Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Newbies events
Hi all community members  Smile

since recently we have been observing:
1. some drop down in community activity and the number of new players registrations
2. as well as some complaints / comments concerning long and painful path for new players to develop their chars to the point the game begins to be fully satisfying
3. and taking into consideration that one of main problems for new players is that without some veterans on the team and reasonable ammount of support items they get wiped pretty quickly (before the high waves come to give the assist xp and chance for some loot),

I'd like to encourage veteran players to give me a hand in this initiative:

we shall organize events for new players following the pattern:
- normal difficulty for players under level 32, hard difficulty for players on levels 32 - 39
- 4-8 veteran players (heros) participating to provide the team with necessary experience and guidance as well as the support items and weapons
- the rest of the team is new players with level as mentioned above
- event server without password protection, so any low level player is welcome to join
- we shall provide TS channel to coordinate the team, one of the veterans will be requested to take on captains duty

I have agreed the matter with Winter, so we have the necessary Admins team consent and support.
First of the newbies event I would like to hold in the middle of next week, afternoon GMT time.

Veteran players who would like to participate and support the newbies are welcome to post here. Please, include your class and support items you can bring in. I will contact you.
One problem. Alot of newbies don't use the forum
DB_BlackWarden - DB_BlackPeltast - DB_BlackKnight - DB_BlackPavise
Alchemist 16 - ArmorSmith 21 - BlackSmith 18 - Alchemist 8
(09-08-2015, 11:47 AM)BlαcĸSɴιper link Wrote: One problem. Alot of newbies don't use the forum
Winter also addressed this problem. The solution is to take a walk through servers and invite them some time prior to the event. He suggested admins could give a hand in that, too. Also, whatever word one puts on forum will not reach 100% of players. Still, many of forum users will see an event announcement and probably spread word to their friends they can contact over Steam...
I ain't created a new character in a while, or one that isn't already registered on the website, does a server message pop-up to go to the forums when they join a server?

*shrug*

Turtle
''If Turtle can loot, anybody can.''

Sexual Healer of NI

"He took the pike out of my hands before my body even touched the ground." - Nana
"you can sexually heal me any day" - Xen and Bradapple

25/03/2018 - Shield of Kings
11/10/2018 - Imperial Halfplate - Red
Quote:_DruggedUpTurtle link=topic=46196.msg238687#msg238687 date=1439122536]
I ain't created a new character in a while, or one that isn't already registered on the website, does a server message pop-up to go to the forums when they join a server?

*shrug*

Turtle
I don't think server informs of forums, it provides ID to register on chars website. The char website has links to forum provided no mater if one is logged or not. However, I do not think it will be a huge problem to get ppl interested to play. We have 16 spots on server, so not that much.
Recently actually, the number of new players have gone up, not down. Updating the moddb page brought
Nearly 275~ downloads as of now, and therefore players, as of now.

Personally, though I don't oppose holding events, the best way to aid new players is to just play normal mode on public servers In my opinion, since even if they are told of events, many will not likely join. Staying on the normal servers where help can be given out the most will be of more aid from vets.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

Also true and thanks for good news.
Brand new to the forum and the game, although I've been kind of warned off from this community because it is "elitist", I've found the opposite to be true. Many veterans willing to give advice and help.

First week here, looking forward to getting to know some of you.

I know this is an old thread. But I just wanted to put this here.
Rook--Master Peltast                                           Working on: Magnus -- Zwei, Pawn -- Sentry
King--Royal Guard
Bishop--Repeaterman
Knight--Marauder
Queen--Warden

23/11/2016 Dark Gothic Salet
10/12/2016 Ailadrodd
Bobo,how about you/the community,brings this idea back to life?

They say im a devil, but they haven´t seen the true Fire burning.

[Image: 76561198004611878.png]
(28-07-2016, 05:49 PM)Lirania Wrote: Bobo,how about you/the community,brings this idea back to life?

I just saw this thread.
10/10 for idea.
[Image: 76561198035888417.png]
Legendary Loots:
None 2016
[Image: m9d55Ny.jpg]