Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

NordInvasion Event #3 Strategy Guide for Nimueh's Team.
Swadian Overgrown.
This is the official strategy for Team # (Nimueh's team)
If other teams decide they want to use it too, than I will rename post.  Tongue~

Red Boxes indicate spawn points.

Purple Line indicates human shield wall.

Teal Line represents Heavy Barricade placements.

Orange Boxes represent Normal Barrciades.

We will be using heavy barricades to block range attacks against us.
Normal Barricades will be used as archer stands primarily, and funnels secondarily.
Our main line of Human Defence will not be relying on Deployables or Barricades, but rather just 2 shielders and 1 slasher, with range far behind standing on barricades firing into swarm.
Back up shielders will be needed, and should wait behind the slasher.
The Heavy Barricades placed on the side of the alley will protect the sides of the shielders, and everyone else in the alley.
Every one MUST stay to the back right during the waves to prevent the nords from going around the main shielders, and attacking from behind...  "Also why the heavy cades are in back, just in case" Tongue

---------------------------------------

EDIT Place a Heavy Barricade infront of the archer stands (Normal Barricade) in back to further protect archers.  Smile

The Heavy and Normal Barricades in the back, need to be behind the steps on the flat ground, in order for the archers to shoot over them properly. 

---------------------------------------

We have used this strategy many times, yet it is not a mainstream one...  Click and I have gotten extremely far, with nothing but a team of tier 2s behind us, so I'm sure if it is executed correctly, Oden will fall.
Warband Modder / Scener
Unity 3D Developer
Unreal 4 Developer

[WCS] WITCHCORESTUDIOS: Owner / Lead Developer

Current Standalone in progress: Warborn [ Medieval, Survival, Sandbox, MMO ] Assembled using Unity 3D 5

Contact for anything regarding anything: [STEAM]: [WCS] Warborn  [eMAIL]: witchcorestudios@gmail.com
that top left green box was supposed to be red, but MS paint failed.  Tongue~

Warband Modder / Scener
Unity 3D Developer
Unreal 4 Developer

Current Standalone in progress: Warborn [ Medieval, Survival, Sandbox, MMO ] Assembled using Unity 3D 5

Contact for anything regarding anything: [STEAM]: [WCS] Warborn  [eMAIL]: witchcorestudios@gmail.com
Where can i see the groups?
Loots:
?.?.12 - Wormbane
4.6.18 - Penetrator

[Image: 76561198058198743.png]
Groups are not assigned yet, waiting for the staff to complete that one.  xD
Warband Modder / Scener
Unity 3D Developer
Unreal 4 Developer

I like this strategy. When you get back we will go over it in greater detail so I can coach my team in it. Who knows, I might even have something to add to it.
Start the game already!
ok i'm back, i'll give you a run through on it.
Warband Modder / Scener
Unity 3D Developer
Unreal 4 Developer

(28-04-2012, 02:58 PM)Nimueh link Wrote:
We have used this strategy many times, yet it is not a mainstream one...  Click and I have gotten extremely far, with nothing but a team of tier 2s behind us, so I'm sure if it is executed correctly, Oden will fall.

Not an original strategy, and I don't know what you mean by this is not a "mainstream" tactic strategy because ever since the 0.4.0 patch, whenever I play on a Euro Hard server (no mapvotes) and Overgrown comes up, people either a) set up elsewhere and wipe/leave within the first 1-3 waves, or b) cade this spot and push on. If there is a more popular and "mainstream" strategy for hard mode on this map then I'm not aware of it.

That being said, I can definitely vouch for the effectiveness of this strategy, because a group I joined on one of the EU Hard servers two weeks ago managed to reach (and wipe on) Thor with just this strategy. I've never reached Odin on this map with this strategy before, but it could be possible with a voice-organized group. We'll find out soon enough!
Main Characters: Lanseril (L.52 Sniper), Grundus (L.52 Pikeman), Eledwyn (L.49 Commando), Rutgard (L.52 Sharpshooter)

Does your house dare to face the Prince? Take Vlka Fenryka's Dominate the Prince! challenge.
Ok we are on PK_Hard server, I'm showing the strategy to captains. 
Warband Modder / Scener
Unity 3D Developer
Unreal 4 Developer

ok we have refined it, and i am adding the finishing touches?
Warband Modder / Scener
Unity 3D Developer
Unreal 4 Developer

Story time! I had formulated this strategy immediately after the map was released, which was long before cavalry was removed*. Seeing as this came immediately after Lake Town was nerfed, players were wary of the Devs removing such spots, so it was kept secret. Huscarlton_Banks can confirm this as he was the only person outside the Scarlet Blade that we allowed in the server while using the strategy. After a while, I started using the spot on public servers. I don't know whether the EU players got it from playing with us, or whether they developed it independently, but I do know that this spot has been in use by the SB since the map came out.

*CoWorm can confirm my bragging about finding a secret spot and laughing at the misery of the masses complaining about the removal of viable defense positions.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma