NordInvasion Forum
The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Community Projects (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+---- Thread: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread (/showthread.php?tid=43723)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Re: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - ON_Glenn - 13-02-2016

(13-02-2016, 10:00 PM)Sharmastyle link Wrote: [quote author=ON_Glenn link=topic=47440.msg259484#msg259484 date=1455400240]
[quote author=Ribbed link=topic=47440.msg259483#msg259483 date=1455400146]
[quote author=Winter link=topic=47440.msg259479#msg259479 date=1455399221]
Red 1h Weapons:

Halogi's Torch - best blunt mace
Dreaded War Pick - best pick
Fell Edge - best 1h axe
Fang of Fenrir - best general 1h scimitar
Illustrious - best 1h hero (all 3)
Ragnar's Wrath - best Legionnaire 1h speed
Swadia's Wrath - best Legionnaire 1h damage
Rebellion - best Aventurier 1h
Steel Stinger - best Sentinel 1h

I see no issue with labeling here.  One best for each weapon type as intended.  The only weapon that is in a questionable spot is the Illustrious, but there are plans for that.

Dragon axe - best 1h short axe
needs to be red asap
[/quote]

Meh. Not the best axe though.
[/quote]

Yeah but it's usable on multiple classes...plus it's the only "short axe"
[/quote]

Not worth it too make a dragon axe red for me. Not going to start a argument about this. I agree with winter thats it.

+ The behaviour is kind of childish.

Re: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Ribbed - 13-02-2016

(13-02-2016, 10:17 PM)ON_Glenn link Wrote: [quote author=Sharmastyle link=topic=47440.msg259486#msg259486 date=1455400844]
[quote author=ON_Glenn link=topic=47440.msg259484#msg259484 date=1455400240]
[quote author=Ribbed link=topic=47440.msg259483#msg259483 date=1455400146]
[quote author=Winter link=topic=47440.msg259479#msg259479 date=1455399221]
Red 1h Weapons:

Halogi's Torch - best blunt mace
Dreaded War Pick - best pick
Fell Edge - best 1h axe
Fang of Fenrir - best general 1h scimitar
Illustrious - best 1h hero (all 3)
Ragnar's Wrath - best Legionnaire 1h speed
Swadia's Wrath - best Legionnaire 1h damage
Rebellion - best Aventurier 1h
Steel Stinger - best Sentinel 1h

I see no issue with labeling here.  One best for each weapon type as intended.  The only weapon that is in a questionable spot is the Illustrious, but there are plans for that.

Dragon axe - best 1h short axe
needs to be red asap
[/quote]

Meh. Not the best axe though.
[/quote]

Yeah but it's usable on multiple classes...plus it's the only "short axe"
[/quote]

Not worth it too make a dragon axe red for me. Not going to start a argument about this. I agree with winter thats it.
[/quote]

sar·casm
noun
the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

Either way yeah its colors who cares, I just know stats shouldn't be changed to coincide with the colors because everything is red anyways.

Re: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Kriegstofu - 18-02-2016

peasant tunic (craftable) archer lvl 1 is 20body 10 leg (same as marketplace armor should be better?)
while leather armor for all first tier is 18 8 (only 1 leg more than recruit armor) and gambeson 15 10 even 3 body armor worse than recruit armor.

i think this should be fixed

Re: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Kriegstofu - 25-02-2016

currently both pavise and aventurier got 7 powerstrike. aventurier is melee based hero and should have 1 PS more than pavise

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - DR. - 28-03-2016

Was talking to some people how Ek vs Ab it a bit weird how there placed being almost the same. 

I was thinking Aurora Blade should be faster to make use of the "Bastard" This is not needed badly but what the point if there almost the same.

Like how the Worm Bane got a change from (Worm Bane +4spd -3c)

Old Aurora Blade
101 speed 
62c 

New Aurora Blade
105 speed
59c

And talking about Ek still not sure why it only 40p the fact that it Red for being best 2h for Sniper yet Ab has 44p Elegant Greatsword 46p Elegant Flamberge 44p.

Eastern Katana it may not be a weapon made for stabbing yet weapons like In/justice have 42p even the model looks like it would do more than most. 

New Eastern Katana
103 speed 
61c
44-47p

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - Winter - 28-03-2016

(28-03-2016, 01:37 PM)Woody Wrote: Was talking to some people how Ek vs Ab it a bit weird how there placed being almost the same. 

I was thinking Aurora Blade should be faster to make use of the "Bastard" This is not needed badly but what the point if there almost the same.

