Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Cavalry Mode Tacticsguide
Thanks Kanade for the Guide,never really played much Cav,the first time i was kinda confused with the situation.
Read through the Guide,and now i have a better plan at Cav Mode Smile
I'd like to share some tips that i learned while playing (and often dying) in cav mode, it may look obvious stuff for experienced players, but i did not see those points covered in the guide, so it might be helpful for newcomers

- leg armor is actually important

- shooting from horseback must take horse speed into the account. As archer and xbowman, circling counterclockswise, you'll pretty much always shoot from the left side of your horse, so adjust your aim so that the center of your aimpoints is slightly to the left of your target (it takes practice of course)

- the best loadout for melee is lance, shield, and a long 1h sword (or bastard sword). Shield is very important on higher mixed waves as 17 and 19, as the main threats are mercenay horse archer with their shotguns. While a long 2h sword may be effective on the initial waves you must consider that on horseback all 2h swords get a damage and speed reduction (as if you were using a bastard sword with one hand, but the damage will still be calculated on your 2-handed skill) and the lack of shield will get you killed

- if you have trouble hitting your targets with a couched lance try aiming in first person

- pikemen are dangerous, if they're facing you, then don't try to melee them. If a pikeman stabs you while you're running at full speed towards him you'll just die in one hit, even with good commando armor

- the best a safest way to deal with wave 16 is lance couching, better done if jousting: two riders with their respective group of nords run towards each other, lancing the bots that are following his partner. Jousting is effective because the nords' movement will be predictable, since they are following your jousting partner; if you try lancing alone, doing a U-turn and lance the guys following you, they will most likely side step to stab you, and being very fast is difficult to adjoust the lance in time. Of course jousting in couples requires coordination and few people playing, and is not really an option on a full public server.
Gunnar is easier than Ulfric, he dies in 5 lance hits at full speed from a couser, and you can even focus him at the very start of the wave, as he will be standing still aiming with his bow (of course it's safe as long as he's not aiming at you), the brand new minimap will help finding him in the crowd.

- on wave 18 and 20 focus horses first, dismounted nords are easy to kill with lance. Marshall and queen can be cornered, after a while they get tired of being unable to ride and they dismount (wave 20 boss horse is unkillable, so that's pretty much the only way to dismount them). Dismounting the boss is dangerous, and people can die in the attempt, so is wise to tome for the deads after you've succesfully dismounted the boss. Once boss is dismounted one player onfoot can spam block with a weapon (beware, queen can be blocked if she uses sword, but her mace has crushthrough), holding the boss in place so that ranged can aim easily and melee can take turns to lance couch him safely.

- always ride at full speed while toming, if a wraith spawns behind you he will not be able to get you in time

- if you need ammo or health and you don't have time to stand at the refills in the middle of a wave go for the emergency option: shrine is fast and is your friend
xbow aim skill is depending Horse archery?
(28-12-2016, 10:32 AM)grolla Wrote: xbow aim skill is depending Horse archery?

Jawohl
Appareantly I gave most of my loot chance to Fara. Mostly AFG, rise from the ashes from time to time.

Loots:
Shield of Kings - 18.10.2014
Dwarf Axe - 16.01.2017

CC_Wild_Garlic_Pesto
CC_Green_Pesto
CC_RNG_sits_on_my_face

-"Every fart is a gamble now" Bluzark 19.02.2017
same with throwing
08/15/16 - White Dragon Helmet
08/25/16 - Dragon Axe
10/2/16 - Ornate Crusader Helmet
11/6/16 - Gothic Salet
12/1/16 - Wulfsbane
1/8/17 - Ornate Bascinet
11/19/17 - Legacy
Bumping for the increased popularity of Cavalry.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(08-02-2019, 03:46 PM)Malong Wrote: Bumping for the increased popularity of Cavalry.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
If someone feels like updating this thread, let me know and I'll transfer ownership of the thread.
(04-06-2019, 06:54 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: If someone feels like updating this thread, let me know and I'll transfer ownership of the thread.

I may be up for the task if an overhaul of this thread is wanted. Just need a week or so to prepare the text.
If you end up doing it the polearms you can use on cav has changed a bit.

It used to be once it got to a certain size you could not use them at all however now i can use my mangler in cav but only as a thrust option... 
So i would guess its the same with DS/DH/TP/POK/Sunpike/etc.. I'm not sure at what point you can swig one atm maybe at anything smaller than navel? Idk you would need to check or get a dev to say.

Hoplite spears can be used on cav but you can't even use the 1h mode even tho the animation of using all spears is in 1 hand... Stuff like Jorm is a no even tho that change may make pikeman ok?

To make Pikeman any good at cav stats/items would need to be changed. 
When i used to have my daggers(25 ammo) you could get away with using 3 daggers + 1 big ammo. That way once you run out of ammo you either get ammo the normal way or can use the big ammo.

Even then the flight speed of daggers was not helpful... and stopping for ammo is not the best idea on the harder ways. 

Idk how the devs would think about this but maybe make the big ammo and small ammo auto refill the ammo you have a bit like how medkits work. Refills 1 slot every 1min or so?
If you did that + make (1h)hoplite spears work + make it so stuff like my mangler can be used normally. Pikeman may become a good class for cav.

Right now i think pikeman needs the most help in cav but next would be Xbow. 

Who needs more than 100P till you get past w12 cav i guess that can be said with normal/hard as well for some waves. 

To add on to that when you are on a horse you can't move as much vs a sniper. I find its more pronounced in game for me.

[Image: 39a7136777378f7da8128008e02f2ae5.gif]
[Image: 9ad46387456d4b5bd9f06bf9bb690c80.gif]
I have no idea if this is a Warband thing or Ni but i can tell you its one of the main reasons why i main Warden/Ranger/Jugg/Leg.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|