Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

The lack of respect for new players.
(13-07-2016, 08:34 PM)Winter Wrote:
(13-07-2016, 07:21 PM)ChuckyD Wrote: Maybe a reward for inviting new players, or something that can help spread the word of NI... Whelp, maybe we should just wait for bannerlords...

There used to be a referral system that rewarded you with a whole 1000 gold per player using your referral code... lol

It wouldn't be too hard to bring back a referral system with a slightly cooler reward, I think.  Tiered rewards, perhaps?
All gold adds up at the end even if you just added a 0 on the end of that number some people would do it. 
If there were different rewards for how much people you do making the end one something like a nord item that can be used you will get people like me wanting to do it. 

You could you lvl up a id without even doing 1 run lol 
[Image: eee5a20d1402adc2739a9320a4f593a2.png]

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(13-07-2016, 07:43 PM)Monstersti Wrote:
(13-07-2016, 02:25 PM)HOF_Justice_Peltast Wrote:
(13-07-2016, 02:21 PM)Ribbed Wrote:
(13-07-2016, 02:16 PM)HOF_Justice_Peltast Wrote:
(13-07-2016, 02:14 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: Enjoy the normal events Wink

That's OK for me and my entire house, at least "Redshirts" will enjoy events Smile

It's just not sustainable, as players progress they won't be interested in setting aside 3hours of their day to play normals at a specific time.

We will figure it out Smile

I would go to normal events anyday >.> can fuck around for 95% of the time and only need to cade for wave 20

Wait, rag event actually requires me to do stuff? Oh dear, I'd better stop parcouring on Graubergen.
(13-07-2016, 09:15 PM)Woody Wrote:
(13-07-2016, 08:34 PM)Winter Wrote: Tiered rewards, perhaps?
If there were different rewards for how much people you do

That is what tiered rewards means.

At 5000 assist XP per account and requiring approximately 700k experience for level 52, you'd need 1.4m assist XP even if you were dumping into melee XP, which would be 280 referrals. If you were to only go for level 32, which requires approximately 120k experience total, it would require 48 referrals.

Blah blah rewards. Maybe the developers will talk about what rewards they like the idea of if this is ever reworked. I don't know if the old system is currently working properly due to the large amounts of reorganization of the database.

This is just a tangent, though. Has the main topic of this thread been thoroughly discussed?
(13-07-2016, 08:32 PM)ON_Glenn Wrote: I remember that idea. I also remember that the event went pretty well.

Maybe a nice feature to repeat this event.
Actually, all that is required to do so is a small group of heroes able to shield for the team and supply it with top tier support items. Then it's just enough to join a normal server, go spec and wait for low tier players to fill the spots.

The problem for new players to win the run is that they haven't got gear and skill to hold enemy long enough, no tomes to save the run when it's close to a wipe and too low the DPS. The NI Team created the Beginner difficulty to lower the bar, which IMO is a great idea, still I do not see Beginner runs too often, unfortunately. I think the trouble is the newbies prefer to join a Normal run since it gives more XP and then they can't handle it if there are no veterans to carry. Then when they fail several times in a row they get weary.

The conclusion is: get 3 or 4 veteran friends via Steam to join a Normal run together, nothing special required, best help to newbies is simply a public run with a good chance to succeed.

EDIT:
@ Winter and Woody: perhaps that's stupid but maybe there should be a medal award for those who recruit new players? You know, like there used to be mvp medals for official events... 1k gold is probably not very apealing (especially to vets with 100m+ budgets), a badge of appreciation might be more rewarding for some, just for some satisfaction. It might also be worth a moment of consideration if not to establish a medal award / title / whatsoever for a general engagement in the community, promoting the values, helping others etc.
Well I'm glad to see that my guide has stirred up some discussion about it. Even if some of it is negative, I'm still glad to see that people have read it and have an opinion worth sharing. I just want to say a few things.

First, it was completely satirical. If you didn't check my profile to see the other guides that I made (with the exception of one for Chivalry), then you would fail to see that I have made other guides like these in the past. I didn't mean to target one group of people to make them seem like awful people. I targeted them because they are new and aren't used to the way the game goes, which can lead to some rather comical and unfortunate events in servers.

Second, none of my guide was made because of "elitism." I realize now seeing that I glorified the rich with the shiny things, but that was all for the purpose of giving the guide content and putting more there for somebody to read and have a good laugh. I had no intention of putting down those who aren't "people with shiny things."

Third, I'm not upset to see a bad reaction to the guide but I don't enjoy being labeled as toxic. If that's how you see it then so be it. I'm glad to see that people have an opinion to share. This guide was meant for people to read something for their entertainment and to also gain more attention for NI. I thoroughly enjoy the mod and I would love to see more people playing it. I wanted to make another guide and I figured a guide for NI would be perfect.

Hopefully this wall of text doesn't lead to me being lynched by an angry mob labeling me as "toxic." I haven't been on in a while but I'm glad to see that people still find my guide relevant Smile  I meant no disrespect for new players
My avatar isn't just a mango
It's a magnificent mango

http://steamcommunity.com/id/An_Innocent_Animal/
All clear, if anyone had any doubts I believe Augustine dispelled them.
What I might suggest for the future is that if anyone writes something that is intended as humorous, but perhaps it could lead some ppl to miss the point and rise controversies, maybe it's the best way to add short statement in the end to avoid misunderstanding.

EDIT: I've just checked the said guide and what you can see in the preamble is: "(...) This completely non-serious yet potentially useful guide (...)" and at the end: "(...) This guide was not meant to mock, insult, or bully anyone who is discovering or enjoying this game. This is just a fun guide made by me for others enjoyment (...)" Wink