Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Would Halberdiers get stuff at marketplace ?
(19-05-2017, 05:30 AM)PioPio Wrote: You have to understand that Warden and CM are hardly focused on shooting, not running out and fighting bots. Sure you can do that, but you'll probably die. Pikeman hero's are meant to be universal, you get to go ranged and melee and be good at it. In my opinion MP stats shouldn't be changed, nor Halbardier stats. MPs don't go for slashing as frequently as the other 2 heroes, they prefer throwing, as it is their role.
Outside of normal(or even there) any class has a high chance to die after some fighting with bots.
Currently in the game, if master peltast is going outside barricades to fight mobs it's turning in running away and throwing. He does not need to be good at melee(considering that difference between 6 and 7 power strike makes anyone good at melee).
While pikeman meant to be universal, choosing hero clarifies the gameplay style.
Decreasing power strike by 1 point wouldn't mean that choosing Master Peltast your melee damage will be same as Pikeman, while choosing other three heroes would mean that your throwing ability is the same as Pikeman has.

Yet there will be people which will slash even as t4 archer... with polearm...
Minimum power strike of 7 for the Pikeman heroes.
1x Tears of Hvergelmir.
(19-05-2017, 06:08 AM)Slugbath Wrote: Minimum power strike of 7 for the Pikeman heroes.

You have my upvote
Hey ; - )

[Image: Geralt]
(18-05-2017, 11:50 PM)Narvad Wrote:
(18-05-2017, 11:38 PM)Soviet Wrote: My point still stands, it makes complete sense. MP is about as much of a ranged centered class as Legionnaire is.
Leggionaire is not range-centered class. He has armor. He has shield skill. He has increased one-handed proficiency. In fact an upgraded commando with ability to throw.

(18-05-2017, 11:38 PM)Soviet Wrote: I mean, it even gets more power strike than it does power throw, so it's clearly not a ranged class.
That's the point why it should be nerfed a bit. Because it's already strong at ranged, and it has decent melee ability, on par with Pavise Champion.

(18-05-2017, 11:38 PM)Soviet Wrote: But sure, take away the thing that makes MP so desirable: its versatility.
Why not? Maybe more people will consider playing as halberdier/marauder/hoplite(which i'm preety sure will not happen, atleast in large quantities(apart from the hype of new class)).

(18-05-2017, 11:49 PM)ღκpŎζΊĢõɲθǮ*ღ Wrote: Warden and CM have an advantage in the cavalry mode in front of the pikemans.
That was before hoplite was introduced. Now we'll see. :]
You misinterpreted the first quote, and the second one is irrelevant once we've established that MP is not primarily a ranged class.

I didn't say Legionnaire is a ranged-centered class, I used it as a simile.
"[Master Peltast] is not range-centered class. He has armor. He has [power strike] skill. He has increased [polearm] proficiency. In fact an upgraded [pikeman] with ability to throw [better]."
See how that works?
(19-05-2017, 01:16 PM)Soviet Wrote: You misinterpreted the first quote, and the second one is irrelevant once we've established that MP is not primarily a ranged class.

I didn't say Legionnaire is a ranged-centered class, I used it as a simile.
"[Master Peltast] is not range-centered class. He has armor. He has [power strike] skill. He has increased [polearm] proficiency. In fact an upgraded [pikeman] with ability to throw [better]."
See how that works?
That simile isn't correct. It's your opinion that "MP is about as much of a ranged centered class as Legionnaire is." and i did not agreed with that.
Also look how i can:
"[Chosen Marksman] is not range-centered class. He has armor. He has [power strike] skill. He has increased [one-handed] proficiency. In fact an upgraded [sharpshooter] with ability to shoot [better]."

(19-05-2017, 07:21 AM)PioPio Wrote:
(19-05-2017, 06:08 AM)Slugbath Wrote: Minimum power strike of 7 for the Pikeman heroes.
You have my upvote
That's pretty reasonable.

