NordInvasion Forum
Master Peltast vs Marauder - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Strategies and Guides (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Skirmisher (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Thread: Master Peltast vs Marauder (/showthread.php?tid=40184)

Pages: 1 2

Master Peltast vs Marauder - TheGrayDragon - 30-05-2015

Hello all,
I'm coming close to the decision of picking between Master Peltast and Marauder, but I cannot figure out which one to choose.
I know Peltast gains access to Rupterers, but the likelyhood of looting that is extremely rare.
So, do you think the 65 bonus in polearms and extra power strike is better than the 25 bonus in throwing and the extra power throw?

I'm leaning towards Marauder, but would like to hear the pro's and cons for each class. Smile

Re: Master Peltast vs Marauder - Non-Political Proton - 30-05-2015

Pick Halberdier, and become a tank

Re: Master Peltast vs Marauder - GrafBlade - 30-05-2015

Well, it's not an easy decision. I think that the increased throwing ability can make a difference as well as the increased polearm damage. But don't forget about the running speed of MP, as it is the fastest class in game. The difference in the running ability is quite significant e.g. compared to a Halberdier.

Both classes are of course very useful in a full team, as the Marauder also deals a quite nice damage in throwing, whereas the MP can slash as well. It also depends on the weapons. If you're owning a strong polearm like Naval Glaive or Dragon Halberd would the Marauder be the better choice imo.

But I think that's it's also VERY important which playing style you like more. Do you like the direct confrontation with the Nords and the melee fights? Do you prefer the semi-distance style and kiting( :Smile)?

Re: Master Peltast vs Marauder - TheGrayDragon - 31-05-2015

I don't have any good throwing or polearm XD

I think marauder is the way to go

Re: Master Peltast vs Marauder - DR. - 31-05-2015

Master Peltast VS Marauder
Well i can do this as i have both Tongue

Master Peltast- All you need is Cts and armor so low cost

Marauder- I would say don't pick unless you have a sun pike or grater 

And using both Mp is better at using polearms more than Marauder at Throwing

Gosh, now I hear master peltast from two reliable sources.....this makes it hard XD
I'm 4 bronze arrowheads away from cts, and then I just gotta sell some mats for hero.  Best polearm I have is a German poleaxe atm.  I'll have to think about it now, but am leaning to MP if the polearm increase is pretty null.

Re: Master Peltast vs Marauder - Monstersti - 31-05-2015

MP is better, this is coming from someone who swears by marauder btw Tongue

Re: Master Peltast vs Marauder - Bobo - 31-05-2015

I've been playing MP for a long time and it's great, probably most powerful all-around char in game. Being best thrower provides massive firepower against any target while being the fastest is able to gain distance to almost any enemy. Melee ability is pretty good so MP is not a bad slasher, too. Like Woody said hitting the point perfectly: all you need for MP is CTS and you're strong, the most expensive armour that you really need cost 1m (Pikeman's Heave Plated Vest), a real good polearm costs ca. 500k (Snakes) so it goes really cheap. In case you put your hands on Dragon Breath you become death incarnation. And Woody is right again: MP advantage in throwing over Marauder is significant: better aim, speed & damage.

On the other hand, Marauder is the best slasher char in game. Same stats as Zwei (power strike and skill) but with access to longer and cheaper weapons (comparing damage made pike vs 2H). Throwing ability pretty nice, too, though not a match for MP here. While not slashing, Marauder is pretty capable of throw-and-run tactics mastered by peltasts, too.

Both are really good, so I'd say it's down to the play style you prefer: if you enjoy playing ranged go MP, if you find close combat is more of your liking, go Marauder.

*glances around to make sure devs aren't paying attention*
Well, I do like kiting as pike, so I think peltast is best if they are still good at polearms.

Re: Master Peltast vs Marauder - Non-Political Proton - 31-05-2015

(30-05-2015, 10:05 PM)Non-Political Proton link Wrote: Pick Halberdier, and become a tank