NordInvasion Forum
Swadian New Year Tournament - Printable Version

+- NordInvasion Forum (https://forum.nordinvasion.com)
+-- Forum: News (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Official Events (https://forum.nordinvasion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Swadian New Year Tournament (/showthread.php?tid=64016)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Swadian New Year Tournament - Winter - 02-01-2018

I have completed setting up the brackets. Each list of participants was randomized using two different websites to ensure a fair tournament. Due to the volume of applicants, the tournament will now use a single elimination system with best of five matches. First place will receive three points, second place two, and the two runner ups each receive one. Any brackets that are still unable to finish during their scheduled time slots will continue on Sunday after the scheduled brackets as explained in the first post.

In order to save time, failure to be on the server when your name is called for your match will immediately be counted as a loss. I have zero patience for people that don't want to wait through other people's matches, but want everyone to wait for them to get to theirs.

Please make sure that the name of the character you are using clearly reflects the account name you registered with. I do not want to spend any time hunting people down.

I will briefly go over the rules for each tournament category at the beginning of that category. Make sure you are in Teamspeak to hear this and any other announcements. Spectators are welcome on the server, but any killing taking place outside of the arena will result in an immediate disqualification and ban.

The brackets have been updated in the OP. Please review them to make sure you are registered for the correct brackets. If there is a problem, please PM me and I will fix it asap.

RE: Swadian New Year Tournament - Orgarth - 04-01-2018

Very sorry, but something has come up last minute and I won't be able to attend. Hope you all have fun. Guess i'll have to find another way to get legendary aketon.

RE: Swadian New Year Tournament - Best Villain - 05-01-2018

Account Name: Villain
Categories: All of em NA and EU

p.s. i hope that not to late Big Grin

RE: Swadian New Year Tournament - Krex - 05-01-2018

Guess you could take the spot of the guy that dropped out if there isn't already a waiting list and the admin team is fine with it.

RE: Swadian New Year Tournament - DR. - 05-01-2018

Can we get a countdown"s for the events plz?

https://pending.me.uk/create-anonymous-countdown

RE: Swadian New Year Tournament - Lone_Wolf_PL - 05-01-2018

EVENT COUNTDOWNS

RE: Swadian New Year Tournament - Winter - 05-01-2018

Always nice when I wake up and people have done helpful things while I was sleeping. Thank you Big Grin

OP updated. Everyone please make sure you are in TS at the exact time specified so I only have to go over the rules once. Failure to comply with the rules may result in disqualification and, in previously specified cases, a ban.

RE: Swadian New Year Tournament - Rezev - 05-01-2018

I won't be able to attend, I have to go work overtime.
As I said it was 50/50 Smile

Sorry for sayin about it 5 mins b4 event, but I just got call and life is brutal.

RE: Swadian New Year Tournament - glaive - 05-01-2018

Timing is a bit hard for NAs to show up so early cause of work and stuff :P, na tournament is going to be all the EUs who are still awake. If the EU brackets were going to start at night for Europeans, the NA brackets should have started at least 7 or 8 est like NA events start normally so that NA people could actually play in them and not just EUs playing on an NA server. IMO, just a thought

RE: Swadian New Year Tournament - Winter - 06-01-2018

(05-01-2018, 08:43 PM)glaive Wrote: Timing is a bit hard for NAs to show up so early cause of work and stuff Tongue, na tournament is going to be all the EUs who are still awake. If the EU brackets were going to start at night for Europeans, the NA brackets should have started at least 7 or 8 est like NA events start normally so that NA people could actually play in them and not just EUs playing on an NA server. IMO, just a thought

Thank you for your input.  In the future the times may be different, but this seemed to be the time most people would be able to join in general, and availability of people able to run the tournament during those times was limited.

The Friday brackets have concluded. Some slight changes were made throughout the tournament as this was the first one in a long time and adjustments were necessary. EU Throwing will take place on Saturday rather than Friday if time permits. If not, it will be hosted on Sunday. Thank you to everyone who bore with me through the tournament, and a big thank you to everyone who helped out. It was a lot of fun, and I am looking forward to the melee brackets taking place tomorrow.

The victors of the tournaments are as follows: EU Bow - Angar, EU Crossbow - Alphaa, NA Bow - sebboh, NA Crossbow - Alphaa, NA Throwing - Angar
Special mentions for second place: EU Bow - Daedra, EU Crossbow - Shark_Rider, NA Bow - Stockfisch, NA Crossbow - Lone_Wolf, NA Throwing - sebboh

The OP will be updated with the points leaderboard shortly.

As a side note, there was a lot of lenience during the first few hours of the tournament towards rule breakers in the audience. I had too much to take care of and tools were not functioning as they should. This will not be the case tomorrow. You have all been warned.