Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

How do we get new players?
I hesitate to start this thread for fear of yet another "This mod is so bad now" argument. I trust everyone to put their grievances aside for a little while.

I would like to see if anyone has some neat ideas on how we might, as a community, make a concerted effort to draw in new players while also working together to educate them on how the game works. I got to thinking about this a while ago when last year some how, some way, NI ended up on the steam workshop (I may be horribly wrong here, but the essence of my message remains) and the population of new players went up markedly.

So I got to wondering how something like that might happen again, but this time make it a lasting change that continues to draw in new players without just random chance being the root cause.

My ideas to this point are not well thought out, and probably not even good, but maybe it'll get some kind of ball rolling.

So ideas:
1) Create a youtube/twitch/whatever account and make some regular videos of game play. We all play anyway, and it doesn't take much to record our games if we desire.

A slow idea that may or may not do anything at all, but once a video is made it is out there forever. There are M&B videos on youtube on channels with as little as 1000 subscribers with over 300k views so a channel does not necessarily need to be huge to get attention. Hell, that Mjolnir video has over 2k hits and it's just audio. (Hilarious btw)

2) Work to post info on NI on M&B related forums and wherever else it is appropriate. I'm not a big mod player so there are probably tons of websites and whatnot that I do not know about that could be useful.

3) Torture/blackmail your friends until they make a character.

So as I said, these may be really bad ideas, but you have to start somewhere. I think the mod has enough merit on its own to be compelling if people just see it. I don't even remember how I stumbled on to this place in the beginning, but I've enjoyed it enough to stay. I just want others to have that chance as well. So please, let's hear your thoughts.
Characters:
Flick - 52 Sniper
Balinor - 52 Pikeman
GheerBox - 43 SS
Kahlan - 32 Sergeant
[Image: 76561197995845485.png]
cRPG gained a little of new players by frequenting their moddb page a little last year or so, iirc.
NordInvasion's moddb page is up to date, you just need to get people to vote for it and look at it every day so it gets into the top 100. Maybe also let people add good-looking screenshots.
26.08.15-Fang of Fenrir

[Image: NqiKO60.png]
Yeah we forgot to update moddb page but looks like there are quite a lot players who visit that website looking for M&B mods.
We are trying to keep that website updated for now on. You can send screenshots to me or someone else in our team to get it in.

I like those Youtube/Twitch ideas. Just need someone to start making them.
There are some videos at Youtube about NI runs but they are getting outdated so I would like to see some new ones.  Smile
I'm not sure if I can set up working stream but I can try to stream some runs/events in future. Nothing fancy, just gameplay.
If that won't work so well, then I can start recording games to Youtube. That should be easier to do.
I'm probably going to make a video about the roll the dice event, hopefully a lot of people turn up for that. Smile
''If Turtle can loot, anybody can.''

Sexual Healer of NI

"He took the pike out of my hands before my body even touched the ground." - Nana
"you can sexually heal me any day" - Xen and Bradapple

25/03/2018 - Shield of Kings
11/10/2018 - Imperial Halfplate - Red
Youtube vids shouldn't be hard. I'll look into making one tonight and see how it goes.
Characters:
Flick - 52 Sniper
Balinor - 52 Pikeman
GheerBox - 43 SS
Kahlan - 32 Sergeant
A good trailer can do wonders
we start an NI band and make a music video. i bet Saxon Camel can write us some lyrics
(19-09-2015, 12:34 AM)Soviet link Wrote: we start an NI band and make a music video. i bet Saxon Camel can write us some lyrics
Or we can copy game of thrones theme and add a sick sword swinging sound in it to make authentic *insert lenny face here*
(19-09-2015, 12:34 AM)Soviet link Wrote: we start an NI band and make a music video. i bet Saxon Camel can write us some lyrics

Mos Eisley Cantina 2.0?
Hey guys. Made a video just to try out everything. It was late and I was trying to to be quiet so I know my voice is boring so I will try to fix that in the future videos. Just let me know what other suggestions you might have. Mic volume, game sounds, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2knSdolCeYM
Characters:
Flick - 52 Sniper
Balinor - 52 Pikeman
GheerBox - 43 SS
Kahlan - 32 Sergeant