Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Guide
Getting Started
Style Guidelines

If you have any questions, go ahead and ask them here. I will try answer to them.  Smile

So basically a good guide but i'd like more info on following things:
  1. Comment on archers, since they have the stupidest AI and get stuck often.
  2. Post a screen or two with properly made AI mesh.
  3. Post a screen or two with properly barriered prop that gets broken by depshields.
  4. Since choke points aren't forbidden anymore give info on how many choke points are allowed and how wide they have to be.
  5. Preferred size of the map and distances between spawns.
Yeah I will add more stuff a bit later. I just was bored yesterday so started to do this.  Wink
So does warband have a map editor?  Or are you editing a text file while playing it at the same time to see the changes? 

I will get it, but it;s kind of a steep learning curve? 
Warband Modder / Scener
Unity 3D Developer
Unreal 4 Developer

[WCS] WITCHCORESTUDIOS: Owner / Lead Developer

Current Standalone in progress: Warborn [ Medieval, Survival, Sandbox, MMO ] Assembled using Unity 3D 5

Contact for anything regarding anything: [STEAM]: [WCS] Warborn  [eMAIL]: witchcorestudios@gmail.com
It's an ingame map editor.
[align=center][Image: birdtalon.png]
how do i host my own local game for editing?  Last issue now Tongue

I'm on the local area network screen scanning...  Nothing showing up. 

also when i click on the scene files and open with notepad...  It;s jibberish...

the .SCO  files....

Warband Modder / Scener
Unity 3D Developer
Unreal 4 Developer

Current Standalone in progress: Warborn [ Medieval, Survival, Sandbox, MMO ] Assembled using Unity 3D 5

Contact for anything regarding anything: [STEAM]: [WCS] Warborn  [eMAIL]: witchcorestudios@gmail.com
No. Don't go to server list. Click Local Host button ( hidden ) and start it.
is in where the server list is?  still no luck.
Warband Modder / Scener
Unity 3D Developer
Unreal 4 Developer

What exactly is AI face  or face mesh?
and also
Is it easier to edit an existing scene or start from random map...
You can change the random map type by editing the txt? 
Sorry i have so many questions, but i have good ideas...

"last one" 

When hosting the server, is it possible to spawn the nords???  I havnt actually gotten them to spawn yet for testing. 

-----------------------------------

So just to get this straight...  All i need to actually get units to spawn and the game to be functional is

#1.  assigned AI spawn points
#2.  player spawn points
#3.  AI mesh
#4.  the needed props for hp and arrows and shrine?  ect...

???

Would it work server wise?  or is there a file needed to tell it what to spawn... ect that i need to link to the map? 

Sorry...  picking your brain, but i want to help.  <3
Warband Modder / Scener
Unity 3D Developer
Unreal 4 Developer

(24-04-2012, 02:19 AM)Nimueh link Wrote: What exactly is AI face  or face mesh?

Well It is like waypoints for bots. Without it they can't move to players.

(24-04-2012, 02:19 AM)Nimueh link Wrote: Is it easier to edit an existing scene or start from random map...

No. Don't select random maps as platform. If you do something to them save and quit or restart it, all your work is gone.[/quote]

(24-04-2012, 02:19 AM)Nimueh link Wrote: When hosting the server, is it possible to spawn the nords???  I havnt actually gotten them to spawn yet for testing. 

Yes. Just select amount of bots and they will spawn.

(24-04-2012, 02:19 AM)Nimueh link Wrote: So just to get this straight...  All i need to actually get units to spawn and the game to be functional is

#1.  assigned AI spawn points
#2.  player spawn points
#3.  AI mesh
#4.  the needed props for hp and arrows and shrine?  ect...

Yes and ofcourse, rest of the map.  Wink

(24-04-2012, 02:19 AM)Nimueh link Wrote: Would it work server wise?  or is there a file needed to tell it what to spawn... ect that i need to link to the map? 

Scene code and map file is needed for it.