Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Developer Interviews
YuriTheRed: Good day and welcome to ourĀ  developer interview. Nemeth , please introduce yourself.

Nemeth: Hello, I'm Nemeth, I'm 21 and I'm from Czech Republic, currently studying Economy and IT at a university.

YuriTheRed: When did you first started playing NI, and how did you learn about NI's existance?

Nemeth: Hmm, I started playing NI in December 2011 I think. I've been an avid cRPG player prior to that, but got bored and found out about this mod on the forums there. Then it was a just a matter of downloading the mod and trying it out.

YuriTheRed: How did you become NI dev, what was your job in NI dev team?

Nemeth: I started talking to ppl on NI IRC, found out Worm was playing cRPG as well and got into debate with him. After couple of weeks he offered me (or did I force him into it? I don't really remember Smile ) a spot in a development team. At that time I had no idea how are things done in warband code, so I was doing mostly database work, fixing stuff for new players, if they had problems with their accounts. Later on, I've worked on the big class rebalance and was responsible for adding most of the new items to the mod.

YuriTheRed: What did you liked about NI community and what did you disliked?

Nemeth: What I liked is the fact that it was a small, tight community. People were nice to us as developers (mostly anyway Tongue ), they understood that it was a work in progress. The IRC was a nice place to hang out. I don't think I have anything I disliked about the community. There were the bad apples, but not enough of them the spoil the overall feel for me.

YuriTheRed: Did you have any projects after NI, and are you working on something atm?

Nemeth: Nothing at the moment. I'm trying to focus on studies and I already have way too much time spent procrastinating as it is, so I wasn't eager to get into any commitment that woudl require large amounts of work. As most devs at that time could tell you, I wasn't very hard working Smile

YuriTheRed:What message would you sent to NI community? And what message to current Dev team?

Nemeth: I haven't checked NI in a while to be honest. Not much I can say to the community, maybe just to continue to be cool dudes. And to the dev team? I applaud you, for continuing to develop this mod. I never managed to commit to something for as long as they did with NI, so I have the highest respect for them and wish them good luck in the future.
"Deer": i want to go to sleep, but i might wake up and not have a house anymore
"Deer": and CC would have grown
"Deer": i wish people would pay me to do things i dont know how to do
YuriTheRed : Good day and welcome to ourĀ  developer interview. Conqueror WOrm , please introduce yourself.

CoWorm : Well I'm Conqueror_Worm or Coworm to most. I used to be a dev on the NI team early on.

YuriTheRed :When did you first started playing NI, and how did you learn about NI's existance?

CoWorm :I started playing NI at the beginning of December 2011. I used to play cRPG alot, and by alot I mean ALOT. Was hanging out on TS with some friends in the Nordmen clan and someone mentioned a new mod called NI. Gave it a go, mostly for laughs. I was kinda tired of cRPG at that point and got hooked on NI because of the character progression system.

YuriTheRed :How did you become NI dev, what was your job in NI dev team?

CoWorm : When I started playing the game, NI started to really kick off, got a big influx of new players joining in. It was evident that it needed more servers and I have a dedicated server hidden in a secret facility, so I offered Jez some free hosting. Wasn't long before I hosted most of the NI EU servers. I started hanging out on IRC, back in those days when IRC consisted of an average of 5 people, and got to know Jez quite well.
Wasn't long before Jez made me an admin, then a forum moderator. Being one of the few around chatting with Jez I started helping him test new releases. Also being the most annoying bastard nagging about fixes and proper admin tools. After a while it was clear that many players where getting high level and that hard mode was sorely needed. He brought me on as a dev to create and balance hard mode. When hard mode was created, and sort of balanced (was actually damn hard in the beginning, ask the old timers) I asked Jez permission to rebalance weapons and armor that was out of sync with the rest. But I got carried away and more or less rebalanced everything. When Jez became more and more busy with work he kinda ninja made me head admin and I took over full development. Did mainly database work and balance, removed cavalry (Yay!) and implemented most of the barricades and special items ingame.

YuriTheRed : What did you liked about NI community and what did you disliked?

CoWorm : The NI community was always very tight and friendly, and very active on forums and after a while IRC. Got to know alot of the playerbase and enjoyed playing with all of them. Of course you get a few bad apples and as a developer and admin you have to deal with them, could become tedious at times and get alot of abuse from unpleasant community members. But all in all got carried trough it by the rest of the great community

YuriTheRed :Did you have any projects after NI, and are you working on something atm?

CoWorm :After NI I got back to my gaming roots, but still hosting servers for friends. I helped Jez with Champions of Calradia, if anyone even remembers that, mainly by making the automated server creation for every session. Recently I've started to brush up on some development skills that doesn't have to do with servers, learning modelling and sculpting lately. Not working on anything specific, but don't be surprised if you see my name (and/or Jez) on a project sometime in the future.

YuriTheRed : What message would you sent to NI community? And what message to current Dev team?

CoWorm : Because of my absence I haven't got a clue what's happening these days, but I gather that Hyper and his brother is one quite a development roll, so keep up the good work! And Hande, keep pumping out those maps, better then ever. As for the community, be nice and behave! Tongue
"Deer": i want to go to sleep, but i might wake up and not have a house anymore
"Deer": and CC would have grown
"Deer": i wish people would pay me to do things i dont know how to do