NordInvasion Forum
March: The month of the purge - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: News (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News & Updates (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: March: The month of the purge (/showthread.php?tid=20301)

Pages: 1 2 3

March: The month of the purge - Hypernoma - 08-03-2014

Good evening,

As many of you know from conversations on IRC and Teamspeak, March is to be the month of the purge. This has been likened to the movie "The Purge" and bears many similarities except only I get to kill everyone. I am tired with the flagrant rule breaking, insulting, trolling, queue skipping, interrupting refills, bullying etc etc etc that has been going on. I will therefore be clearing out the undesirables from the NordInvasion community. It really is not difficult to be nice and just play this game and enjoy yourself. In the first year of NordInvasion it was a rarity that we banned players, such a rarity that we knew the name and reason of every single player that was banned. I now have a list hundreds of names long. Players used to have no problem playing together and having fun without the need to act like a bunch pre-pubescent children pulling hair on the playground. I am tired of it, the admin team is tired of it and I know many players who are also far too tired of it. A zero tolerance policy is now in effect until players can learn to act with the slightest degree of decorum. You do not have a right to play this mod, you have a privilege and it is time players acted in accordance with that privilege.

As this is the internet and positive reinforcement does not work, we will therefore build a nicer community through negative reinforcement aka the banhammer. I appreciate that the majority of the community are perfectly civil and a pleasure to play with but there are a fair number of players who have abused our good nature of late. They have crossed the line on repeated occasions and expect that they will not be met with repercussions. Time for that illusion to dissipate. I love this game and the community that has been built around it but there are those who seek to detract from the good nature of what I like to think is one of the most friendly and mature communities in Warband.

Love,

Hypernoma

TL;DR If you break my rules, I will break you. There is now a zero-tolerance policy.

Re: March: The month of the purge - Sinister Soldier - 08-03-2014

Sounds like a nice plan!

Re: March: The month of the purge - Tjav - 08-03-2014

first of all, i do love this mod, and i love the entire dev and admin team for their awesome work, sadly i wasnt around in the time when you knew every1 in the entire mod, but i have seen some of the worse things happening like ppl being complete asshats, my plea for all of you guys that play this mod, dont let this mod turn into something as nasty as the NW community, if you have just the smallest look on the forums there you will just see ppl completely out of control, even tho i dont support a zero tolerance policy i do admit that it might be the devs best weapon against the trolls of the internet. and just a small reminder, the more ppl that get to play this mod the more trolls will also get attracted, that is sadly the thing with the internet, if there is something enjoyable you will be sure to get some ppl trying to destroy it. i do hope that every1 will do their very best to try and give the admin team as little work as possible by showing that we can all play together, if you dont like a person just simply try to be civil easy as that.

Re: March: The month of the purge - human_being - 09-03-2014

Ok. I like that.

Re: March: The month of the purge - El_Jefe - 09-03-2014

Hell Ya.

Re: March: The month of the purge - madjsoh - 10-03-2014

i miss the old days when an admin was on almost every server and people didn't try to teach the red-shirts...they forced them to learn. I think the community has gone soft, and this is the result. we need people other than clickeverywhere administrating, carrying and teaching the new players on normal. that is where they get their first impressions on how to play the game and what is considered acceptable behaviour verse what is not acceptable. the trouble is none of these players wants to play normal mode any more because it doesn't drop! (see how I incorporated a loot complaint even into this?...i'm getting better at it!)

Re: March: The month of the purge - Legend - 10-03-2014

We never "forced" redshirts. Where would there be the fun in playing this mod ?. Besides click doing an excellent Job there, several other Admins and Devs are playing normal pretty frequently. Imho attitudes like you showing there getting things worse, maybe you want to have a look at a different angle of perspective and start thinking.

Re: March: The month of the purge - Handef_Snizel - 10-03-2014

In my opinion we should have more experienced players playing on normal, not just carrying the team, but actively talking to and teaching the redshirts. So that they might become well developed and worthwhile players (something NI lacks these days)

I also fully support this move!

Re: March: The month of the purge - madjsoh - 10-03-2014

(10-03-2014, 07:07 AM)Legend link Wrote:We never "forced" redshirts. Where would there be the fun in playing this mod ?. Besides click doing an excellent Job there, several other Admins and Devs are playing normal pretty frequently. Imho attitudes like you showing there getting things worse, maybe you want to have a look at a different angle of perspective and start thinking.

i wasn't talking about the admins forcing redshirts but more developed members of this community and i do agree that click is doing a good job which is why i stated that in the first place? if you played often you would realise how unadmined the au servers are of late and comprehend that things are not OK atm hence this thread derp. personally what i say and do on the forums does not affect the way i play in game, your inferences are wrong and offensive and you should keep them to yourself. i made a comment on the community and you disagree let's leave it at that rather than attacking someone for their opinions on something (maybe it is your attitude "getting things worse"?)

Re: March: The month of the purge - Handef_Snizel - 10-03-2014

Why does every thread on this forum turn into an argument?...