Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Thinking about switching to Pike and need help
Hey together,

so I was debating to switch my commando into a Pikemen because I don´t realy fancy to thought of a pure melee caracter anymore...
Now I´m burdend with the decision of going into Legionaire, Halberdier, master Peltast or Marauder and I need your help to choose:

my main point in changing is to be able to kite enemys arround at least a little morethen my other caracters (Adventurir) but remain able to slash if needed. So speed and survivabilty is a concern to me. The question would be which one to choose? I´m aimin to be helpful on hard but time will tell if I will ever see a good ragnarök server again x)

Thank you in advance Smile

Oh and sorry for my language... not realyon my A-game at the moment...
For survivabilty i would go with halberdier. Their armor is cheap and they can be pretty good slashers. Tho they lack speed (armors weight 20-25) so if u wanna kite I wouldn't suggest it.

If u want speed go for master peltast. He has really powerful throwing skill, but he can slash aswell (not as good as the other two).

Marauder is the best pikeman slasher (maybe even a best slasher in game). He can do so much damage with with any (decent) polearm, though he can throw as well. The only problem i've encountered so far is the lack of armor when slashing.
I wouldn't recommend Halberdier, it's true it is a tank among pikemen but both MP and Marauder are stronger in their fields. Master Peltast seems to me the overall deadliest of all heroes, with top tier throwables he is able to demolish even the strongest enemies. One body shot kill against vet pikes give the picture. Marauder is also a tone of fun, for most players it is indeed the strongest slashing char available. Zwei stats are a bit better in this regard but choice of weapons make a big difference here. The pikemen polearms are simply much much cheaper for the stats given than Zwei's 2Hs. The armor rating difference is a problem against enemies like Vet Pikes or Juggernauts who are armed with a long reach weapons. Those with shorter weaps cannot reach you standing behind shielder (or cade) if you keep proper distance with your polearm. But unlike Zwei, Marauder can simple step back a bit and throw instead of slashing if it's too risky.
(04-03-2016, 08:25 PM)Bobo link Wrote: I wouldn't recommend Halberdier...
If u like to "rambo" every now and then halberdier is awesome tbh. One (MP/Marauder) does not simply leave the cades to fight bots (on hard/rag ofc) and survive. Halberdier in that case can survive like 2-3 more hits before dying which can be very helpful. And nonetheless halberdier is really good at slashing, yeah marauder is better, but with marauder you'll get 1 hit on later waves.
Marauder would probably be best for you considering that you are useful in front of and behind cades, considering you have a high amount of slashing damage and you can also kite with any throwing weapon you have.
Legionaire, MP, and halberdier are all useful in front of cades and behind cades, so you can slash and kite, but the most use you will be getting out of both will be if you go marauder.
If you want a second best, it would be halberdier, since you can slash with polearms and you can play as an infantry but have t4 pikeman throwing. You are basically a tank.

But I would go with marauder.
Hey,

As indeed everyone pointed it out, I would also recommend you marauder or halberdier if you choose to switch. As you said you want to be able to kite and slash, I'd totally recommend you marauders which are completely underated aswell as halbs as people think that the mp is better. MP has basically just a fancy +25 in throwing, like seriouly, would you pay 750k just for that extra? Marauders have unique armors aswell as halbs, and almost everything that is usable by any mp is usable by the two other heroes.. soo yeah.

Now if you want to stay inf, and want to slash and throw, go for legio, but don't expect to have a superaim or kite, and don't expect to do much with your throwable in cav. Smile *Edit : and indeed, legio have awesome gears and weapons*

Hope it will help you out, and if you pick marauder, well, welcome brother !

- LordChaos (Legionnaire):  Armorsmith
- Kingsguard (Royal Guard):Blacksmith
- Swadian_Hunter (Archer) Jobless
- The_Impaler (Pikeman): Achemist 
- House Crafting: Defender 

01/04/16: Nothing
(04-03-2016, 06:52 PM)xBlackfieldx Wrote: Hey together,

so I was debating to switch my commando into a Pikemen because I don´t realy fancy to thought of a pure melee caracter anymore...
Now I´m burdend with the decision of going into Legionaire, Halberdier, master Peltast or Marauder and I need your help to choose:

my main point in changing is to be able to kite enemys arround at least a little morethen my other caracters (Adventurir) but remain able to slash if needed. So speed and survivabilty is a concern to me. The question would be which one to choose? I´m aimin to be helpful on hard but time will tell if I will ever see a good ragnarök server again x)

Thank you in advance Smile

Oh and sorry for my language... not realyon my A-game at the moment...

Master Peltast gets extra damage for throwing, great speed and also has access to effectively all throwing items in game, is prominent enough to be a slasher and the same general access to armor that Marauder has. MP is beautiful and is excellent at kiting. (2nd best kite class in game other than Archer Wink )
A loot a year keeps the interested here

I do maps btw lol