NordInvasion Forum
Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Community Projects (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: Models and Textures (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+---- Thread: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more (/showthread.php?tid=1531)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Senni - 01-12-2012

Nice!

That looks awesome, can't wait to see some textures >Big Grin.

It's made me want to try making some armour now Tongue.

Been thinking about making a plate set with a lion motif:

lion heads on the shoulders (metal), lion engraving swadia style on the chest and pauldrons...

How did you get started on your model? did you use a plainish model already in warband as a base for scale? or from scratch?

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Terath - 01-12-2012

Very, very professional! I absolutely love it.
I think the texture should have light not dark metal, and should be heraldic.
I wonder if they can do the heraldics put the flag itself on the plate but put the words in stuff in gold, while the backround is the color of the plate.
I think it should also be called..
Swadian Full Plate
71 Chest Armor
+2 Head Armor
35 Leg Armor
-
Crafting cost 5m
I have no time to think up things that would craft this, but good  luck Ryu!

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Ryu - 04-12-2012

(01-12-2012, 06:45 PM)_Sophie_ link Wrote: Keep up the good work  Wink

Thanks Sophie Smile.

(01-12-2012, 07:39 PM)Senni link Wrote: Nice!

That looks awesome, can't wait to see some textures >Big Grin.

It's made me want to try making some armour now Tongue.

Been thinking about making a plate set with a lion motif:

lion heads on the shoulders (metal), lion engraving swadia style on the chest and pauldrons...

How did you get started on your model? did you use a plainish model already in warband as a base for scale? or from scratch?

Thanks again mate. Trying to make a whole armor set is taking hell of a time, and rigging(or coppying it) is bit of a problem but it'd be nice to see what you will come up with if you decide to make one Senni Smile.

Every part there, was once a simple cube in Blender at first, thats probably why it took so much time; i even modelled a new hand to build armor on for the gauntlets, because i wanted the whole model-mesh to belong to me at the end. So, no native or osp mesh has been used as a base.

But to define proportions of the body (where elbows, knees, shoulders are; how long are legs, forearms; where hip starts etc.), i compare those with a native armor set to make model to fit with warband models.

(01-12-2012, 10:13 PM)Terath86 link Wrote: Very, very professional! I absolutely love it.
I think the texture should have light not dark metal, and should be heraldic.
I wonder if they can do the heraldics put the flag itself on the plate but put the words in stuff in gold, while the backround is the color of the plate.
I think it should also be called..
Swadian Full Plate
71 Chest Armor
+2 Head Armor
35 Leg Armor
-
Crafting cost 5m
I have no time to think up things that would craft this, but good  luck Ryu!

Thanks Terath Smile. I was thinking to make 2 different textures for the set; one is pure metallic white(with env. map for fake reflections) and one with some motifs ehm patterns for more "royal" look.

But for the stats or the naming of the armor, its devs' job. If you ask me, i prefer "Swadian Defender Armor" Tongue.

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Hablam - 04-12-2012

nice work, as always from you ryu  ;D
i hope the textures are finished soon, can't wait to see them  Big Grin

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Displeased_Peasant - 04-12-2012

Really looking nice now, I doubt the glitches will be that noticeable while you're busy slaughtering nords Wink

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Ryu - 05-12-2012

(04-12-2012, 02:33 PM)VLKA_Hablam link Wrote: nice work, as always from you ryu  ;D

Thank you mate Smile.

(04-12-2012, 07:08 PM)Displeased_Peasant link Wrote: Really looking nice now, I doubt the glitches will be that noticeable while you're busy slaughtering nords Wink

Hahaha yeah i guess so Smile. Thanks again for pointing the gaps mate. Feedbacks are really helping when modelling, i'm grateful for that.

------

Now, helmet's mesh is kinda done. I "might" add some layered plates at back of it for more protection on neck Tongue, but first i need to check how current mesh works in-game. Here are 2 renders in Blender, meshes are all low-mid poly and will be used as they are in warband i hope(helmet has about 1.9k tris currently).
[Image: vf8zk.png]
[Image: o4klt.png]

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - YuriTheRed - 05-12-2012

(05-12-2012, 12:30 PM)Ryu link Wrote: [quote author=VLKA_Hablam link=topic=2832.msg64597#msg64597 date=1354631622]
nice work, as always from you ryu  ;D

Thank you mate Smile.

(04-12-2012, 07:08 PM)Displeased_Peasant link Wrote: Really looking nice now, I doubt the glitches will be that noticeable while you're busy slaughtering nords Wink

Hahaha yeah i guess so Smile. Thanks again for pointing the gaps mate. Feedbacks are really helping when modelling, i'm grateful for that.

------

Now, helmet's mesh is kinda done. I "might" add some layered plates at back of it for more protection on neck Tongue, but first i need to check how current mesh works in-game. Here are 2 renders in Blender, meshes are all low-mid poly and will be used as they are in warband i hope(helmet has about 1.9k tris currently).
[Image: vf8zk.png]
[Image: o4klt.png]
[/quote]

=O looks amazing

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - k4mi - 05-12-2012

(05-12-2012, 12:34 PM)YuriTheRed link Wrote: =O looks amazing

I have to agree, just amazing !

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Gismo - 05-12-2012

very nice ryu!

Re: Ryu's Armory - My Warband Models and maybe some more - Carolus Rex - 05-12-2012

Are you going to add leather straps btw?
To make it look legit! Tongue
[/spoiler]
Just to show how its kept together really.

Other then that, it gets better every time i see new stuff from you mate!