Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Martin Place Siege, Sydney CBD
I trust many of you know what is happening at Martin Place (located in the Sydney CBD, Australia), for those who don't this may come as a bit of a surprise.

At around 9:45AM (I believe) an armed gunman (pump action shotgun) stormed into a Lindt Cafe and took approximately 20 hostages at gunpoint whilst many others fled. Police evacuated surrounding buildings and civilians, setting up a perimeter. The gunman is using hostages as 'meatshields' and as puppets (they are talking to negotiators for the hostage-taker). 5 hostages have (apparently) escaped but some 15 odd hostages still remain inside. No harm has come to the hostages and they are being fed (apparently, again).

At the time of this post it's nearing the 11th hour of the siege, hostages were seen holding up a black flag which at first was perceived as the Islamic States 'Black Standard' but has now been confirmed as being a flag professing Islamic faith.

Kudos to the NSW Police Force for their exemplary efforts in ensuring the safety of the bystanders and looking after the best interests of those caught up in this mess.

I live roughly 30-45 minutes from Martin Place and this was a major shock to me when I learned about it this morning, however I, like everybody else, look forward to seeing a peaceful ending and pray that God be with the hostages.
The siege has ended after a 17-hour standoff. Gunman and 2 hostages are now dead (countless others are injured). Heavily armed police stormed the cafe at around 2am where multiple shots were discharged thereafter, it is currently unknown why the police made the move but it can be assumed the gunman went postal.