Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Ethics and Being a Good Person
(23-07-2016, 02:44 AM)Ribbed Wrote:
(23-07-2016, 12:27 AM)Malong Wrote:
(23-07-2016, 12:16 AM)Ribbed Wrote:
(22-07-2016, 07:42 PM)Malong Wrote: "Linguistic acrobatics" like what you just performed to arbitrarily redefine "moral?" Thanks for the double standard. Wink.

Even still, it's simply not the definition of "ethics."

You're just being annoying and pushing thread off topic. Seriously, nobody but you cares.

Nobody cares but the people who replied and quoted me or the reply that quoted me. But I'm not particularly surprised that someone who can't use logic in math (average out the mean guys!) finds the use of logic on forums to be "annoying."

I was unaware that logic required you to be an asshole all of the time. Thanks for the insight.

No, that's the cynicism which usually comes accompanied by it. Nonetheless, I'd rather be right and an "asshole" than wrong to the point of restoring to ad hominem attacks.

On topic though, why should one have to suppress their feelings to be fake nice and spare others theirs? Not being out of line is one thing, but maybe people should not be so dependent on others' views of them and form their own sense of self worth.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
(20-07-2016, 03:10 PM)CaptOle Wrote: (...) I needed to post this in order to bring attention to some of the actions and words that are said throughout NI that damages the community and creates a less than friendly atmosphere. (...) treat everyone in the community as your equal (...)
(20-07-2016, 08:10 PM)Lirania Wrote: For alot of people,this game seems more then just "a game" sinking 10k hours into it already tells it.
(20-07-2016, 08:41 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: (...) I'm still here to have fun, not to get offended (...)
(20-07-2016, 08:44 PM)Fury Wrote: (...) I would like the community to be wanting to help (...)
(20-07-2016, 09:12 PM)[UK]_Kaas Wrote: (...) So generally I would love to see more acceptance (...)
(20-07-2016, 10:39 PM)CaptOle Wrote: (...) give a little empathy and put yourself in someone else's shoes.
(took out of context a bit, but) very much that, instead of that "logic" on forum as well  as in game, if you please.
I'm glad to see so many ppl willing to make this (already great) community event better as apparently there's still some room for improvement. Perhaps the right way to go for all of us before we take an action is to take a second to think if it's not going to be rude towards others. Then many conflict situation can be avoided as it's simply not worth it.

Cyber-space with its anonimity is where some ppl might often attempt to build up their self-esteem or escape their complexes and fears. It is human and understandable to get the feeling of being superior in some areas and feel the pride of your abilities or achievements, either it's your gear ingame or a gift of words on forum. But it's much more the proof of your strength to remain humble than to show up. Therefore, before putting some words of critic let's ask ourselves: is it the guy really doing something wrong and might avail from some guidance or is it me who wants to feel (possibly imaginary) superior?

(23-07-2016, 02:47 AM)Bobo Wrote: (took out of context a bit, but) very much that, instead of that "logic" on forum as well  as in game, if you please.

I'm glad to see so many ppl willing to make this (already great) community event better as apparently there's still some room for improvement. Perhaps the right way to go for all of us before we take an action is to take a second to think if it's not going to be rude towards others. Then many conflict situation can be avoided as it's simply not worth it. 

Cyber-space with its anonimity is where some ppl might often attempt to build up their self-esteem or escape their complexes and fears. It is human and understandable to get the feeling of being superior in some areas and feel the pride of your abilities or achievements, either it's your gear ingame or a gift of words on forum. But it's much more the proof of your strength to remain humble than to show up. Therefore, before putting some words of critic let's ask ourselves: is it the guy really doing something wrong and might avail from some guidance or is it me who wants to feel (possibly imaginary) superior?
So you would rather a user not defend their points nor counter other points? By the way, you attempted exactly the latter with this post, and it blew up in your face. So thanks for another instance of your hypocrisy. Would you really rather no counter argument ever be posted and people just take the last reply built on fallacies to be the conclusion?

