NordInvasion Forum
Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Community Projects (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+---- Thread: Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! (/showthread.php?tid=204)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Re: Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! - Conqueror_Worm - 05-01-2012

Thank you Sphinx, but I get killed enough as it is.  :Smile

A lot of awesome suggestions here. I've currently been set to work on hard-mode and although I'm getting quite far along I could really use some help with more troop ideas, would be boring with just the same types of mob every wave.

Some of these suggestions are surely awesome for hard-mode and I will definitively use some, but got any cool idea for some really bad ass mobs to frustrate high level players? Lay them on me!

Re: Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! - PEWLUVSCHU - 05-01-2012

Loki ( A boss for hardcore mode )

2handed Sledgehammer ( Crush through {on all directions ?} )
Heavy mail brynga
somewhat like this
Difficulty: Very Hard

Re: Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! - Kwal - 05-01-2012

• Nord Overseer
  • Iron mace, heavy round shield
  • Studded leather vest
  • medium/hard
  • Posted earlier and I'm sure you read it, but I edited a little bit and I'd like to add that these of course should be among the Nord Prisoner waves Smile
  • Hjalmar
  • Poleaxe/Long Bardiche/Polehammer (maybe?)/Long War Axe
  • Mail Hauberk, Winged Helmet
  • Quite Hard
  • Important thing is that they all wear the same helmet, since Hjalmar means helmed warrior

Re: Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! - xChampions_2ndNhs - 06-01-2012

Hmm... I really wanna see some trolls helping the nords.

If you have played Full Invasion you might know wich trolls/orcs I mean.

Theyr taller then everyone, got no armor, but alot of health and do higher dmg than berserkers.
They use blunt weapons.

Difficulity; Hard-Need of hack

Re: Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! - MrShovelFace - 08-01-2012

(05-01-2012, 06:41 AM)_Sphinx_ link Wrote: Dopplegangers

Equips = Generated from what the players are using as weapon/armor/horse, maybe based on the previous round (So people don't unequip everything before the end of the round)
Difficulty = High

Misc : I'm not sure if it would be easy to code ,but it would be great to have 3 clones per player spawning wearing the same equip than players. So let's say there's the King_Of_Swadia, _Sphinx_, Conquerer Worm, Player X , Player Y ... then we'd be fight 3 King of Swadia , 3 Sphinx , 3 Worms , 3 Player X and 3 Player Y. Low level will make good enemies with low-tier weapon and you'd have 3 enemies spawning with the equip of King_Of_Swadia, making them very tough to kill I guess and would be mounted units. It would kind of be funny to fight ourselves. Their names could be the player's name they are cloning like "_Sphinx_ Copy" or "_Sphinx_ Clone" or simply "Doppleganger" (to avoid too much coding or trouble Tongue).

sorry but there is already one too many shovels running around this world Tongue

Re: Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! - Diddles - 08-01-2012

Not really a suggestion but I would love to see much more mix-ups in the earlier waves. You can only kill so many peasants, militia and prisoners before it becomes more of a chore rather than a blast. Don't get me wrong I love the meat grinding and slaughter of the first few waves but rather than focus on the higher waves I think it would be must better to focus on adding more diversity and depth to low end troops. I mean thats all early players will be able to kill and grind on in the first few days.

Re: Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! - scott_slod - 16-01-2012

I was thinking about the skirmisher and how op and really not true skirmish where atm

i was thinking more like this:
skirmisher
range: javelins, axes (true nord style),darts (optional) all with with a cover of a
melee: a axe and a small shield or sometimes no shield at all at a increase of throwing weapons
armour: lightly armoured (because they not designed to kill archers and lightly armour units from range, they flee before the enemy tries melee's them)
skills: medium-high throwing skill and a good agility
description: designed to weaken the enemy before other other units join combat this lightly armour units are
the best against  archers and weakly armour players, but they aren't an match against a heavy armoured players or shielded

Re: Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! - scott_slod - 16-01-2012

(14-12-2011, 12:36 AM)Onyx link Wrote: I was thinking about slave troops from Khergit, Sarranid, Rhodok, and Vaegir kingdoms, and have them lightly armored, with Nord enforcers.

it would be fun if the slaves rebel and join Swadian side ones you killed ther enforcers

Re: Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! - alsasloren - 17-01-2012

Nord Medics

Easy to kill but comes at later waves
Heals nords
a low quality leather armor
a knife and some thing that heals nords(maybe medic box)

Re: Enemy Troops! Throw your best ideas at me! - Hypernoma - 17-01-2012

(17-01-2012, 11:57 AM)alsasloren link Wrote: Nord Medics

Easy to kill but comes at later waves
Heals nords
a low quality leather armor
a knife and some thing that heals nords(maybe medic box)

Check out hardcore mode for "nord medics", or nord battle priests  :o