Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Client Release 0.4.3 - Tiger Style!!
As long as you guys didnt change the blocking animation I am sure ill be fine.... not that it matters to 100% of you  ;D
It's forever changed Mini.
Just got out of prison after attacking a man on New years eve. Excuse me for getting nervous while an Arab was counting down from ten.

What's the difference between a black and a white fairy tale?
White begins, "once upon a time,"
black begins, "y'all motherf*ckers ain't gonna believe dis shit!"
Not the blocking animation Tongue That would trip me up too
Holo, You dont need the best gear to be good.... you gear crutcher... Wear a ragged outfit with kettle helmet, with khergit leather boots and leather gloves and you will be instantly pro  Wink

(25-06-2012, 10:13 PM)Tarimoth link Wrote: Hey I have an idea for next patch:

- Less rangers!

Anyone?

Just checked the battle stats for VLKA_Lanseril:

[Image: 9rhimq.jpg]

[Image: 22517920.jpg]

MOAR RANGERS!
Main Characters: Lanseril (L.52 Sniper), Grundus (L.52 Pikeman), Eledwyn (L.49 Commando), Rutgard (L.52 Sharpshooter)

Does your house dare to face the Prince? Take Vlka Fenryka's Dominate the Prince! challenge.
(25-06-2012, 10:15 PM)DCat link Wrote: How can i return old animation back?
It's new "awesome" animation, actually horrible.
...monkey-archers, and other nightmares.

I can't use my Great Strange sword, anymore...

So sad....

Hope, people agree with me... and i really hope, you can fix this "awesome animation" back...

I understand that you might find the new overhead swing a bit strange. However, my two reasons for including it were.

Firstly, that it is a far more useful animation for use in packed in environments. As a big fan of greatswords I have lost count of the amount of times someone has stepped behind me when I am swinging, causing my swing to just not work. It's not always their fault, just what happens in such tight environments. The new animation should cut down on that significantly and cause you less headaches in shield walls and packed battles.

My second reason was that the momentum of such a massive swing simply looked weird when fast swinging the bigger swords. It simply is not credible to have a heavy lightning fast great sword you can swing rapidly from that far back.

It is also worth mentioning that this mod is not based around eastern swordsmanship. The strange great sword is a fantastic weapon in game but it must be said that it does not really fit all that well with the them of the mod. As such, references to Japanese swordsmanship are not all the compelling. Rather, Papa Lazarou the designer of the animations pack (which we only partly implemented) drew inspiration for work from medieval and renaissance sources.

[img2]http://www.thehaca.com/Manuals/VadiNewImages/Untitled-2.jpg[/img2]

I hope you guys can see where I am coming from here. I can assure you there is no bigger fan of using greatswords and epic hammers in NI than myself and Hyper. Let me know what you think of my reasons and if a good section of the community just can't live with it, then we can look at removing it in future releases.

Barristan
(26-06-2012, 12:40 AM)minippl link Wrote: Holo, You dont need the best gear to be good.... you gear crutcher... Wear a ragged outfit with kettle helmet, with khergit leather boots and leather gloves and you will be instantly pro  Wink

You will never crush my goal Mini! For I am stubborn!
Just got out of prison after attacking a man on New years eve. Excuse me for getting nervous while an Arab was counting down from ten.

What's the difference between a black and a white fairy tale?
White begins, "once upon a time,"
black begins, "y'all motherf*ckers ain't gonna believe dis shit!"
Barristan, if you start running now, you might outrun all the other devs that want your head on a spike.
Start the game already!
I've calmed down a bit now Tongue
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
Barristan

It's physics of sword...
let's create "no swing" sword, which can shoot like laser? Nuclear sword?

Things have their own physics and anatomy. You can not change it, change the environment...

What about monkey-style of archers?
What about thrust with a sword / spear?

I'm not alone, who see this terrible anatomy...

*** sorry for my English...