Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

NordInvasion Trailer Competition
Dear Nord Invasion Community,

As you may have noticed the current Nord Invasion trailer is a bit defunct and does not demonstrate the current active NI game. Which is why we are calling upon you to show us your filming and movie making skills!

Background
Published on the 5th March 2012 the current Nord Invasion trailer has been viewed 23 thousand times. Due to us making significant changes over the past year it is currently showing out of date armours, horses, items, weapons and maps. Now that 0.5.0 has been released we wanted to have a fresh new start showing off the best of NI in its purest form.

How can I take part?
The volunteers are your first point of contact about anything to do with the trailer contest. Please do not message any one else because your message may not get through to the right person on time. We have 4 dedicated volunteers to help you out with setting up servers and keeping everything running like clockwork.
The following people are your first point of contact:
To take part you need to send one of the volunteers a message showing your interest before Saturday the 23rd of August 2013 this means that you have exactly [countdown=8,23,2013,23,59][/countdown] The volunteers will then put your name on a list of players who have shown their interest, once on that list please do not send another message saying that you would like to join.

Rules
The rules to the contest are:
  • You are required to show us some form of script or filming schedule before you can begin filming on the dedicated servers.
  • When on the dedicated server with extras, they all need to be in a TS channel on filming day with a volunteer in that channel to make sure they are not abusing the server.
  • You must feature all three game modes in the trailer (Normal, Hard and Ragnarok).
  • There must be no evidence of glitching or stuck bots in the video at all.
  • When your slot comes up to start filming you are required to show up at the server ready to go. If you are late we will not push back on other peoples filming time.
  • You cannot ask for legendaries to be given to you for the filming process. This will be too much of a headache for the developers to enforce.
  • The video quality needs to be superb.
  • There needs to be a backing track.
  • Do not use copyrighted music without the authors consent! If your video contains copyrighted music then your entry will be void.

What are we looking for?
  • Show off nord invasion features.
    • Crafting - Talk about House crafting, Armoursmithing, Alchemy & Blacksmith
    • Classes - Show off the 4 different classes and talk about the hero classes
    • Clans & Houses
    • The number of custom maps
  • Teamwork - Show off House Events, Official Events & The House Tournament
  • Talking about the sheer number of custom items in the game - Legendaries included

When can you start filming?
The filming process can begin now.

Whats the deadline?
All finished videos must be in by Friday the 13th of September. The videos can be on a video sharing website, or in raw form. We would prefer for them to be on a video sharing website though.

The winner will be required to provide us with the raw video to put onto the NordInvasion youtube account.

Whats the reward?
Due to the huge amount of effort involved in submitting, winners will receive significant prizes. Please note: Only the person who submitted the video will receive the prize.
  • First Prize receives: a choice of a legendary, any legendary

• Second Prize: Housecraftable of choice below rank 20

• Third Prize: Craftable of choice

• Fourth Prize: Phoenix Feather

Who are the judges?
  • Chris
  • YuriTheRed
  • Hypernoma
  • Senni
  • MrGuarnere

As always good luck!
NordInvasion Trailer Competition 2013 Winners!

1st. PA_Genf Prize Given
2nd. Doctor_Death Prize Given
3rd. ThatsMyBanana Prize Given
3rd. ON_Alex - Prize given
5th.Sinister_Soldier
6th.MrDrumlix
7th.Jack Sparrow

Congratulations to all competitors you have done very well! All the judges were very impressed with the videos.
Chris will contact you all soon with organising your prizes.
Sold my Volundr Great Sword at the 4th of May, 2014.

Steam: Sinister_Soldier
Won't be entering myself, but good luck to the people who will, and if you need someone extra in your video, you can always ask me! Big Grin
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Would enter if I had any idea how to make a good video... Or any general design sense -.-'
Goodluck to all the participants.  8)
[align=center][Image: forum%20small.png]
Nord Invasion - EU Server Host
E-Mail: felix@arcticsgamestudios.co.uk • Steam: Felix9112  • Skype: ArcticServers
Hi

If you wish to query me on something please use the PM or this forum link.

If you contact me via steam in game or TS etc  I will ignore it be warned and advised.

Regards

TIE
Some general questions:
(Which others may also want to know, thats why I ll just post it here.)

- 720p/24fps is sufficient?
- Am I allowed to make use of stuff that is already in the mod but not yet implemented? (Probably just 1 item.)
- Some kind of story-line is alright?
- And lastly, is anyone willing to borrow me his graphics card?  Tongue
Good questions, hopefully I have the right answers.

(27-06-2013, 11:45 AM)-Perception- link Wrote: - 720p/24fps is sufficient?
720p is fine
(27-06-2013, 11:45 AM)-Perception- link Wrote: - Am I allowed to make use of stuff that is already in the mod but not yet implemented? (Probably just 1 item.)
When you say "stuff" do you mean legendaries? If so could you send me a message to check that it will be implemented for the player base?

(27-06-2013, 11:45 AM)-Perception- link Wrote: - Some kind of story-line is alright?
Having a Storyline is completely fine, if you feel like it will portray Nord Invasion in a positive light then go for it!
The wraith armor for instance, and also various other "nords-only" gear, but not equipped on players, if that is what worries you.