NordInvasion Forum
Brainstorming about Legionnaire Armor (for fun) - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Community Projects (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+---- Thread: Brainstorming about Legionnaire Armor (for fun) (/showthread.php?tid=26537)

Pages: 1 2

Brainstorming about Legionnaire Armor (for fun) - synario - 07-08-2014

This thread is just for kicks, in advance; nothing srs to be seen here.  Tongue

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So, with the discussion regarding a buff to Legionnaire, I keep wondering. Wouldn't it be gloriously fantastic if Legionnaire had some super light armor that is specific to it's class? So, my mind starts racing with ideas:

-It can't really look like ACTUAL legionnaire armor, can it? That would  break with the whole medieval theme, after all. Is there a way to "crusaderize" Legionnaire armor, without it looking totally ridiculous?

Does this look too roman to fit into NI?: -Also, if the armor was hero specific, then like other hero-specific armor (imperial for RG, or zwei-only armor), it's probably going to be fairly expensive I'm guessing..

-Theoretically speaking, how heavy would our imaginary Legionnaire-only armor be? I'm guessing for it to make sense, not be OP, but at the same time be light-enough to allow the legionnaire some decent agility. No more than 25 weight, at least..maybe 20 weight?

-How strong would it be? The same as striped/heavy swadian lam maybe, so as not to be OP?

Feel free to post any pics of what might be some cool looking legionnaire armor, that isn't too roman.  Wink

EDIT: Here's some much less roman looking armor:

Re: Brainstorming about Legionnaire Armor (for fun) - synario - 07-08-2014

I don't like this armor that much, but it's probably the least roman-looking of all 3:

Re: Brainstorming about Legionnaire Armor (for fun) - Maroon - 07-08-2014

Just FYI, a piece of armor in Skyrim isn't easily convertable into a piece of armor in Warband, even less so if the maker didn't make it OSP.

Re: Brainstorming about Legionnaire Armor (for fun) - Timmix - 07-08-2014

Why do you make so many topics  ???

Re: Brainstorming about Legionnaire Armor (for fun) - Suns - 07-08-2014

(07-08-2014, 10:44 PM)ejj link Wrote:Why do you make so many topics  ???
And triple post...

(07-08-2014, 10:44 PM)ejj link Wrote:Why do you make so many topics  ???

Trying to get to 1000 posts, obviously.  Tongue

Re: Brainstorming about Legionnaire Armor (for fun) - Timmix - 07-08-2014

(07-08-2014, 10:47 PM)synario link Wrote:[quote author=ejj link=topic=30228.msg191904#msg191904 date=1407451456]
Why do you make so many topics  ???

Trying to get to 1000 posts, obviously.  Tongue
[/quote] I'm not poking you or anything, just curious  Smile

Re: Brainstorming about Legionnaire Armor (for fun) - Renji - 18-08-2014

How about suggesting actual protective armor designs for legionnaire... Perhaps something with very slight resemblance instead of dropping the whole entire roman idea into NI. Too many roman fans in Warband, hate the Romans and the roads they came in on :/ My idea is to arrange a segmented armor pieces for mobility on the joints of the body while maintaining a solid breastplate. The Shoulder plates can have slight tassles of leather for design, but maintaining actual metal armor as protection. Please notice how many Nords and Imperials died in Skyrim due to their craptastic leather armor. Legionnaire should have something around a lighter armor set yet hindered by protection. Legionnaires should have armor that make it possible to throw items with the arm piece.

Re: Brainstorming about Legionnaire Armor (for fun) - Suns - 18-08-2014

?