In all seriousness, if you want to contribute to a discussion without fear of being picked apart: stop posting points that can be disproven, and think more before posting. Why people want to be proud of ignorance and celebrate lack of understanding of proofs is really beyond me.

Funny how the "reply" of the year basically admitted he was wrong by having to resort to insulting me instead of making a point and using his brain. I accept your apologies.

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
(23-07-2016, 11:37 AM)Malong Wrote: and think more before posting.

Before you judge about others,you should first work on yourself.

They say im a devil, but they haven´t seen the true Fire burning.

[Image: 76561198004611878.png]
(23-07-2016, 11:45 AM)Lirania Wrote:

Disprove a point I've made.

(23-07-2016, 11:47 AM)Malong Wrote:

Basically every single post. Seems like you aren´t even interested into trying to makes this Community more attractive to newer Players at all.
Discussing with you is a waste of time anyways.

(23-07-2016, 11:51 AM)Lirania Wrote: Discussing with you is a waste of time anyways.
Agreed. You just make yourself look stupid.
(23-07-2016, 11:51 AM)Lirania Wrote:

Basically every single post. Seems like you aren´t even interested into trying to makes this Community more attractive to newer Players at all.
So the typical "I'm right. I just am, but can't prove it." Got it!

(23-07-2016, 07:20 AM)Bobo Wrote:
(20-07-2016, 03:10 PM)CaptOle Wrote: (...) I needed to post this in order to bring attention to some of the actions and words that are said throughout NI that damages the community and creates a less than friendly atmosphere. (...) treat everyone in the community as your equal (...)
(20-07-2016, 08:10 PM)Lirania Wrote: For alot of people,this game seems more then just "a game" sinking 10k hours into it already tells it.
(20-07-2016, 08:41 PM)Kaasovic Wrote: (...) I'm still here to have fun, not to get offended (...)
(20-07-2016, 08:44 PM)Fury Wrote: (...) I would like the community to be wanting to help (...)
(20-07-2016, 09:12 PM)[UK]_Kaas Wrote: (...) So generally I would love to see more acceptance (...)
(20-07-2016, 10:39 PM)CaptOle Wrote: (...) give a little empathy and put yourself in someone else's shoes.
(took out of context a bit, but) very much that, instead of that "logic" on forum as well  as in game, if you please.

Cyber-space with its anonimity is where some ppl might often attempt to build up their self-esteem or escape their complexes and fears. It is human and understandable to get the feeling of being superior in some areas and feel the pride of your abilities or achievements, either it's your gear ingame or a gift of words on forum. But it's much more the proof of your strength to remain humble than to show up. Therefore, before putting some words of critic let's ask ourselves: is it the guy really doing something wrong and might avail from some guidance or is it me who wants to feel (possibly imaginary) superior?

I can only agree on all of this.If people would loose their hatred behaviour to newer players,it would end in much less fights.

I also read "get a thicker skin" multiple times,that statement is complete bullshit. People use the internet and gaming to escape issues and other problems,as Bobo already said.
I am doing that aswell,for me it really helps against my depression.And i can handle various insults and all the "nice" words i often get to hear. But some just can´t and its up to us to actually show some Empathy,shouldn´t be so hard i guess...but then after reading a few comments i can tell,some are just not capabel of showing Empathy.
But its also up to the newer Players to take fine Criticism without raging in the Chat.

(23-07-2016, 12:00 PM)Malong Wrote:
(23-07-2016, 11:51 AM)Lirania Wrote:

So the typical "I'm right. I just am, but can't prove it." Got it!
Your "hopping onto a thread and pushing it off Topic" isn´t any better. Jump of your Throne you´re not any better.

PCK made a few points which are all true, as harsh as it may seem to you super sensitive guys. Try to find a post of his that isn´t logical, where you can prove that he didn´t think about it. You probably can´t (prove me wrong). So accept his opinion, don´t be butthurt by it and stop trying to fight him, you won´t change his opinion that way. You are getting off topic and as CaptOle already said, keep his topic clean from crap please.