NordInvasion Forum
Persistent Trades - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Community Projects (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+---- Thread: Persistent Trades (/showthread.php?tid=32080)

Pages: 1 2

Persistent Trades - Faultyr - 22-11-2014

Hi readers,

I got this problem, you got this problem, we all got it! Trading with yourself.

Scenario:

Char 1 got mats like old boots, bent swords and crooked sticks. You need the crafting exp for Char 2 crafting, but another Char, #3 need the crafted materials for further using. So you trade the mats from 1 to 2 and from 2 to 3. Ok fine then. But Char 4 and Char 1 can use stuff which #3 crafted. So you trade 3 to 4 and 3 to 1. Ohh you forgot that Char 4 also got those basic mats. So you trade 4 to 2, again 2 to 3, then 3 to 4 and 3 to 1.

This is just a scenario, but it happens all the time to me. As you may know it can be very annoying to switch between chars then accept the the trade request, then switch back to put in stuff accept, switch again and accept. This just for one trade!

My suggestion now is:

Whats about a possibilty to have a permanent trade. To achieve this it could be an auto requesting and accepting trade or a never closing trade. The ''special'' trade functions like normal trade in any kind of matter, except the Continuity of it. Also it should cost one time 10k to enable it and you can have only 3 of it at the same time. And the most important thing the Chars must of course be in the same house. If one of the trade partners leave, the perma trade disappears!

What do you say?

EDIT: Chuckwagon mentioned the shared inventory for chars of the same player.
        (3rd reply)

Re: Persistent Trades - BlackSniper - 22-11-2014

Is this a idea about permanent trade, or trading between characters?
A permanent trade would take away the house requests etc and would mean less fun.
But the idea about a permanent trade between your own characters would be awesome.

Re: Persistent Trades - Chuckwagon - 22-11-2014

While this is a good idea, I feel that having a shared inventory is much simpler and might also be in the works. Something definetly needs to be done though, that we can all agree on.

Re: Persistent Trades - Faultyr - 22-11-2014

(22-11-2014, 08:54 PM)BlαcĸSɴιper link Wrote:Is this a idea about permanent trade, or trading between characters?
A permanent trade would take away the house requests etc and would mean less fun.
But the idea about a permanent trade between your own characters would be awesome.

It's about trading between own characters. Sorry that i didnt clearify that.

(22-11-2014, 09:06 PM)Chuckwagon link Wrote:While this is a good idea, I feel that having a shared inventory is much simpler and might also be in the works. Something definetly needs to be done though, that we can all agree on.

Would also be an possibilty, but if your characters are in different houses, how the shared inventory is used then?

Re: Persistent Trades - Chuckwagon - 22-11-2014

Simply put, any inventory that you look at, no matter what character it is, shows all of your items. That way you wouldn't have to bother with rearranging your items before leaving houses to trade or creating a character for storage.

Re: Persistent Trades - BlackSniper - 22-11-2014

Permanent trade between your own characters would be awesome, but you still need to trade.
Shared inventory/crafting list would be better?

I think both is a good idea, let's make a poll!

Re: Persistent Trades - Atorus - 22-11-2014

I must say that i like this idea with the "Shared Inventory". Hope this will happen

Re: Persistent Trades - Timmix - 22-11-2014

Yeah ^ a shared inventory would be more practical imo, no more character swapping for trades etc