Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

How do we get new players?
(10-02-2016, 12:58 AM)Aggro link Wrote: [quote author=Ubertimmy link=topic=47746.msg258884#msg258884 date=1455061478]
Someone else had brought up that one of the biggest issues is the lack of readily-accessible information about the prices of gear and access to that gear, and I agree.  New players don't find a nice piece of kit that they want, set it as a goal and work for it, as the price, how it compares to other gear available and even whether or not it's up for sale are all up in the air.  It's 100x easier to just go play cRPG.

Although honestly there are a lot of games that don't hold your hand the whole way through your playthrough and I think this mod could be put under that category. Even then it does not take a lot of effort to go and look up the information which, for the most part, is readily available. There is also no point in talking about values of items when prices are in constant motion.
[/quote]
It doesn't have to 'hold your hand', it merely has to show new players that there is in fact something for them to strive for, something attainable and feasible that doesn't require sifting through the forums for hours to discover.

(10-02-2016, 07:27 AM)Bobo link Wrote: Agreed. Also, searching the forums for info on the gear, posting WTK price and so on is an important part of fun. I wouldn't like to see it imcorporated into the game itself. Like Sargent Q said: there are threads like Complete Guide..., Legendary Items, crafting recipes lists. And there is always the possibility to post your question whatever it might, ppl will reply.

I'm sure it's lovely to go and trade with your friends on the forums and get the items you need, but what about for a new player? How many games nowadays require you to make a separate forum account for any high-level progression, but don't actually tell you this? It even directs you to a woefully under-equipped auction house whenever you click the 'trading' button.
As a separate thought experiment, try to imagine how many players will go and post on the forums waiting for a reply when they don't know something as opposed to simply playing something else.

Just thought of something, what about replacing the credits screen in the menu with a basic info page? Update it as needed with the updates that come along.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

(10-02-2016, 04:22 PM)Ubertimmy link Wrote: [quote author=Aggro link=topic=47746.msg258897#msg258897 date=1455065905]
[quote author=Ubertimmy link=topic=47746.msg258884#msg258884 date=1455061478]
Someone else had brought up that one of the biggest issues is the lack of readily-accessible information about the prices of gear and access to that gear, and I agree.  New players don't find a nice piece of kit that they want, set it as a goal and work for it, as the price, how it compares to other gear available and even whether or not it's up for sale are all up in the air.  It's 100x easier to just go play cRPG.

Although honestly there are a lot of games that don't hold your hand the whole way through your playthrough and I think this mod could be put under that category. Even then it does not take a lot of effort to go and look up the information which, for the most part, is readily available. There is also no point in talking about values of items when prices are in constant motion.
[/quote]
It doesn't have to 'hold your hand', it merely has to show new players that there is in fact something for them to strive for, something attainable and feasible that doesn't require sifting through the forums for hours to discover.
[/quote]

The only thing that would take you hours on the forums is refreshing the page hoping for new posts. The posts that are sticking and mostly kept up to date really well can be found very quickly and like others have stated, noone is stopping anyone from asking questions and it's most certainly encouraged. The main thread that solves almost every issue that you guys have brought up is the Guide to Swadian Equipment. It is a wonderful thread and should not be undervalued for all the work that went to it.
[Image: 76561198056190414.png]
Will do free crafting and give advice to newer players if they want any!
Adding me on steam is the best way for you to contact me!: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nandogomez

My Shop: http://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread...ght=Ribbed
(10-02-2016, 05:23 PM)Aggro link Wrote: [quote author=Ubertimmy link=topic=47746.msg258974#msg258974 date=1455121327]
[quote author=Aggro link=topic=47746.msg258897#msg258897 date=1455065905]
[quote author=Ubertimmy link=topic=47746.msg258884#msg258884 date=1455061478]

[/quote]
[/quote]

The only thing that would take you hours on the forums is refreshing the page hoping for new posts. The posts that are sticking and mostly kept up to date really well can be found very quickly and like others have stated, noone is stopping anyone from asking questions and it's most certainly encouraged. The main thread that solves almost every issue that you guys have brought up is the Guide to Swadian Equipment. It is a wonderful thread and should not be undervalued for all the work that went to it.
[/quote]

Using a forum thread as your entire tutorial might have something to do with your lack of new players.

Don't pander to a group of players who exploit a particular tactic and subsequently make it the only way to progress in the game.

Here's looking at that one particular House that started the rot.