Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Website Update
(06-06-2014, 12:19 AM)Silberfalke link Wrote: The second thing that is not quite amusing is the cost to update a certain post
to its previous quantity. It is now no longer possible for the trader to sell
a certain amount of something. Now one has to wait until everything of a
kind is bought unit for unit sometimes, or the post has to be updated again
and again and again. Isn't it quite imaginable that someone doesn't want to sell
one unit but 5, 10, 20 or 100? Why did you make it that way?

I do not understand what the problem is here.  You do not have to wait until a listing is completely purchased before adding items to it, you can add items at any time.  Each time you add an item to the listing, you pay whatever taxes are incurred for only the added quantity.  You are not re-taxed on the existing items.

We do not want to force the buyer into fixed amounts such as 5, 10, 20, etc.  That was one of the main points of the update.

As for bulk discounts, that is something that would best be arranged on the forum.
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
(06-06-2014, 01:53 AM)Kip link Wrote: [quote author=Silberfalke link=topic=27251.msg181628#msg181628 date=1402013962]
The second thing that is not quite amusing is the cost to update a certain post
to its previous quantity.
I do not understand what the problem is here.  You do not have to wait until a listing is completely purchased before adding items to it, you can add items at any time.  Each time you add an item to the listing, you pay whatever taxes are incurred for only the added quantity.  You are not re-taxed on the existing items.[/quote]
There is obviously a different tax for different items. I don't know exactly how it is done,
but I listed an example above to illustrate it. Apart from that it is the amount of time it
costs to update a certain post again and again to maintain your representation on this
market with a certain amount of a resource in respect to the availability and scarcity of it.
To be more precise: It is in many cases an advantage to be able to offer a bigger amount
of something. In some cases it is less significant.
(06-06-2014, 01:53 AM)Kip link Wrote: We do not want to force the buyer into fixed amounts such as 5, 10, 20, etc.  That was one of the main points of the update.
Instead, now the seller is forced to sell unit per unit. I cannot quite imagine how that should
be more positive in terms of motivating a seller and thereby guarantee the availability of goods
on the market.
(06-06-2014, 01:53 AM)Kip link Wrote: As for bulk discounts, that is something that would best be arranged on the forum.
And how many new threads would that mean, selling 10 Rough Cloth, Basic Wood or whatever
instead of one? I think that is pretty urealistic to be honest.
(06-06-2014, 02:23 AM)Silberfalke link Wrote: There is obviously a different tax for different items. I don't know exactly how it is done,
but I listed an example above to illustrate it.
The tax is a fixed percent of the total value of your listing.

(06-06-2014, 02:23 AM)Silberfalke link Wrote: Apart from that it is the amount of time it
costs to update a certain post again and again to maintain your representation on this
market with a certain amount of a resource in respect to the availability and scarcity of it.
To be more precise: It is in many cases an advantage to be able to offer a bigger amount
of something. In some cases it is less significant.
It should only take extra time if the seller insists on maintaining an exact quantity - no more, no less.  Arguably, though, if you are getting more work out of it, that means you are selling more.

(06-06-2014, 02:23 AM)Silberfalke link Wrote: [quote author=Kip link=topic=27251.msg181646#msg181646 date=1402019632]We do not want to force the buyer into fixed amounts such as 5, 10, 20, etc.  That was one of the main points of the update.
Instead, now the seller is forced to sell unit per unit. I cannot quite imagine how that should
be more positive in terms of motivating a seller and thereby guarantee the availability of goods
on the market.
[/quote]
"The customer is always right!"  It is an often-overlooked sentiment in modern marketing but I believe it holds true here.

(06-06-2014, 02:23 AM)Silberfalke link Wrote: [quote author=Kip link=topic=27251.msg181646#msg181646 date=1402019632]As for bulk discounts, that is something that would best be arranged on the forum.
And how many new threads would that mean, selling 10 Rough Cloth, Basic Wood or whatever
[/quote]
I believe a player shop would handle it quite nicely without too much added clutter.
CC_Warden_Kip | CC_Sentinel_Kip | CC_Guard_Kip | CC_Zweihander_Kip | CC_Marksman_Kip | CC_Pavise_Kip | CC_Peltast_Kip | CC_Marauder_Kip | others...
Very nice job web dev team.
Keep that great work up and hopefully we gonna get the patch soon Smile
[Image: Tarbs.jpg]
"I wish the germans would have melt the Eiffel Tower and make tanks to kill the french" - not telling
"I ain´t gonna drop my stuff for these guys" - Wambo
"What do you call the german Secret Service? -  SS" - not telling
I've made some fixes to the Auction Hall and added the Support Items category to the filter list.

For those who are still not able to click the buttons after having done a force refresh (ctrl + F5), cleared their cache, or disabled NordInvasion+, try giving it a day in case the files are being cached elsewhere.  If a method is found of speeding that up, we will post something here.
(06-06-2014, 02:23 AM)Silberfalke link Wrote: And how many new threads would that mean, selling 10 Rough Cloth, Basic Wood or whatever

Surely you don't consider that to be bulk. Bulk would be in the thousands of units of basic materials... at the very least hundreds. In those quantities you can consider talking about bulk discounts.

And if you think about it, stores don't just try to sell items in bulk at a discount to regular consumers. You'd generally have to speak with the supplier or store-owner for large orders. Anyway, most large trades are already done via the forum if you check the crafting materials section and player shops section. Nobody is bizarre enough to make a thread just to sell 10 rough cloth. That would be pretty unrealistic, to imagine anybody would be daft enough to engage in such an activity. The new system will allow buyers to get exactly what they are looking for in the amounts they require. The option to buy in bulk will no longer be forced on desperate consumers.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
When I apply a filter and then click "Next »" at the bottom right of the page, my filters reset and I can't see more filtered results. Does this happen for others as well?
Clan Cameron / Warden / Siege Engineer
(06-06-2014, 07:20 AM)Sosruko link Wrote: When I apply a filter and then click "Next »" at the bottom right of the page, my filters reset and I can't see more filtered results. Does this happen for others as well?
Unfortunately, yes. I use FF 29.0.1.
BoS_Niezdara - LVL 52 Repeaterman - Blacksmith LVL 22 | BoS_Niezdara_Guard - LVL 52 Royal Guard - Armorsmith LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Peltast - LVL 52 Master Peltast - Alchemist LVL 25 | BoS_Niezdara_Warden - LVL 52 Warden
(06-06-2014, 09:06 AM)Niezdara link Wrote: [quote author=Sosruko link=topic=27251.msg181661#msg181661 date=1402039249]
When I apply a filter and then click "Next »" at the bottom right of the page, my filters reset and I can't see more filtered results. Does this happen for others as well?
Unfortunately, yes. I use FF 29.0.1.
[/quote]Chrome 35.0.1916.114 m here.
Clan Cameron / Warden / Siege Engineer
Love the new AH!