Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Nord Kill Points (NKP)
This has been mentioned by a few players in TS but not put into writing. The motivation of this is the randomness of drops and the recipient. Currently, you have to hope for a drop, then hope that it goes to you or someone that needs and "deserves" it. Since the probability of multiple events occurring is the product of the probability of the individual events, in the experience of many players (vocal and not), many people walk away empty handed after multiple successful games.

Basically you would get points for bosses that you have spawned. For example (using ragnarok), you could get 10 * number of the boss, and 150 nkp for participating all 20 waves in a successful ragnarok server. You could redeem these in various tiers in a separate nkp shop, for items that drop from bots (crafting goods and legendaries are the obvious). The redemption points could be something like 50 (coal), 75 (raven feather), 150 (water), 300 (copper), so you could get any crafting good within two full and successful ragnarok runs. You could also allow hoarding these for the very rate boss drops in tiers that require 100, 200, 300 successful runs, which will take anywhere from over a month to multiple months for even the most hardcore players.

Let me know what you think. It gets increasingly disheartening watching people be in a malaise over the current random loot system. This would at least keep people playing if they know something will come of their repeated play other than the aforementioned hoping for a drop, then hoping they get it.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
I think this would be an excellant way of rewarding your loyal players, and encouraging them to continue in the grind. bcuz franky many are leaving due to the grind and overall unsucessful runs (as far as drops).

Great Job PCK
"I am most comfortable dealing death from the shadows"
It sounds like a good idea. It provides a linear reward system which in combination with random loot would give players more of an incentive to continue playing. I don't know anything about Warband modding (aside from the consensus that it's difficult), but I hope something like this is possible to implement.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
So it's based around the nords that you have spawned, LIKE!
Legendary Drops:
Eastern Katana - December 2012
Legacy - April 2014
Pike of Kings - June 2014
Stag Bow -June 2014
Rupturers - June 2014
Durandel - August 2014
Ancient Greatsword - August 2014
Valsgarde Helmet - September 2014
Penetrator - April 2015
Mnominor - April 2015
Volundr Greatsword - April 2015
(05-12-2013, 08:41 AM)Sepsis link Wrote: I think this would be an excellant way of rewarding your loyal players, and encouraging them to continue in the grind. bcuz franky many are leaving due to the grind and overall unsucessful runs (as far as drops).

Great Job PCK

blasphemer!!!! the loot system is perfect.
reminds me of DKP when I used to raid a great deal in BC 07, expect you were rewarded for attendance.

Interesting system though.
If it's used in combination with the random drop system we have now, it could prove a nice solution. Well thought.
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
"The redemption points could be something like 50 (coal), 75 (raven feather), 150 (water), 300 (copper), so you could get any crafting good within two full and successful ragnarok runs"

That would solve the problem of the lack of mats like Copper and Eagle feather, Then +1  Wink
HmHm at least a thought - through idea. It would take out the randomness factor though, which takes away some fun and declares ni to a pure grinding game.Well, i would keep that idea in mind but wait for what the devs will come up with in regard oft he new loot system they are currently overthinking.
Wusel @ Omnia
Or possibly (to keep the fun of random drops) when you enter in your NKP into the website, the website would randomly give you some green drops, all adding up to the worth of the NKP you entered. So you would still get the same value, but since you wouldn't for sure have any specific drop, it would still encourage player trading. Just an idea.
Official Banner Update Pack - http://forum.nordinv.com/index.php/topic,25828.0.html
Perseus     (Lvl 52 Royal Guard)
Artemis     (Lvl 52 Warden)
Hephaestus (Lvl 52 Zweihander)
Ares          (Lvl 52 Pikeman Hybrid)
Hestia       (Lvl 24 Heavy Xbow)

Loots: 1x Sun Pike