Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

The Item and Class Stat Balance Thread
Why the defender shield is now only usable by RG ?? Before I had one and I was commando... Please do the defender shield again usbale by Commado.
With this change a Defender shield cost like 1.2 million to use...and craft.
I would assume the aurora blade has taken the old place of the EK that used to drop in normal but has since become a ragnarok loot, which would make sense as to why it should rival the dwarf axe which drops off wave 12 hard. Nevertheless, I still believe the Dwarf axe is better than the EK at +2c and bonus against shields despite lacklustre length. That said, I do believe the EK should not be usable by the archer class and should have been updated with the changes to the usability of the aurora blade, fell edge etc, given that the devs have taken a sharp turn against supporting the use of hybrid classing.

As for 2h craftable weapons and house crafted weapons, they probably could do with a little tweaking. The boarding axe and butcher were to the best of my knowledge, nerfed to create a bigger gap between craftables and legendaries (namely the EK at the time, having the same cut as the boarding axe and the butcher having even more cut) given that these legendaries have received so much attention lately, I think it would be a good time to look at bringing some of these old weapons back up to speed. Weapons like the talhoffer, highlander claymore and those ugly crusader sword things have always been kinda "meh" in my eyes and always deserved some buffing. the justice/injustice could do with some love aswell, maybe winter could add some flair here and make them different from each other, maybe one being speedy and weak and the other being slow and powerfull, they're both bastard swords so one could be made better with 1 hand than the other i don't know? I could go on for forever about these long forgotten items, but i think I've made my point Tongue

I guess it's just nice to see constant stat changes rather than waiting for the big patch for a few tweaks to items here and there like it happened in the past, so thanks for that.
Going Deep
(18-09-2015, 11:13 AM)Krilline link Wrote: Why the defender shield is now only usable by RG ?? Before I had one and I was commando... Please do the defender shield again usbale by Commado.
Unless I'm horribly mistaken, Defender shield has been RG only for at least the last 22 months.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(18-09-2015, 12:27 PM)Malong link Wrote: [quote author=Krilline link=topic=47440.msg243090#msg243090 date=1442574839]
Why the defender shield is now only usable by RG ?? Before I had one and I was commando... Please do the defender shield again usbale by Commado.
Unless I'm horribly mistaken, Defender shield has been RG only for at least the last 22 months.
[/quote]
Yes the Defender Shield has been Royal Guard locked for a long long time now.
[Image: Untitled-1.gif]
"time is money jaja and loot" - Blame
(18-09-2015, 01:33 PM)Xen link Wrote: [quote author=Malong link=topic=47440.msg243095#msg243095 date=1442579267]
[quote author=Krilline link=topic=47440.msg243090#msg243090 date=1442574839]
[/quote]
Yes the Defender Shield has been Royal Guard locked for a long long time now.
[/quote]
Well I haven't played for a long time ...
(18-09-2015, 12:27 PM)Malong link Wrote: [quote author=Krilline link=topic=47440.msg243090#msg243090 date=1442574839]
[/quote]

You are not horribly mistaken.  Defender shield has been RG and Pavise only since I started playing.  Almost 2 years ago. 

And why is it bad that the AB has more cut then the house crafted bastard swords?  its legendary, those ones aren't. 

The reason that the house crafted bastard swords are not used, is that the price is to high compared to other weapons.  A single Damascus steel less than a Stone Maul for the Justice/Injustice.  Those of you wanting to buff these items,  Would you actually craft them over the stone maul?

All those house crafted top tier swords that you mentioned Woody are still better than the AB.  Bidenhander and EGS have 1 more cut,  Forlorn Hope has 2 more cut.  Elegant Flamberge has 26 more length for the same cut.  And before you start saying that that amount is inconsequential.  The armor upgrades we all pay many many millions for are only 2 points at a time unless you can get Gothic Plate.

As for EK verses Dwarf Axe.  Same thing as i said for the swords.  Added to the fact that the Dwarf axe drops on hard mode right now while the EK drops on rag after wave 10.  And if I had stuff I wanted to sell, I would buy Tarrod's Dwarf axe.

Woody about the SoK.  It is now a direct upgrade to both Commando Legendary shields.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

(18-09-2015, 01:44 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote: All those house crafted top tier swords that you mentioned Woody are still better than the AB.  Bidenhander and EGS have 1 more cut,  Forlorn Hope has 2 more cut.  Elegant Flamberge has 26 more length for the same cut.  And before you start saying that that amount is inconsequential.  The armor upgrades we all pay many many millions for are only 2 points at a time unless you can get Gothic Plate.
I think of usable as a key thing with it being not a Zwei locked weapon/Commando it Tr3  and it being a bastard it just to much and to add to the fact Ab it gone from 50c 55c 60c What in 1 year ?

(18-09-2015, 01:44 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote: As for EK verses Dwarf Axe.  Same thing as i said for the swords.  Added to the fact that the Dwarf axe drops on hard mode right now while the EK drops on rag after wave 10.  And if I had stuff I wanted to sell, I would buy Tarrod's Dwarf axe.
He wants 20-25m sniper can use Ek that all i need to say

(18-09-2015, 01:44 PM)Sargent Q link Wrote: Woody about the SoK.  It is now a direct upgrade to both Commando Legendary shields.
The Tower is Xbow even you now this. If one get a buff the other should to (It drops from Odin so im using your on augment for the Ek vs the Axe) 

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
I guess you don't know that i went Sentinel on my Archer.  I have the EK for use on my legionnaire. 
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

(18-09-2015, 01:35 PM)Krilline link Wrote: Well I haven't played for a long time ...
Now that I've had a chance to look at crafting, it's RG and Pavise. Either way, it hasn't been available to commandos for that same length of time. And you were in fact playing back; I bought my SHC from you during that time.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(18-09-2015, 02:25 PM)Malong link Wrote: [quote author=Krilline link=topic=47440.msg243104#msg243104 date=1442583314]
Well I haven't played for a long time ...
Now that I've had a chance to look at crafting, it's RG and Pavise. Either way, it hasn't been available to commandos for that same length of time. And you were in fact playing back; I bought my SHC from you during that time.
[/quote]
Ohh that's why... I understand now lol, The Duelist became Royal Guard... Sorry everyone.
So yeah I was duelist a long time ago lol