Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Client Release 0.3.6 - From Dusk till Dawn
Some old maps may be a bit easier.  But taking away swadian city gate is just mean.  There is no way we can get past wave 4 in hard mode without having a closed off area.  That is unless you have knights running around distracting NPCs.  But how is that any less cheap than an inclosed area?  I swear you guys just release new versions to make the game harder and harder.
(05-03-2012, 11:39 PM)Jay_Nova link Wrote: Some old maps may be a bit easier.  But taking away swadian city gate is just mean.  There is no way we can get past wave 4 in hard mode without having a closed off area.  That is  But how is that any less cheap than an inclosed area?  I swear you guys just release new versions to make the game harder and harder.

no its done to keep the game challenging and not to have people just spamming the same spots all the time like you said
Quote:unless you have knights running around distracting NPCs.

thats incorperating cross class teamwork instead of the same old shielders stand there or over head spam and then archers behind them this change will create new tactics to be used and better stratergies to be created using all three of the classes individual skills
COURAGE: do one brave thing then run like hell

Long Live The Order Of The Scarlet Blade's
PK_Friewulf_shielder

Quote:unless you have knights running around distracting NPCs.

Or more likely, unless everyone gets killed by rangers and cavalry or overrun by melee, leaving the knights to run around and slowly grind down the enemies for the next 30 minutes whilst everyone else either leaves or wastes 30 minutes of their lives.

Quote:thats incorperating cross class teamwork instead of the same old shielders stand there or over head spam and then archers behind them this change will create new tactics to be used and better stratergies to be created using all three of the classes individual skills

What do commandos bring to the table again?
The game isn't mean to be easy. This said, it would be stupid if the whole community only plays the same map 24/7 because there's an easy choke point on it. Overplayed maps make them boring, and the challenge to be fighting together is replaced by people going on a far server where they have 300 ping just to leech in the back of the shieldwall without really contributing. Smaller servers with password dont play the "flavour of the month" maps and find new strategies where teamwork is really the key to go far.
I don't think it was easy before.  I mean, how many times do people even get close to getting to last wave on hard mode?  Not very often at all... 

People arent going to think of new tactics around this one if the # of NPCs are constant.  Only thing that is going to work is knights running around and archers picking them off.  Look, I like a challange too.  And thought that the game was already challenging enough.  But now we wont get past the first few waves in most of the levels. 

Maybe decrease the amount of assist xp given off from killing NPCs in hard mode.  There are other solutions than to just close off part of the map IMO. 

Having shielders in front, two handed overhead swingers behind, and archers in the back all while managing the barricades/shields/health/ammo seemed like good team work to me.  If there are no choke points in those levels, then make them.  But maybe make them on a surface barricades/shields cannot be deployed on.  The only teamwork I see now is people running around like headless chickens waiting to get killed. 

Please use the modify button next time -ClickEverywhere
Well , Then add/keep choke points , add more ranged, add more crush through weapons and make sure people can't camp easily a choke point. That's the only solutions to keep them, else it's OP, boring, and overdone
(06-03-2012, 12:42 AM)_Sphinx_ link Wrote: Well , Then add/keep choke points , add more ranged, add more crush through weapons and make sure people can't camp easily a choke point. That's the only solutions to keep them, else it's OP, boring, and overdone

If people found it boring, why would they overdo it? They arent forced to play the maps with choke points, they go out of their way to find them.

I always thought people played games for fun, not for boredom, but i might be mental.
(06-03-2012, 12:10 AM)Jay_Nova link Wrote: The only teamwork I see now is people running around like headless chickens waiting to get killed. 

Without those choke points, this is what happens. Every time. No matter what map it is. Managing those board shields, barricades, and the various supplies at those choke points is (or was) the best people could do to adapt to the situation that a corridor map provides - there's barely any room to move around, and with the entire enemy wave coming at you in one giant glob, staying as far back as possible and whittling them down while holding down a defensible area is the only way to get those maps done. Now, it's going to be impossible.

(05-03-2012, 11:52 PM)_Sphinx_ link Wrote: Smaller servers with password dont play the "flavour of the month" maps and find new strategies where teamwork is really the key to go far.

Community segregation, Okay. What kind of "teamwork" do the people who play these servers employ? Is it the typical open map where the knights round up everybody and the snipers pick them all off? That's nothing I haven't seen before.
Captain_Stoogey
(06-03-2012, 12:48 AM)Pandabomber link Wrote: Community segregation, Okay. What kind of "teamwork" do the people who play these servers employ? Is it the typical open map where the knights round up everybody and the snipers pick them all off? That's nothing I haven't seen before.

I was always against Knights in Nord Invasion. No one should be able to solo for hours in Hard Mode or Normal. And now with the new 50p lance, people are switching from Commandos (no more choke points to shield) to Knights (kiting ftw *sigh*) or Snipers and team up with a knight. Imho : Give commandos super long pike to kill horses and remove Knights Tongue

What we do is 5 players (no knights involved) in certain maps that has weird corners/invisible walls where enemies can reach us, ranged don't bug in around the corner and we use the new items (baricades, heavy baricades) at our advantage. We respawn at the 4th 8th 12th wave to replace the broken baricade and continue to do what we're doing. Sharing those spots with people will just make them overplayed and removed by Hande, so sorry if I'm not too precise here Wink My spot in Lake Town got leaked by one of our member and it became quite popular in no-time, and a week or so later, removed. Then Town was discovered , and removed. Then City ... and removed.

Anyway, Knights don't want people to play with them since it spawns more ranged. Expect to see more private servers with 2-3 people playing with a password. Public servers will end up only filled with lower players or other players that can't/won't afford a server Tongue
The thing is, when spots are removed people do not think to find another one. It's as simple as coordinating with other players to create a good position.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma