Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

I am a modder, I developed a dynamic wave generation system last year.
(25-05-2016, 12:14 PM)Lirania Wrote: Hell maybe add different attack locations which are randomly rotated through. Where you maybe get some seconds to move over to the Area, just like in Orcs must die,if anyone knows that game.

Never played that game, but you're talking about different bot spawns, so more than 1 or 2, right? Pretty interesting idea as well, but many of current NI maps might be to small and narrow. 
Switching spawns will make it even more challenging for the team, as everyone really needs to participate, especially if maps won't give good possibilities for a base with shieldwall etc. Just imagine a slightly modified Cav map, that doesn't have a proper shielding spot.
TH_Blade - Master Peltast
TH_Blade_III - Chosen Marksman
TH_Blade_IV - Royal Guard
TH_Kenshin - Zweihander
TH_Sirzechs - Sentinel
TH_Anahera - Aventurier
TH_Rikudou_Sennin - Halberdier

A random person: "We should resurrect Hitler with a tome and send him to Syria to defeat the IS"
(25-05-2016, 12:45 PM)GrafBlade Wrote:
(25-05-2016, 12:14 PM)Lirania Wrote: Hell maybe add different attack locations which are randomly rotated through. Where you maybe get some seconds to move over to the Area, just like in Orcs must die,if anyone knows that game.

Never played that game, but you're talking about different bot spawns, so more than 1 or 2, right? Pretty interesting idea as well, but many of current NI maps might be to small and narrow. 
Switching spawns will make it even more challenging for the team, as everyone really needs to participate, especially if maps won't give good possibilities for a base with shieldwall etc. Just imagine a slightly modified Cav map, that doesn't have a proper shielding spot.

Well to get it a more clear taking Orcs must die as an example.
Its a mix of tower defense and third person shooter.
You have a Portal which you have to protect from Orcs,they spawn from different Locations using different paths. So you have to spread your defensive buildings around on the paths and move around. But that means we would need more cades aswell.

Not sure how this could get balanced. Its just a idea anyways.

They say im a devil, but they haven´t seen the true Fire burning.

[Image: 76561198004611878.png]
Only thing I would suggest is to have it so the harder bots cannot be randomly spawned until halfway through the game or so to prevent something like siege masters and jotnes on wave 5 or Veteran Pikemen on wave 7. Other than that this will def make games a lot less stale.
[Image: 5OL0wry.png]

[Image: D7W32lN.jpg]

(25-05-2016, 12:50 PM)Sigolo Wrote: Only thing I would suggest is to have it so the harder bots cannot be randomly spawned until halfway through the game or so to prevent something like siege masters and jotnes on wave 5 or Veteran Pikemen on wave 7. Other than that this will def make games a lot less stale.
As i can say,the point of this is,to be very challenging.(atleast i think so!) So i would say throw Jotnes at us. Give that mode a lvl 52 cap.
We are not talking about 50 Jotnes on wave 4...maybe 6 or so.
I hope its gonna be heavily team based.

They say im a devil, but they haven´t seen the true Fire burning.

[Image: 76561198004611878.png]
I have more to add, so i propose the game mode be called Vahalla, and it is a full day of fighting, where all the dead nords and nord leaders return to the battle field in the after life, featuring a much longer battle, more diversity in difficulties.

Yes harder bots can be saved for later rounds, it can still be modded to get progressively harder.

Yes it would have to be it's own server, new game mode altogether.

I can send kip the code, he can see if it is interesting enough.

What makes my style unique, is how are managed to splice and merge variables, using random in range, and other operations to select units out of one single pool, it can be modifed to have many different pools, and also can be configured to ignore non essential units once they have already joined the fight / bosses. Ending could be after every boss has joined the fight, than bam the day of fighting in valhalla ends, and everyone feasts.
Warband Modder / Scener
Unity 3D Developer
Unreal 4 Developer

[WCS] WITCHCORESTUDIOS: Owner / Lead Developer

Current Standalone in progress: Warborn [ Medieval, Survival, Sandbox, MMO ] Assembled using Unity 3D 5

Contact for anything regarding anything: [STEAM]: [WCS] Warborn  [eMAIL]: witchcorestudios@gmail.com
(25-05-2016, 05:19 PM)[WCS] Warborn Wrote: Valhalla

[Image: ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and-rec.gif]

In all seriousness though, the code sounds neat, but Valhalla has been suggested so many times I'm pretty sure I just hate the word now.
Idea sounds neat, but as always, a whole new gamemode with that much stuff in it sounds like a whole lot of work for not a lot of gain. 

Your personal code sounds also neat, and I'd be fine if it was a new gamemode, but with the 'Valhalla' that you suggested, you would not also need code, but brand new models, textures, maps, webcode, etc. I understand that the idea would be cool, but resources and time are both factors here.

I am for a harder gamemode though. Sounds nice neat.

As long as it isn't called Valhalla.

Edit: Just realized how many times I said neat. Neat.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
I'd like to try this out, sounds good. Big Grin
Yeah i get your point, though this does not require models, but i would like to create some custom troops, some more bosses. Would also like to see the player cap increased to 32, i could provide a server, cheap, that could handle it. For a single server I had great luck with fragnet's single core linux boxes. I was able to run persistent world, with 180+ players, and zero cpu lag for around 30 a month, since i know the AI along with barricades and a player increase to 32, would need strong hardware.

Mainly I wonder if I could have permission to create it, and have some tests in the NI community to see if it is viable, and will cause some great fun to happen, different than we are used to, but compatible with the main game.

I am also a scener, and have met more sceners here in the community. NI maps to me would be fun, since i am used to creating very large persistent world maps, and it can get quite tedious.

All in all, I would create all of this on my own if kip and everyone would give me permission to make a NI branch for this, to so the mode will be completely compatible with the mod, and not just a small test. Itching for some code work, though i cannot make a whole mod on my own very feature rich since i am not a modeler.

So I would make a new mission, and add my wave script, and the larger part of the process is connecting all the enemy troops to a variable to be used with my wave script, would take me 1-2 days to complete. Probably scene and all I could have a public test done for saturday or sunday, if i started today or tomorrow. Need to start sending pm's i guess.
Warband Modder / Scener
Unity 3D Developer
Unreal 4 Developer

Current Standalone in progress: Warborn [ Medieval, Survival, Sandbox, MMO ] Assembled using Unity 3D 5

Contact for anything regarding anything: [STEAM]: [WCS] Warborn  [eMAIL]: witchcorestudios@gmail.com
PM away. If you think it won't be much work, nothing's stopping ya.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
yeah i pm'd kip, i would prefer to rewrite it in compliance with current NI, meaning i need kip to make me a typical blank mission spot, since my code probably handles rounds different.

Just waiting to hear back, all the work is converting the NI troops into unique integers. My system causes compile warnings, since it essentially predicts the future, the module system thinks there are unused global variables, so it is not pretty, but the system works.

I feel the current system of 20 rounds, makes character progression hard, and it would be awesome to have a dynamic, limitless game type, and I want to opt in for larger fights, more bots, more players, and i feel i know how to handle it hardware wise.

Just waiting to hear back from someone, but it would not take me long to get a demo ready, just need the NI files and new mission in compliance with NI's troop and player system, since currently it is coded to work with just native units from campaign.
Warband Modder / Scener
Unity 3D Developer
Unreal 4 Developer