Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Terath's models
(05-11-2017, 10:58 AM)Terath Wrote: https://sketchfab.com/models/8213cf7bf4e...f504ac93ca

A model made to replace the current Huntress model. The current one is aids.jpg and needs to die. Thus, a new model. More thicc, less huge, not a darker Long Bow. Looks like it could pack a punch.
I've been practicing wood weathering techniques recently and I thought it really made this model look way better than it would without the weathering; I feel like it ties the whole model together.
I'm very happy with how this turned out. Even if I had to stay up until 4:50 AM making it from start to finish (7 hours total).

https://sketchfab.com/models/f2fe09e59ad...51f9a23835

The finished version of the Bidenhander I was working on a couple of months back.
The UV unwrap is hell and so was texturing it.
Defender Armour flashbacks.
It turned out real nice.

https://sketchfab.com/models/d3b4465cae5...b92988447a

Major model edit and retexture for Jormungandr. Old one was green for some reason, and looked craftable, so I thought I'd make it look just a little more legendary.
Also, the engravings glow blue. Ooo.

https://sketchfab.com/models/85b46ac820c...e0d98e0b7e

New sheath for the Swadian Hope. Not much to say other than it looks much better than the current one.
-
All of these models should be in the next major patch. Thanks.

Wow. Love it. About the Jormungandr, http://supernatural.wikia.com/wiki/Lance_of_Michael is a pretty cool lance that I could imagine as another item ingame or as Jormugandr. Especially with those runes crafted into the shaft.
Loots:
?.?.12 - Wormbane
4.6.18 - Penetrator

[Image: 76561198058198743.png]
Awesome new Huntress. Hopefully a bit more dps planned as well? Tongue
"Dedicated Nord Farmer"

Legendary Loots:
28.04.18 Royal Helmet
04.11.18 Leather Overmail
26.12.18 Severance
04.03.19 Aurora Blade
07.03.19 Illustrious
08.04.19 Sun Glaive
05.10.19 Severance
Updated Dragon Bolts (made before they dropped)
Swadian Helmet Remodel
Langes Messer
Steel Reaver remodel
Excalibur Remodel
Royal Bastion
-
Some personal projects:
Katana
Frigate
Space gun (incomplete)
-
This is both work I've done for the mod and work I've done outside the mod in the past couple of months. The gun and the ship are for a space game I'm making in my class, so they're pretty far from NI's style, haha. Thanks.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
(23-02-2018, 04:04 AM)Terath Wrote: Updated Dragon Bolts (made before they dropped)
Swadian Helmet Remodel
Langes Messer
Steel Reaver remodel
Excalibur Remodel
Royal Bastion
-
Some personal projects:
Katana
Frigate
Space gun (incomplete)
-
This is both work I've done for the mod and work I've done outside the mod in the past couple of months. Thanks.
These are awesome! Love the personal projects too Big Grin
Prince - 104
Ragnar - 32
Odin - 20
Thor - 32
War Marshall - 27
Loki - 35
Princess - 10
Queen Lagertha - 1
Field Marshall Roghvatr - 1

2.11.18 - Imperial Halfplate - Red
2.21.18 - Rupturers
6.10.18 - Wulfsbane
6.11.18 - Halogi's Torch
3.02.21 - Gothic Sallet
Please put in less effort in the future or nobody can compete Sad
[Image: b8ecae23634dacfd46af0f9d4412ff1d.png]
I took a large break from modeling as finals took me, but I plan to come back in full force. While I was gone, I attempted to learn a new texturing program, Substance Painter. I might not be making as many models while I am learning this program, but hopefully, my quality will rise once I learn more. Here's some of my starting work in the program:

M1911:
https://sketchfab.com/models/a639fd902a8...85722c5cdf

M1919 Browning (Modeled a long time ago, now textured):
https://sketchfab.com/models/3b939e27c96...53bea2ccd9

Norse Sword (has Celtic markings Huh)
https://sketchfab.com/models/05a76673665...a18a360963

Ring-Pommeled Sword
https://sketchfab.com/models/2284b4aa614...c5fdb845b8

Most of the texturing you do in Substance Painter is PBR, or Physically-Based Rendering. It relies heavily on reflection, gloss, normal and height maps to give a more realistic approach to metallic things, such as swords or guns. Unfortunately, Warband doesn't support PBR (to my knowledge), so I'll have to figure out how to use Substance Painter to make things the old fashioned way, with the 3 diffuse, specular and normal maps. It is possible, but I just don't know how to do it yet. If I get something in-game, I'll update this post. Thanks.

