ryu keep it up! Smile

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Displeased_Peasant - 29-11-2012

I think the armour looks really nice, personally I think that the plates around the waste  would look better if they had less gaps between them but very nice none the less  Smile

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Ryu - 30-11-2012

@Sophie: As Das said, it wont be white when finished Smile.

@Das: Thanks mate Smile.

@Displeased_Peasant: I couldnt agree more mate, there were already alot less gap between them before copying rig but i had to spread them :/.

I'll explain it better after those dx7 screenies(less brightness so mesh is easier to see);
--------------

[Image: dvEqV.jpg]
[Image: 4Tvtr.jpg]

------------------------

Now to explain better why i dont want to change the mesh anymore;
As you can see here, even with their current distance to each other; those side parts can glitch through sometimes in different poses ingame.
[Image: afXtT.jpg]
---------------

Like here with left slash, if those side parts were closer, that glitching may happen to 3rd or 4th outer parts, and its already bad as its :/.
[Image: XwklE.jpg]
---------------

In circle here, side parts are not glithing as its now, but they can start to glitch through if i mess with them any further(believe me i already tried them closer; many many times before even posting the first in-game screenshots of the armor).
[Image: d8xwf.jpg]

This is also a good screenshot to check the shoulder guards. They are standing a bit backside of the armor, its because they are going back with shoulder bones with slashes and give "somewhat" believeable positions (except they cut through the neck in this lol). I'm not sure how it will be if i move those shoulder guards to front more(as i where i actually want them to be), but i dont want to make the frontside of the armor too messy.

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - SK_Blade - 30-11-2012

Looks really good Ryu, i hope to see this in game

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Jarold - 30-11-2012

By chance Ryu do you have a download for any of these models to use in native?

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Senni - 30-11-2012

Looking good ryu,

are the plates floating atm? not sure if it's the viewing angle making it look like they are Tongue.

The intersecting thing you can't really help (and isn't that noticeable anyway Tongue).

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Ryu - 01-12-2012

(30-11-2012, 03:18 AM)SK_Blade link Wrote: Looks really good Ryu, i hope to see this in game

Thanks Blade.

(30-11-2012, 06:57 AM)Jarold link Wrote: By chance Ryu do you have a download for any of these models to use in native?

Hey Jarold, nope i dont have any osp; and those are not open source, sorry. Although i might release them as osp at future.

(30-11-2012, 06:13 PM)Senni link Wrote: Looking good ryu,

are the plates floating atm? not sure if it's the viewing angle making it look like they are Tongue.

The intersecting thing you can't really help (and isn't that noticeable anyway Tongue).

Thx Senni, yes they are floating if you are asking that if are they merged on body mesh or not. They are seperate from main mesh.

-----------------------------

After passing some time looking at screenshots i decided to rescale gauntlets, move and scale up shoulder guards, and thanks to Displeased_Peasant; since those gaps became an eyesore i edited those too Big Grin. Now shoulder guards are kinda big enough and working nicely, gauntlets are smaller but still working with most of the warband armors and those side plates are closer (and maybe a bit more glitchy than before). But now i'm ok with proportions of the armor Smile. Thanks for the feedbacks guys, they really help.

Here are those updates;
[Image: 77A6u.jpg]
[Image: NOtz7.jpg]

The helmet is next i hope.

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Lord Striker - 01-12-2012

Looking good!

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - _Sophie_ - 01-12-2012

Keep up the good work  Wink