Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Idea for more fun on long term play
I won't return and I'm sure others won't too even if there would be legendary week or free legendaries.
People just got bored of this mod.
[Image: Td5KxhO.gif]
By me :3
(17-08-2017, 07:22 AM).Rezev Wrote: I won't return and I'm sure others won't too even if there would be legendary week or free legendaries.
We all know or seen someone come back to the mod. Although, I do agree that a huge proportion of those who left won't come back since, lets face it, when you have basically have everything on most classes, it's hard to play more than 5 minutes. You need somewhat of a goal when all your friends have left. That being said, I still see some people, fully equipped, join for a few games.

The post doesn't necessarily target them, but more the one who are actively playing and enjoy the mod until Bannerlord or whatever.
(17-08-2017, 10:18 AM)jpdesjardins Wrote:
(17-08-2017, 07:22 AM).Rezev Wrote: I won't return and I'm sure others won't too even if there would be legendary week or free legendaries.
We all know or seen someone come back to the mod. Although, I do agree that a huge proportion of those who left won't come back since, lets face it, when you have basically have everything on most classes, it's hard to play more than 5 minutes. You need somewhat of a goal when all your friends have left. That being said, I still see some people, fully equipped, join for a few games.

The post doesn't necessarily target them, but more the one who are actively playing and enjoy the mod until Bannerlord or whatever.

Probz not all there gear or they have put cash into the mod.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(17-08-2017, 11:55 AM)Woody Wrote:
(17-08-2017, 10:18 AM)jpdesjardins Wrote:

Probz not all there gear or they have put cash into the mod.

It's possible, everyone has their own purpose (cash or whatever). I replied to Rezev since the point being, people that are playing must have a reason and that's why there's no reason to throw the towel if I may say.
(06-08-2017, 08:58 PM)jpdesjardins Wrote: Hello everyone,

As it stands, the mod is in its old days and the population has drastically decreased over the year since some have overplayed, the coming of Bannerlord etc. On top of that, when we have a game with 12-16 players, you can be sure the next one game 2/3 of that will leave for X reason.

My concern is even though this game is based on long term farming, the mod doesn’t have the population to sustain an acceptable economy. The prices on the AH are ridiculously high and the perfect example for this are the hardened metal which were 4,5k gold in the past and have now doubled that. Same story with bent sword which were like 500 gold max not long ago and now don’t be surprised if you see them at 1k gold.

You can see me coming, I’m not asking for higher drop rate for legendary or some sick ass weapon/armor drop, I’m asking for less randomness and higher drop rate for the shitty loot (pardon me, had to).

Indeed, it will on the other hand be easier to lvl your profession, but is it really the concern since there’s barely any full game going on. It is harder to farm and to find someone to craft your object of concern.
I’m not asking for some drop rate that will kill the economy within the next month but something better. Thank you and sorry for the grammatical error since blah blah I speak French.

Moustafar
100% agreed. People who aren't paying for their legendaries or who aren't older players can't get gear now without modified drop rates for mats. Essentially the entire AH and mats are at a stalemate freezing up the market. Even older players just trying to craft smaller things can't do anything. Quite frustrating. This is one of the biggest things plaguing the mod right now for the few left playing.
MP - Warden - Sentinel - Zwei - Legio - RG

Steam  Legendaries

Feel free to add on steam for trades.
I´d still be playing if kiting still was a thing. Not like it was back in the day necessarily, but so you can even get far with more players on the team since you can´t avoid other players joining you to get carried, to annoy you or whatever. And to be honest I´ve never bought anything off the AH in my entire career, never sold anything there.
(18-08-2017, 05:17 AM)Sharmastyle Wrote:

As it stands, the mod is in its old days and the population has drastically decreased over the year since some have overplayed, the coming of Bannerlord etc. On top of that, when we have a game with 12-16 players, you can be sure the next one game 2/3 of that will leave for X reason.

My concern is even though this game is based on long term farming, the mod doesn’t have the population to sustain an acceptable economy. The prices on the AH are ridiculously high and the perfect example for this are the hardened metal which were 4,5k gold in the past and have now doubled that. Same story with bent sword which were like 500 gold max not long ago and now don’t be surprised if you see them at 1k gold.

You can see me coming, I’m not asking for higher drop rate for legendary or some sick ass weapon/armor drop, I’m asking for less randomness and higher drop rate for the shitty loot (pardon me, had to).

Indeed, it will on the other hand be easier to lvl your profession, but is it really the concern since there’s barely any full game going on. It is harder to farm and to find someone to craft your object of concern.
I’m not asking for some drop rate that will kill the economy within the next month but something better. Thank you and sorry for the grammatical error since blah blah I speak French.

Moustafar
100% agreed. People who aren't paying for their legendaries or who aren't older players can't get gear now without modified drop rates for mats. Essentially the entire AH and mats are at a stalemate freezing up the market. Even older players just trying to craft smaller things can't do anything. Quite frustrating. This is one of the biggest things plaguing the mod right now for the few left playing.