Edit: Bannerlord supports PBR. Yay!
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
(22-05-2018, 09:49 AM)Terath Wrote: PBR

Pabst Blue Ribbon
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
I haven't posted on this page in a while, seeing as how I don't really need to any more, but I'd like to start posting previews of some of my work before its actually released so that people can give opinions and get acquainted with changes and stuff before it suddenly comes out and their whole aesthetic is ruined or something.

So: Lately I've been really pushing myself to learn how to fully create an armor set from beginning to end, as I'm pretty unacquainted with making armor pieces from start to finish. I've dabbled in making armor before, mostly with gloves, boots and helmets, but I tend to stay away from body armor as weight painting and rigging is really not fun. Even so, I've forced myself through this as to work on my shortcomings.

The armor set I created was designed directly from Goblin Slayer's armor from Goblin Slayer, in which Goblin Slayer slays goblins in the anime Goblin Slayer. Get it?
I wanted to use an established set of armor because I thought it would be easier to create from that rather than trying to make an entirely new set of armor from scratch. My next armor set will most likely be entirely from scratch as to get comfortable with making entire sets of armor.
I started from the bottom and worked my way upwards by making the boots first, then the body armor and then the helmet. In total, these three models combined took around 14 hours from start to finish. I tried to get all pieces as accurate as possible to the source material, so I spent extra time on the details. If I'm being totally honest, the body armor wasn't the hardest part - it was the helmet. That helmet's general shape and weirdly shaped layered plates really fucked me up for a solid two hours trying to figure out how to fit it around the bascinet. I've never been super great at texturing, which is in part due to my (continued) usage of paint.net in stubborn refusal to relearn everything in Photoshop even though I know the program is better, and this model made me feel a little better about that. I'm really proud of how this model turned out, and if you don't feel the same that's fine too.

This is a warning to all those who currently use the juggernaut house craftable body armor: it is most likely getting replaced by this set. Seeing as how Juggernaut needs a full house craftable armor set and a replacement for the current body armor's lackluster model, I am most likely going to give it to Juggernaut, even if the armor itself isn't super heavy armored and protective. I want to dedicate more time to filling gaps in hero class items and otherwise, and I feel like this is a strong start.

https://sketchfab.com/models/483acab0694...b11ba9f615
Note: The black around the plume of the helmet and around the fur in the neck area of the armor does not appear in-game.

Speaking of those hero class gaps, I've started working on a house craftable and personal craftable tower shields that will also be placeable like the Tower Shield. Pavise got the short end of the stick when all of the items were shifted, and hopefully the class will be much more accessible after the two shields are added. I've only finished one so far, the personal crafted one. I will post the house crafted one here when I finish it. Here it is (sorry, but it's pictures this time around (ignore the yellow dot in the center)):
[Image: O3N4ACN.png][Image: QfYKDIE.png]

I've been thinking of creating a house-crafted Sniper-locked one handed sword. I don't think it's currently an item, as I don't really care to check, but if it isn't one I'd like there to be. There's a personal crafted one (Steel Reaver) and a legendary one (Wulfsbane). In terms of visual style, I was thinking something thin, medium length and fancy, so I'm thinking something like a schiavona, which is I believe a basket-hilt sword. They have some really sick looking guards / handles and I think a weapon like that would be cool for an archer to have on their hip.
As an aside, I'm also thinking of remodeling Wulfsbane. I don't want to completely turn the weapon into something else, but keep it in the same style it is, just with way better texture quality and a cleaner / better looking / fancier model.

That's pretty much it. I haven't had a ton of time to work on models in the past couple of months, as I have just finished my first semester of college, but I have some free time inbetween now and when the new semester starts so I hope to get a considerable amount of work done then. Most of my work might go unseen for a while, however, as it is being put into a huge project that for the time being is not supposed to be revealed. Maybe someone can guess what it is? Thanks.

Edit: Also, looking into Tracker Gloves.
(04-01-2019, 07:18 PM)Terath Wrote: I haven't posted on this page in a while, seeing as how I don't really need to any more, but I'd like to start posting previews of some of my work before its actually released so that people can give opinions and get acquainted with changes and stuff before it suddenly comes out and their whole aesthetic is ruined or something.

