NordInvasion Forum
The Infantry Problem 2 - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Community Discussion & Engagement (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: The Infantry Problem 2 (/showthread.php?tid=63719)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: The Infantry Problem - TerrorBite - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 02:17 AM)Sir Baron Wrote: And there is never a problem with ranged having no peeking spots?
Also If you get a run with 2-3 shields you can use 4 slashers at least
Infantry is not used you have said so it needs a buff
But you just said it is used
So what is wrong with it?????

imagine this: cades didnt exist, inf had 0 armour, 0 power strike, and 0 ath. 
They'd have to be used a lot to get far for shielding only, but they'd also be horrible to use. Just because they'd be used a lot doesn't mean much regarding player experience.

RE: The Infantry Problem - Malong - 03-12-2017

(30-11-2017, 01:34 PM)Winter Wrote: If you want to make fun of people, please be tasteful and clever like Malong.

Those repeated instances of making fun of the guy who told us he had Parkinson's was the pinnacle of good taste and cleverness.

"Throw in your laundry."

RE: The Infantry Problem - Winter - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 06:47 AM)Malong Wrote:
(30-11-2017, 01:34 PM)Winter Wrote: If you want to make fun of people, please be tasteful and clever like Malong.

Those repeated instances of making fun of the guy who told us he had Parkinson's was the pinnacle of good taste and cleverness.

"Throw in your laundry."

Hmmm... Point taken, I submit. You can be tasteful and clever when you want to, though, especially on the forum.

RE: The Infantry Problem 2 - oracolus - 03-12-2017

The poll choices do depend on the individual rather than on a generalization of the infantry group. Some people may have better gear or different experiences than others.

Just keep that in mind.

RE: The Infantry Problem 2 - Bobo - 03-12-2017

True that.
What also came to my mind, perhaps infantry is being used much less these days not for the reason it can't be effective but simply because ranged classes are much easier to play in he safety of the behind walls spots. And obviously because with walling off tactics there's little to do for infantry until the majority of enemies are being eliminated, no shielders needed, no spots for slashers. I'm not sure if making infantry stronger can change this, it will never be strong enough to stay outside in the open field when all them screaming Nords are approaching in mass.

Another thing may be that new players can see mostly ranged classes in game, so they fallow the majority creating and upgrading ranged classes first. I see little lower tiers infantry in game, if there are some it's mostly veteran players with top gear.

(03-12-2017, 08:28 AM)Bobo Wrote: "What also came to my mind, perhaps infantry is being used much less these days not for the reason it can't be effective but simply because ranged classes are much easier to play in he safety of te behind walls spots. And obviously because with walling off tactics there's little to do for infantry until the majority of enemies are being eliminated, no shielders needed, no spots for slashers. I'm not sure if making infantry stronger can change this, it will never be strong enough to stay outside in the open field when all them screaming Nords are approaching in mass"

I completely agree on that, why bother with swords and Close combat when you have the leisure of bombarding the enemy from a safe distance?
Not to sound judgemental but it makes me wonder what kind of experiences the admins have in this game, whats their thoughts on this whole affair?

I am not well-versed Tech wise to say what needs to be done but its either a change of barricade design or a improvement of the infantry class.
Cant we just replace the wall cade with that one cade that already has a hole in it? (Cant find a wiki for cade information so i take some creative Liberty)

Was playing the other day and entered this game, the entire team was Archer class and they just smashed all opposition, making it difficult to do anything. I am not even joking:

RE: The Infantry Problem 2 - Jalau - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 08:47 AM)oracolus Wrote:
(03-12-2017, 08:28 AM)Bobo Wrote: "What also came to my mind, perhaps infantry is being used much less these days not for the reason it can't be effective but simply because ranged classes are much easier to play in he safety of te behind walls spots. And obviously because with walling off tactics there's little to do for infantry until the majority of enemies are being eliminated, no shielders needed, no spots for slashers. I'm not sure if making infantry stronger can change this, it will never be strong enough to stay outside in the open field when all them screaming Nords are approaching in mass"

I completely agree on that, why bother with swords and Close combat when you have the leisure of bombarding the enemy from a safe distance?
Not to sound judgemental but it makes me wonder what kind of experiences the admins have in this game, whats their thoughts on this whole affair?

I am not well-versed Tech wise to say what needs to be done but its either a change of barricade design or a improvement of the infantry class.
Cant we just replace the wall cade with that one cade that already has a hole in it? (Cant find a wiki for cade information so i take some creative Liberty)

Was playing the other day and entered this game, the entire team was Archer class and they just smashed all opposition, making it difficult to do anything. I am not even joking:

Well I find me more safe when I am inf than ranged. Because you have a shield and most of the time the ranged classes are the ones that get killed when peeking. As a rg you are pretty safe and you will be tomed in with a near 100% chance. And in that screenshot your team was using ailadrodd. You always need to distinguish between a weak team soloing purely ranged or a high end team. You can't nerf ranged classes that much just to prevent high end weaponry from killing enemies. It would make them unplayable.

(03-12-2017, 10:36 AM)Jalau Wrote:

Well I find me more safe when I am inf than ranged. Because you have a shield and most of the time the ranged classes are the ones that get killed when peeking. As a rg you are pretty safe and you will be tomed in with a near 100% chance. And in that screenshot your team was using ailadrodd. You always need to distinguish between a weak team soloing purely ranged or a high end team. You can't nerf ranged classes that much just to prevent high end weaponry from killing enemies. It would make them unplayable.

It is still an issue. True that my run had late game weaponry. Still, how would you expect a fresh to mid tier infantry to compete with that?
If the situation is without late game weaponry, the infantry will still find him/herself out performed.

RE: The Infantry Problem 2 - Jalau - 03-12-2017

(03-12-2017, 11:39 AM)oracolus Wrote:
(03-12-2017, 10:36 AM)Jalau Wrote:

It is still an issue. True that my run had late game weaponry. Still, how would you expect a fresh to mid tier infantry to compete with that?
If the situation is without late game weaponry, the infantry will still find him/herself out performed.

That is true. But the question is how to fix this? Ranged will always have an advantage when it comes to kiting and such.

RE: The Infantry Problem 2 - Sir Baron - 03-12-2017

Limit Wall cades to 2 so you can't really spam them at all

Terror the only one so far to try bringing any reason not to has yet to try to deny that Wall runs are bad for NI

Also Terror try replying to me and not spouting out nonsense
What you are saying means nothing
And has no response to what I said

And lastly several who I have talked to in TS say Infantry is the funnest of all the classes