Wasn't the drop rate being tied to number of players part of the "fair" distribution due to people complaining about the others' rewards when playing in smaller teams? This is an extension of that previous problem, with the issue exacerbated by low population. Increasing those drop rates, even for "shitty loot," seems to be precisely counter to that previous goal. Not that I'm opposed to it, just that it would further show the back-pedaling and hypocrisy of the decisions and direction of the mod.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(18-08-2017, 05:01 PM)Malong Wrote:
(18-08-2017, 05:17 AM)Sharmastyle Wrote:

Moustafar

Wasn't the drop rate being tied to number of players part of the "fair" distribution due to people complaining about the others' rewards when playing in smaller teams? This is an extension of that previous problem, with the issue exacerbated by low population. Increasing those drop rates, even for "shitty loot," seems to be precisely counter to that previous goal. Not that I'm opposed to it, just that it would further show the back-pedaling and hypocrisy of the decisions and direction of the mod.

Is it back-pedaling admitting the situation has changed?

-No events anymore;
-Hardly any full game anymore;
-All the prices have literally doubled on the AH.

These points are intimately related since, if you can’t find a full game, you won’t get much assist experience for gold. Alright, we can counter that by farming the materials all by yourself. But then what? It took me 5 months to build my wall and I saw the constant decrease in the amount of player during that time. Will there be anyone left when I’m done with my next objective? Everything takes more time than before.

I’m not a rocket-scientist in economy, but I’m quite sure that NI has been in recession for a long time now. By increasing the stock on the auction house, the prices will inevitably go down.

This post might seem self-centered so I can get more shit done faster, but it’s not since university starts back soon and I’ll go rogue for another year. Although, I’ve considered making donation a few times, but thing like that have stopped me from doing it. Some might have had the same feeling at some point.
(19-08-2017, 04:37 AM)jpdesjardins Wrote: Is it back-pedaling admitting the situation has changed?

-No events anymore;

These points are intimately related since, if you can’t find a full game, you won’t get much assist experience for gold. Alright, we can counter that by farming the materials all by yourself. But then what? It took me 5 months to build my wall and I saw the constant decrease in the amount of player during that time. Will there be anyone left when I’m done with my next objective? Everything takes more time than before.

Yes, it's still back-pedaling because the principle remains the same. You lead to what is claimed to be a disproportionate amount of items/materials being created and in circulation. Also you don't mention that many of the players that left the community were at the stage of the game where they had no interest in crafting, and those items/materials were, at the time, distributed to the smaller percentage of the population that wanted them. Not the percentage of players that want the materials are higher, but drops are less frequent at an (ideally) linear rate.

Honestly, I don't care if drop rates are increased. But this situation and its problems should have been easily foreseen. But it runs completely counter to the reason that drop rates were nerfed for fewer players. I just like pointing out the hypocrisy.

(19-08-2017, 04:37 AM)jpdesjardins Wrote: I’m not a rocket-scientist in economy, but I’m quite sure that NI has been in recession for a long time now. By increasing the stock on the auction house, the prices will inevitably go down. 

What? A recession means a decreasing GDP for two straight quarters.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(19-08-2017, 04:02 PM)Malong Wrote:
(19-08-2017, 04:37 AM)jpdesjardins Wrote: Is it back-pedaling admitting the situation has changed?

-No events anymore;

Yes, it's still back-pedaling because the principle remains the same. You lead to what is claimed to be a disproportionate amount of items/materials being created and in circulation. Also you don't mention that many of the players that left the community were at the stage of the game where they had no interest in crafting, and those items/materials were, at the time, distributed to the smaller percentage of the population that wanted them. Not the percentage of players that want the materials are higher, but drops are less frequent at an (ideally) linear rate.

Honestly, I don't care if drop rates are increased. But this situation and its problems should have been easily foreseen. But it runs completely counter to the reason that drop rates were nerfed for fewer players. I just like pointing out the hypocrisy.

(19-08-2017, 04:37 AM)jpdesjardins Wrote: I’m not a rocket-scientist in economy, but I’m quite sure that NI has been in recession for a long time now. By increasing the stock on the auction house, the prices will inevitably go down. 

What? A recession means a decreasing GDP for two straight quarters.

You say you’re not opposed yet you bring the feeling of the veteran players who left months ago. Indeed, I didn’t bring the reason why they left since I was not active during that time. I started the thread so things could move on by stating what I believe are facts. I must not be 100% wrong since a few people have agreed so far.

As for the recession thing, I restarted playing 5 months ago and the prices from what I remember had already doubled, so I think it’s a good guess to say they have doubled for a good 8 months and thing didn’t just happen instantly but more over the time.

Furthermore, I’m pretty sure that most people understood what I meant by that but if you insist on the use of the nomenclature. Since the prices for most the materials have literally doubled, you need more cash, but if there’s less player around in the games, you won’t get much gold since the assist experience will be much lower. Therefore, less thing will be bought from the auction house and the amount made will be overall lower. A lower gross domestic product made from auction house.

Yes veteran players can always use their big stock of material, which they actually do. Just for instance, I’ve seen the Nkabank sell Sulphur for 150k gold, but then again, they were around 50k gold back then (no hard feeling against that clan, just implying the rise in price touch everyone).

Call it hypocrisies from them or whatever may please you, but as I said, some have already agreed that there’s a problem related to the drop rate and if the solution isn’t increase the rate, well the thread is open to discussion and I’d like to hear your idea so people can enjoy the game again on the long term, veteran and new players left.