So: Lately I've been really pushing myself to learn how to fully create an armor set from beginning to end, as I'm pretty unacquainted with making armor pieces from start to finish. I've dabbled in making armor before, mostly with gloves, boots and helmets, but I tend to stay away from body armor as weight painting and rigging is really not fun. Even so, I've forced myself through this as to work on my shortcomings.

The armor set I created was designed directly from Goblin Slayer's armor from Goblin Slayer, in which Goblin Slayer slays goblins in the anime Goblin Slayer. Get it?
I wanted to use an established set of armor because I thought it would be easier to create from that rather than trying to make an entirely new set of armor from scratch. My next armor set will most likely be entirely from scratch as to get comfortable with making entire sets of armor.
I started from the bottom and worked my way upwards by making the boots first, then the body armor and then the helmet. In total, these three models combined took around 14 hours from start to finish. I tried to get all pieces as accurate as possible to the source material, so I spent extra time on the details. If I'm being totally honest, the body armor wasn't the hardest part - it was the helmet. That helmet's general shape and weirdly shaped layered plates really fucked me up for a solid two hours trying to figure out how to fit it around the bascinet. I've never been super great at texturing, which is in part due to my (continued) usage of paint.net in stubborn refusal to relearn everything in Photoshop even though I know the program is better, and this model made me feel a little better about that. I'm really proud of how this model turned out, and if you don't feel the same that's fine too.

This is a warning to all those who currently use the juggernaut house craftable body armor: it is most likely getting replaced by this set. Seeing as how Juggernaut needs a full house craftable armor set and a replacement for the current body armor's lackluster model, I am most likely going to give it to Juggernaut, even if the armor itself isn't super heavy armored and protective. I want to dedicate more time to filling gaps in hero class items and otherwise, and I feel like this is a strong start.

https://sketchfab.com/models/483acab0694...b11ba9f615
Note: The black around the plume of the helmet and around the fur in the neck area of the armor does not appear in-game.

Speaking of those hero class gaps, I've started working on a house craftable and personal craftable tower shields that will also be placeable like the Tower Shield. Pavise got the short end of the stick when all of the items were shifted, and hopefully the class will be much more accessible after the two shields are added. I've only finished one so far, the personal crafted one. I will post the house crafted one here when I finish it. Here it is (sorry, but it's pictures this time around (ignore the yellow dot in the center)):
[Image: O3N4ACN.png][Image: QfYKDIE.png]

I've been thinking of creating a house-crafted Sniper-locked one handed sword. I don't think it's currently an item, as I don't really care to check, but if it isn't one I'd like there to be. There's a personal crafted one (Steel Reaver) and a legendary one (Wulfsbane). In terms of visual style, I was thinking something thin, medium length and fancy, so I'm thinking something like a schiavona, which is I believe a basket-hilt sword. They have some really sick looking guards / handles and I think a weapon like that would be cool for an archer to have on their hip.
As an aside, I'm also thinking of remodeling Wulfsbane. I don't want to completely turn the weapon into something else, but keep it in the same style it is, just with way better texture quality and a cleaner / better looking / fancier model.

That's pretty much it. I haven't had a ton of time to work on models in the past couple of months, as I have just finished my first semester of college, but I have some free time inbetween now and when the new semester starts so I hope to get a considerable amount of work done then. Most of my work might go unseen for a while, however, as it is being put into a huge project that for the time being is not supposed to be revealed. Maybe someone can guess what it is? Thanks.

Edit: Also, looking into Tracker Gloves.
I think the armor looks kinda good but ...I do not think that fits into the game in a good way, it look way to much fantasy and unreal, sry i dnt like it
21.5.17 Ornate Bascinet
8.3.19   Volundr Greatsword
3.5.19   Dark Gothic Plate

Upgraded Legendarys
C-Leviathan´s Guard
BH-Defender Helmet
C-Volundr Greatsword
B-Gothic Greaves
C-Rupturer
C-Mortifer
C-Malice

My Shop: https://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread.php?tid=67919
My Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198211997384/

a good Anvil does not fear the hammer
I like the armor, its not like adding somes armor and weapons from fantasy will destroy the game. if its a texture change why not make an option to choose which skin you put for your armor?
Kentoc'h mervel eget bezañ saotret