Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Terath's models
Models are bad,textures aren't better.Sorry if I seem rude, but it's honest comment, without sweet words
As free as an eagle in the sky...
My chars
Headhunters_FireTroll-46 lvl commando+xbow
[DP]FireGoblin-45 lvl sniper+inf
Headhunters_FireOrc-21 lvl heavy crossbowman
DP_FireOgre-43 lvl pikeman
[Image: 21076638.png]
Just for future reference, Art2X, going up and posting that everything someone did is bad and not providing any feedback on how to improve will always seem rude :I

Terath, this is a great start and you've grown a lot since your first models..... y'know, the ones that we shouldn't ever talk about XD  However, to be honest, there are a few things you could do that would greatly improve the quality of these models.

1.  The actual model for the Gold Bolts is nice, now you just need a better texture for them and possibly a model for them when they are all together in a neat little back on your hip.

2.  The swords need more curves, man!  The blade of the Quicksilver is nice, but the curve on Credulity really takes away from the overall model.  The inward curving would make it a weak weapon that would bend and/or break easily.  If it were a smaller overall curve it would probably look a bit better.  You could also possibly make the curve start further down the sword.  Where it is now just looks awkward.  A really thin 2h weapon isn't the most reliable weapon in the world.

3.  Credence is a nice looking sword overall, but I feel like it would look even better if you lengthened the blade and made IT a 2h or bastard sword instead.  The way it  is now, it seems too thick and compact.

4.  Audacity is... well.. audacious.  It is a short, thick, and blunt little sword and to be honest I like it.

5.  Sacrosanct... I love it.  Now it just needs some pretty textures :3

Oh my... It seems Art2X has tricked me into giving an actual review on this... XD
Keep doing this Terath! I think you've made lots of progress. Smile
CC_Sir_Yabu - lvl 52 Wielder of the Rectal Glory
CC_Dr_Yabu - lvl 52 Pokémon
CC_Yabu_the_Hutt - lvl 52 Space Mob Member
CC_Yabudabadoo - lvl 39 Pacifist
CC_Dyabu_Unchained - lvl 10 No Comment
Visit my shop IKEY!
And as for you, Terath, keep up the good work! Watching you get better at this has made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside Tongue
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
Some more work needs to be put into the guards of the swords. I would caution on how thick you make those guards, since they look a bit weird.

That's not to mention that if you really do want to fancy designs for swords, you're better off putting a lot of time and effort into making them look really good, otherwise it will give off a tacky impression. The sun pike is one such example- it is exceptionally fancy, but the work has been done on it to make it actually look clean enough for it to be convincing.

Otherwise just keep it simple. It's far better to look like an appropriate chicken rather than a horribly mutated cow-thing. In particular, I'm talking about the credence, if you just take off those "wings" at the ends of the guard, it would be a very good looking sword. The best part of that sword, as well as the credulity is that you tapered the broadness of the blade itself. The first two blades for example, the point of the sword ends very abruptly in connection with the rest of the blade. It produces a feeling that it might not work very well in a stab given that the amount of resistance is uneven.

In any case, you might want to watch out for excess polygons in some of the models,
#20108       SK_Iron_Marauder ;  Previously SK_Iron, SK_Ironhill, SB_Ironhill, Swadius_of_Ironhills
#2462148    SK_Mica ; Previously Fat_and_Ugly
#2441007    SK_Royal_Guard_Gneiss ; Previously SK_Herr_Gneiss_Preasts
#2451456    SK_Hardy_Meat_Piston
#2432942    Raicho
#2514714    Ric_Flair

(18-12-2012, 11:18 AM)Swadius link Wrote:Some more work needs to be put into the guards of the swords. I would caution on how thick you make those guards, since they look a bit weird.

That's not to mention that if you really do want to fancy designs for swords, you're better off putting a lot of time and effort into making them look really good, otherwise it will give off a tacky impression. The sun pike is one such example- it is exceptionally fancy, but the work has been done on it to make it actually look clean enough for it to be convincing.

Otherwise just keep it simple. It's far better to look like an appropriate chicken rather than a horribly mutated cow-thing. In particular, I'm talking about the credence, if you just take off those "wings" at the ends of the guard, it would be a very good looking sword. The best part of that sword, as well as the credulity is that you tapered the broadness of the blade itself. The first two blades for example, the point of the sword ends very abruptly in connection with the rest of the blade. It produces a feeling that it might not work very well in a stab given that the amount of resistance is uneven.

In any case, you might want to watch out for excess polygons in some of the models,

^ That is how to give constructive criticism.
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
Just wondering; how many polygons does your average model have?

also:

http://mbmodwiki.ollclan.eu/Custom_Items...g_Open_Brf

Worth seeing how your models look ingame Big Grin
Nothing is impossible, it's just a matter of determination and probability.

2nd Knight forever!

No longer active.
Tidied this thread up. Art2x, watch it, you're on thin ice for a muting. Go read the forum etiquette guide, google "how to be polite" and learn how to converse politely.

These are getting better Terath. I know how awkward it is to start modelling, I spent days smashing my face off my monitor! Keep up the good work Smile
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus
Just made a new sword after a 4-month leave from Blender. I don't know why I stopped, but I did. :p.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
Nice to see you're still working. Just took a quick peep (and sorry I never mentioned it before) but it looks like the handles on almost all of your swords are just a tiny bit too short!
Give a man a fish, and you have fed him for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will continue fishing even if you give him a fish.
- Fingus