Old Aurora Blade
101 speed 
62c 

New Aurora Blade
105 speed
59c

And talking about Ek still not sure why it only 40p the fact that it Red for being best 2h for Sniper yet Ab has 44p Elegant Greatsword 46p Elegant Flamberge 44p.

Eastern Katana it may not be a weapon made for stabbing yet weapons like In/justice have 42p even the model looks like it would do more than most. 

New Eastern Katana
103 speed 
61c
44-47p

That may happen for the Aurora, but it is a bit large to be a weapon with that kind of speed behind it.  I will wait for more opinions on that.

Katanas are supposed to be slashy slashy, not stabby stabby D: (I honestly don't see a few pierce on a cut damage slashing weapon mattering all that much)

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - keru_90 - 29-03-2016

(28-03-2016, 06:40 PM)Winter Wrote:
(28-03-2016, 01:37 PM)Woody Wrote: Was talking to some people how Ek vs Ab it a bit weird how there placed being almost the same. 

Old Aurora Blade
101 speed 
62c 

New Aurora Blade
105 speed
59c

New Eastern Katana
103 speed 
61c
44-47p

That may happen for the Aurora, but it is a bit large to be a weapon with that kind of speed behind it.  I will wait for more opinions on that.

Katanas are supposed to be slashy slashy, not stabby stabby D:  (I honestly don't see a few pierce on a cut damage slashing weapon mattering all that much)

It's true that katanas are in general poor at stabbing, but that is due to the curvature of the blade. If we want to be really picky about it the eastern katana has a straight blade and that desing should be effective even on thrusts. Anyways, in NI no one uses stab attacks on a 2h sword, so in terms of gameplay the matter is pretty irrelevant and the buff suggested would mean nothing

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - DR. - 29-03-2016

(29-03-2016, 12:10 AM)keru_90 Wrote:

Old Aurora Blade
101 speed 
62c 

New Aurora Blade
105 speed
59c

New Eastern Katana
103 speed 
61c
44-47p

Katanas are supposed to be slashy slashy, not stabby stabby D:  (I honestly don't see a few pierce on a cut damage slashing weapon mattering all that much)

It's true that katanas are in general poor at stabbing, but that is due to the curvature of the blade. If we want to be really picky about it the eastern katana has a straight blade and that desing should be effective even on thrusts. Anyways, in NI no one uses stab attacks on a 2h sword, so in terms of gameplay the matter is pretty irrelevant and the buff suggested would mean nothing
Was thinking about other 2hs then Strange Great Sword came to mind it more of a Katana model and it dose not even have a stab. 
If it that much of a problem having more than 40p then maybe not even having the option would be good. 

New Eastern Katana
103-105 speed 
61-63c
no stab 

What your thoughts ? Think it works as then it not the same as Ab

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - McKiller99 - 29-03-2016

(29-03-2016, 02:22 AM)Woody Wrote:
(29-03-2016, 12:10 AM)keru_90 Wrote:

Old Aurora Blade
101 speed 
62c 

New Aurora Blade
105 speed
59c

New Eastern Katana
103 speed 
61c
44-47p

Was thinking about other 2hs then Strange Great Sword came to mind it more of a Katana model and it dose not even have a stab. 
If it that much of a problem having more than 40p then maybe not even having the option would be good. 

New Eastern Katana
103-105 speed 
61-63c
no stab 

What your thoughts ? Think it works as then it not the same as Ab

I think without stabbing 105 speed and about 62c would be decent.

RE: The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread - keru_90 - 29-03-2016

Ok, real talk, no ramblings about real katanas. I think EK deserves a buff, stabbing damage is irrelevant, you might as well change it to a slash-only weapon. A damge/speed buff as McKiller99 suggested would be welcome, especially considering that right now AB is a better slashing weapon for zweis compared to EK, but costing much less (AB is currently sold for 6-8M and EK around 20M if i'm not mistaken). Looking at other bastard swords in the game and how their stats and prices are in comparison to similar 2h swords, i really think AB is overpowered: bastards like apsods or tempered steel bastard are worth around 2M, and have the same damage as swadian greatsword or steel crusader greatsword that price around 400k. It really bugs me that a bastard like AB is worth less gold and performs better than the 2h EK, since they are both legendaries and thus considered of the same tier. Give AB the wormbane treatment and small buffs to the EK, that's my suggestion if you want to keep a consistent balance between bastard swords ans 2h swords, and aurora would still be the best bastard in the game, slightly above justice/injustice (of course this is just my opinion, devs have their own picture of the game balance and i'll respect it).

Has aurora been overbuffed? Does EK deserve a better spot in the roster of slashing weapons? I'd like to hear other opinions on the matter, feel free to disagree