Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

The NI Etiquette Guide (How not to glitch & respect others)
(16-07-2013, 07:12 PM)wK_Paladin link Wrote: [quote author=Johao link=topic=398.msg70173#msg70173 date=1357074512]
Do not try to wipe the team by repeatedly killing last or spaming tomes to spawn wraiths

Like no admin has ever done this  Tongue
[/quote]

Nor do devs ever do that, right Senni?
I was never here, you saw nothing...

Motivational tip: When you wake up in the morning, look in the mirror and say confidently, "That's a nice head you have on your shoulders."
Have made every effort has been fine title  :o
Is there any rule forbidding you to use armor you like ?
I was kicked out for having my beloved h highlander on ragnar server. Admin said its a matter of courtesy to have better armor on ragnar . I found it extremely unfair and childish like bcoz he told me that 4 tier would be ok but h highlander is offensive to other players . Really its bit silly to punish ppl for having less money  than others and its killing community spirit as well . Anyway 4 tier armor is only 5 p  better than my h highlander , doesn't make a big difference does it? Specially when You actually there to juggle stuff bcoz there was enough ppl to slash and shield.
Well if there is a rule like that than I understand Im forbidden to go ragnar  unless I got better armor ,is  that right?
AMOR PATRIAE NOSTRA LEX
(12-09-2013, 03:42 AM)Sudoku_killer link Wrote: Is there any rule forbidding you to use armor you like ?
I was kicked out for having my beloved h highlander on ragnar server. Admin said its a matter of courtesy to have better armor on ragnar . I found it extremely unfair and childish like bcoz he told me that 4 tier would be ok but h highlander is offensive to other players . Really its bit silly to punish ppl for having less money  than others and its killing community spirit as well . Anyway 4 tier armor is only 5 p  better than my h highlander , doesn't make a big difference does it? Specially when You actually there to juggle stuff bcoz there was enough ppl to slash and shield.
Well if there is a rule like that than I understand Im forbidden to go ragnar  unless I got better armor ,is  that right?

No, an admin should only request that you change your armour in a situation where you are either spawning in naked or with a recruit armour on purpose on a harder difficultly. We understand that some people can't afford better armour. We do however encourage that players that do play on Ragnarok servers come prepared. It is advised that you are wearing T4 armour, have a T4 weapon and at least a T2 support item. This makes it easier to achieve later waves and means it isn't down to a few players to bring in all the gear for every one else. But as I said, we understand that some people can't afford that, it is more a curtsey thing, if you can't help in the main action because of your limited gear, you find something else to do to help the team.
I just spent 30 minutes typing this response and Ragnash comes and posts something that does everything my post does in a more succinct and eloquent manner. I'm posting this anyway.

To address your questions, you aren't forbidden to join Ragnarok without better armor, and 5 body armor makes a ton of difference.

But in my view, it is disrespectful when a player doesn't spawn in with their best gear on Ragnarok mode. If you want to join a server wearing your favored attire, play on a normal server where the game is much more forgiving. It's unfair to those on the server who are putting in time and effort to kill Odin if other players are not doing their part and utilizing their best gear. Ragnarok is arduous even with a good team, so if you are perceived as not contributing you will quickly earn the resentment of other players.

On another note, it's understandable to move back and juggle items when there is no room on the shield wall, but your sole role shouldn't ever be that of equipment juggler. Juggling should only take your full attention on waves like Jotnes or Einherjar Snipers. Other things you can do is help hold last, help heal by picking up or asking for medic boxes, and build barricades on waves that require it. Another thing you could do is bring in short heavy barricades as Ragnarok runs always utilize those.

My advice is not to join Ragnarok mode until you have learned the fundamentals of the game, and the equipment to do well on hard mode (barricades, good shields, decent weapons). If you can't survive and contribute on hard mode, there is no point in joining Ragnarok. The highest difficulty of the game should not be taken lightly.
ba da bing ba da BAN! -Hypernoma
Heh, I am glad you did Click, you went into more specific detail and explained different situations well. You also touched on the type of mentality you need to approach the Ragnarok game mode with, which is something some of the player-base is unaware of.
As I am the admin in discussion here, I would like to comment.

Early on, when I asked why you were spawning with a t2 helmet and t3 armour you told me you own Swadian heavy lamellar but that you were choosing to wear heavy highlander because you like the look better. I continously asked you to change it for 12 waves and you just kept saying it was unfair. There was plenty of warning.

It would have been fine if you were actually helping the team, but by wave 12 you were at 1 kill and you weren't even dying to spawn in support items.

Even so I'll admit I may have made a mistake. I had misunderstood the rule Ragnash mentioned. I thought it applied to people spawning in armour not befitting their rank, not just nakedness. While I definitely wasn't happy with what you were doing, it is possible that I shouldn't have kicked you. However, the issue could have been easily solved if you had spawned in your better armour or helped the team.

If you would like to make an official complaint I suggest you contact Kip. He is the senior admin for my region. Here's his forum account: http://forum.nordinvasion.com/index.php?...ile;u=1358

Bossculeur
Bossculeur - 52 Royal Guard
Fafnir - 52 Marauder
Ok first of all  support item I got was h cade and it wasn't really needed there that's why I didn't spawn it
If  juggling is not helping the team to keep items from despawning  in your opinion then what is .
Killing score was as You said next to nothing but to be honest there was enough ppl in front to slash and trying go push my way through would be well not helping.
I disregarded your warnings because  imo I didn't do anything  against the rules ,I just like this set and have been on ragnars  many times with better score  than 1, if the score of single player is so important, for me its a team game and team scores . Specially on ragnar serv. I can understand winning the score board on normal for fun but ragnars is not about that, so I think
Anyway Im not touchy and have no hard feelings about this . Hope You made it to the end there
AMOR PATRIAE NOSTRA LEX