NordInvasion Forum
Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Community Projects (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+---- Thread: Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! (/showthread.php?tid=204)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Re: Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! - King Hot Dog - 03-03-2013

(03-03-2013, 02:52 PM)Jeffacake link Wrote: Nord Legionary

In the face of Swadian shieldwalls and organized formations, King Ragnar has decided to train an elite group of his troops in a rumored legendary method of combat from a continent over the mountains of Calradia. These troops fight in tight formation with heavy Rhodok board shields to protect them and pouches of armor piercing Vaegir throwing spears to smash apart Swadian shields before hitting the line with their traditional Nord battle axes to cut away what's left. The few times these legions have been deployed have resulted in massive victories for the Nord Army and crushing defeats for the unlucky Swadian soldiers that resisted in the face of this terrible onslaught.

Helm: Warlord Helm
Body: Cuir bouilli
Legs: Mail Boots

Weaponry:
Shield: Heavy Board Shield
Primary: One-Handed Battle Axe
Ranged: Two pouches of throwing spears (If can be modeled to look like pila, would be AWESOME)

Note: If anyone has any ideas on how to make this unit look more Roman Legionary-ish, feel free to post your ideas, I have a limited knowledge on the full armory of Mount and Blade and might be missing a couple of better armors.

that sounds awesome they could be wave 18 normal or middle hard mode

Re: Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! - Ragnash - 17-03-2013

Well with a new mode being introduced with 0.5.0, I thought I might throw some enemy suggestions around to help get the players and hopefully the developers thinking about some new troops to add. All these suggestions would be for the new middle mode.

Nord Engineer

The nord war machine needs workers to keep it driving forward, these engineers accompany the best war parties as they smash their way to victory.

This enemy would be a mixed wave enemy from 4-onwards, it would replace the nord master hunter. Very lethal shot with crossbow.

[Weapons] Siege Crossbow, Heavy Bolts, Sledgehammer
[Armour] Kettle Helm, Broigne Shirt, Leather Gloves, Leather Boots

Nord Pillager

These fanatics follow around Ragnar's army and pillage all defenseless villages they come across, these madmen are kept around because they serve a purpose for the nord army.

This enemy is an anti-kite unit, wave 6 or 10.

[Weapons] Winged Mace, Nordic Bat
[Armour] Skullcap, Slaver Armour, No Hand, Leather Boots

Nord Regular

These hardened warriors are regulars in Ragnar's army. They make up the core of the infantry.

This enemy would be a mixed wave enemy from 1-onwards, tough but normal to kill. Powerful three throwing spears.

[Weapons] Nordic War Sword, Throwing Spear, Huscarl Shield
[Armour] Nordic Huscarl's Helmet, Huscarl Banded Armor 2, Mail Mittens, Mail Boots

Nord Ward

Ragnar's wards. With the fall of the Prince, these young wards are trying to prove themselves to their King to perhaps earn a new prestigous promotion.

This enemy is basically a mini-prince carrying long weapons, challenge wave 18.

[Weapons] Great Long Axe (Or Great Sword)
[Armour] Great Helmet, Heavy Kuyak, Plate Mittens, Plate Boots

Nord Thrower

Elite hunters for the Nord raiding parties, the nords are extremely good with spears wearing light armor.

A throwing unit with powerful harpoons that can also use a war spear. Challenge wave 14 (Possible mixed wave unit).

[Weapons] War Spear, Harpoon Javelin
[Armour] Mail Coif, Mail Hauberk, Mail Mittens, Mail Boots

Nord Highlander

After a failed invasion of a distant land. The nords discovered an extremely tough and resilient group of warriors that they modeled their own unit on. (Want this in so there can be a 'There can be only one!' quest)

A strong two-handed enemy, challenge wave 10 (Possible mixed wave unit).

[Weapons] Strange Great Sword
[Armour] Highlander Hat, Heavy Highlander Armor, No Hand, Highlander Boots

Note: Not really serious about the highlanders, but would be nice to see. Also, I am aware there are some similarities with troops that are already in game with some of these units, hard to avoid them, but they are merely suggestions. I also do not know what new items will be added in 0.5.0 so the gear specified could be changed a lot with newly added gear, or replaced with similar equipment. The names of enemy troops could also undergo a tweak to be more nordish. Oh, and MOAR RANGERS!

Re: Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! - FF_Skywalker - 17-03-2013

All nice ideas.
The engineer is the best......

Re: Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! - Legend - 18-03-2013

[spoiler]
Nord Pillager
This enemy is an anti-kite unit, wave 6 or 10.

[spoiler]

How dare you ? Sad

Re: Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! - Legend - 21-03-2013

here are some various ideas :

I. An enemy who brings in statues with him  , which get activated one after one the longer he lives.

II.  An enemy which has the ability to "soulshift" with a random player who he aimed for ( so the bot controls the player then and the player the former enemy until that enemy is killed)

III. An enemy who splits into moar enemies when killed .

Happy coding ! Wink

Re: Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! - Marlowe Biggs - 21-03-2013

(21-03-2013, 04:10 AM)Legend link Wrote: here are some various ideas :

I. An enemy who brings in statues with him  , which get activated one after one the longer he lives.

II.  An enemy which has the ability to "soulshift" with a random player who he aimed for ( so the bot controls the player then and the player the former enemy until that enemy is killed)

III. A enemy ranger who splits into moar enemies rangers when killed.

Happy coding ! Wink

Re: Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! - Lord Striker - 21-03-2013

Quote:An enemy who splits into moar enemies when killed .

Endless bots!

Re: Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! - Legend - 21-03-2013

(21-03-2013, 06:59 PM)Lord Striker link Wrote:

Endless bots!

Limited to do it once or two times max ofc Smile

Re: Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! - Gimli - 21-03-2013

(21-03-2013, 07:58 PM)Legend link Wrote: [quote author=Lord Striker link=topic=237.msg92669#msg92669 date=1363892394]

Endless bots!

Limited to do it once or two times max ofc Smile
[/quote]

Why not unlimited? Maybe like you need to kill everyone with a barrel (for ragnarok)

Re: Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! - clickeverywhere - 21-03-2013

On the topic of unorthodox enemies, how about an enemy that is shorter than the usual? It'll require players to fight differently. I would make a joke about Wolfsblood here too but I don't want to detract from the idea, which I feel would actually be quite fun if implemented.