It looks more like you know that MP is overpowered, you enjoying playing it and don't want to change anything.
And i don't really see what other arguments do you need. In fact, if my assumption from above is correct, there's no point in arguing any more(or even wasn't needed), and seems like nothing is going to be changed anyway. There's a lot of unbalanced things going in this mod for years. People just used to it, like the creator of this thread is used to legendary helmet which cost like personal crafted item and gave most possible armor for the class. Actually, what else could attract attention of the player to this class, while on other hand you can get "versatile" jack of all trades, master of throwing.

With regards.
There is no overpowered class in this game,only some hero classes which could need a small upgrade.
It makes also no sence that you want to get a downgrade of the power strike from a PIKEman hero. The word says in this case everything ,sure the Master Peltast is the best thrower but you need to decide do you want to have the best throwing --> choose the MP; you want to have the best melee stats --> choose the Marauder; you want better armor --> choose the Halb. Its easy all of the old Pikeman Heros have their own role just the Hoplite doesn't really have one in my opinion.
Thunder Pike  ~ 11.08.2016
Onyx Bolts      ~ 03.09.2016
Phoenix Shield ~ 09.07.2019
Excalibur         ~ 15.07.2019
Steam: Horror    
(18-05-2017, 10:16 PM)JustEvil Wrote: You do realise your old helmet got buffed, and you can sell it for cash or other skirm helms

Well,  it has far better stats atm ... but I'm not really sure I'll manage to find someone to trade that "400k legendary" for a Thanos Legacy (maybe someone will accept if I give extra nem flowers ... Big Grin)

Also, I said that there were some unbalanced things about MP/Halb heroes ... I was thinking about having at least 200 in polearms, and maybe being better with 1 handed weapons ... (to match the shield skill increase)
About some Hoplite shields that would be usable by Halberdiers ... I think It'd be something really nice, at least for cav mode (it would be better than the knightly kite shield).

About the marketplace thing, I was just thinking about getting some good looking non-craftable helm/armor (~40 armor) to look like a "real" defender of Swadia. (by "real" I mean I didn't know about oriental halberdiers Big Grin)
Crafted helmets doesn't cost that much ... but I don't know any which looks good with hospitaller mail ...

Anyway ... If I manage to get something that looks good on my character ... I'm going to play this again ... but atm, I'm quite poor ... I only have 1,5m and no (good looking) usable helmet  Sad ...
Make a thread WTT Griffon > Thanos Legacy. I'm sure you have a decent chance of someone willing to do the trade

But yeah, halb was my 2nd hero I feel ur pain
08/15/16 - White Dragon Helmet
08/25/16 - Dragon Axe
10/2/16 - Ornate Crusader Helmet
11/6/16 - Gothic Salet
12/1/16 - Wulfsbane
1/8/17 - Ornate Bascinet
11/19/17 - Legacy
So how i see all the pike heros / What they should be to players atm.

Mara polearm | Mp throw | Halb armor | Hop shield/1h polearm

so

1st So why does hop have 8 Power strike? It is the same as mara?

2nd Pike for cav is not the best but so far i'm 99% sure the new pikes for hop can be use on cav... (with 55p..) Yet pok, mangler etc can't be use... k.

3th Once again why dose sunpike have 2 modes? Mangler,Dh and some others are about the same size and looks like sunpike other than navel would have about the most weight irl. Add the fact that the mara polarm (mangler) the class for polearm is about the same size.. ? btw it can be used on cav as of this mode...

4th Maybe it a time to change halb a bit to all armor stats rather than having were it does not matter like.. (May as well do ranger as well if this happens?)

Halb
Polearm: 185 (-5)
Shield: 6 (-1)

Ranger
Shield: 2 (-4)

+ 2 armor ish for all halb armor (body, head, etc) then 1 ish for ranger etc

So other than that pikeman in a good place in my mind atm.
(19-05-2017, 02:10 PM)Narvad Wrote: It looks more like you know that MP is overpowered, you enjoying playing it and don't want to change anything.

It is funny how often Soviet is accused of conspiracies.