Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Introducing Account Names
Hello everyone,

Until now, your username has been one of your character names. Going forward, the username will be your account name.

Account names are being rolled out in stages starting with the oldest accounts created in 2011 which will have their chance first starting March 1st.  Two weeks after that, accounts created in 2012 will be able to set account names and so on.  This will wrap up with accounts created in 2017 and brand new accounts being registered for the first time.

Each group of accounts will have one week in which an account name can be set or the decision can be put off until later.  After that week, choosing an account name will be required to do anything on the website.  In other words, starting on March 8th, accounts created in 2011 must choose an account name with no option to put it off.  Accounts created in 2012 will lose the skip option on March 22nd and so on.

Each account name must be unique. The first time you set your account name, there is no fee. After that, renaming costs 5,000 gold.  The same restrictions and rules that apply to character names also apply to account names.

If someone has already chosen a name which obviously should be yours, you can file a request through the website to have that name assigned to you. This option is only available before you have set your account name for the first time.  After the request is made, you can choose an account name to serve you temporarily and as a backup in the event the request is denied. Please do not post requests on the forum.

Once your account name has been set, you will be unable to log into your account using one of your character names.  Instead, please use your new account name.

Besides serving as a username for signing in, your account name will eventually be used to identify you to other people on the website so choose wisely!

- Kip and the NI Team
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
Please explain, can we still use the same username/account name as a characters name if we wish. And are we going to have to fight with others over character names, I have a few for rp reasons.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

Character names will not be changing at all. This is a new naming system which is only for the website. The account name can be the same as one of your character names or it can be entirely different.
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
Pretty much, it saves people from having to type in house tags so I would just login as Rowan rather than [WoS]_Rowan
Legendary Loots:
Zephyr - 14/6/2016

(28-02-2017, 11:26 PM)Looter Wrote: And are we going to have to fight with others over character names, I have a few for rp reasons.

If it comes down to it, I can host duels to the death to settle disputes.
(01-03-2017, 12:33 AM)Winter Wrote:
(28-02-2017, 11:26 PM)Looter Wrote: And are we going to have to fight with others over character names, I have a few for rp reasons.

If it comes down to it, I can host duels to the death to settle disputes.

I like where this is going. *grabs pop corn*

- LordChaos (Legionnaire):  Armorsmith
- Kingsguard (Royal Guard):Blacksmith
- Swadian_Hunter (Archer) Jobless
- The_Impaler (Pikeman): Achemist 
- House Crafting: Defender 

01/04/16: Nothing
So were getting closer to account wide quests?
(01-03-2017, 07:00 AM)Kaasovic Wrote: So were getting closer to account wide quests?

And so much more!
Yay joy!
Maybe one inventory for account :o
Hey ; - )

[Image: Geralt]