Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

In Regurds to Map Changes
As it has been brought up a lot, especially of recent changes, I figured id make a post about why, at least I, change some maps/ feel some need changed.

The point of the game is to have fun, however some maps are not fun, or downright frustrating/boring to play. A map that has become so easy to beat that one can literally play and win, while paying little to no attention to the game, I feel should be changed in order to have gameplay be more enveloping and require more thought. Some maps, however, have the opposite problem, where no matter what you do the map never seems to go right. These maps should get changed as to allow people to have multiple ways to win, and not cause players to tear their hair out trying to beat the game simply because the map isn't very team friendly.

As of recent the map "Graubergen" was reverted back to an older version. This was done because the map had the first issue, where it was so easy a player didn't really have to play to win. While I can say I have changed the version for next patch so it will be getting some more options, the change was to stop events where the only map being played was Graubergen.

A lot of the counter points to this is people saying "we will always play the fastest map" or "there will always be one like this". I personally don't agree as I usually want to experience a variety of maps and actually have fun playing during events. While yes, some maps will always be easier to beat, a lot of the time its just a small amount of difficulty separating the maps. Maps like Graubergen and Kings Castleyard however were so easy that they were complete able 4 times in an event. So they get changed. While yes, sometimes maps get changed to be really easy, its just that, a change. Maps arnt set in stone, with a game like Nord Invasion, things get changed to keep everything lively. This means, for maps, that they are constantly evolving, being edited, changed, or sometimes added/removed. This is just part of the game.

In closing, maps change, while it may seem like an inconvenience, I can honestly say that no map is changed to purposely make it bad.
Map Thread
[Image: 76561198038983603.png]
Bane of the Germans
Email: midren@nordinvasion.com
2015-07-14 Knight Helmet
2015-08-01 Gothic Plate
2017-12-08 Black Arrows
2018-05-25 Tempest
2019-09-01 Dragon Spear
I´ve been quite inactive here.But what i get from this post is that people are upset about maps getting changed into something bad?

They say im a devil, but they haven´t seen the true Fire burning.

[Image: 76561198004611878.png]
Come to think of it why don't you make ones that are like Graubergen but you need a lot of cades or you need big amo box for thor etc idk.

We want the fastest map for more than 75% of events we will always find it even if we need a lot of cades and teamwork to make it work we would do it still.

Hyper's Hell could be a good example. It a small map if those 2 walls were not there like the 1 year ago but made the hall way on a angle so the ranged could not see well into spawn that would make it not as fast. Then if you made a cade spot behind that had amo and health etc but it too far away to heal?

It hard to explain but it could be done.

Frost haven not a bad map other than having like 5 spots for ranged it what we would want.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(21-07-2016, 03:33 AM)Woody Wrote: Come to think of it why don't you make ones that are like Graubergen but you need a lot of cades or you need big amo box for thor etc idk.

We want the fastest map for more than 75% of events we will always find it even if we need a lot of cades and teamwork to make it work we would do it still.

Hyper's Hell could be a good example. It a small map if those 2 walls were not there like the 1 year ago but made the hall way on a angle so the ranged could not see well into spawn that would make it not as fast. Then if you made a cade spot behind that had amo and health etc but it too far away to heal?

It hard to explain but it could be done.

Frost haven not a bad map other than having like 5 spots for ranged it what we would want.

the point is not that it was too fast, the point was it was too EASY, it took absolutely no effort to bear graubergen in events, so I changed it to require tactics and thinking, the wall is there in hypers hell so that you cant see right into spawn so we don't have "death hallways"
Map Thread
[Image: 76561198038983603.png]
Bane of the Germans
Email: midren@nordinvasion.com
2015-07-14 Knight Helmet
2015-08-01 Gothic Plate
2017-12-08 Black Arrows
2018-05-25 Tempest
2019-09-01 Dragon Spear
*Regards
(21-07-2016, 03:45 AM)Midren Wrote: the point is not that it was too fast, the point was it was too EASY, it took absolutely no effort to bear graubergen in events, so I changed it to require tactics and thinking, the wall is there in hypers hell so that you cant see right into spawn so we don't have "death hallways"
Easy? not even sure if i would say that we wiped a lot of times as you needed cades and 2-3 rgs/slashers add once they got in could not runaway.

I did said in a diffent post make rag harder then not by making maps different but by making the bots better. That way can have maps for both types of events.
Most maps atm can be done with about the same win to lose rasio. It about time most people care about could even post a vote to this post if you don't believe me.

(21-07-2016, 03:33 AM)Woody Wrote: Come to think of it why don't you make ones that are like Graubergen but you need a lot of cades or you need big amo box for thor etc idk.

Because that is what Castleyard was. Before map wide XP. And it made NO difference.

I completely support this change and I will say that i asked for it. I love the version that it is on right now because it allows for a fun open field fighting. I hated the change to a Kill alley, and am very happy with this change.

Before people start in on how its "Unwinnable". VM beat that version on the first try. And if that does not convince you than i will do it again next event.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

Was going to be in my 1st post haha guess i was right
We can't change your mind on this when CC LK and Vm pick maps that others don't.

If this was a community vote i don't think they would be with you.

I must agree with Midren, maps that are too easy to play take away an important part of fun and make the gameplay static and repeatable thus boring. There must be some challenge to provide satisfaction.
Why bother if a house is playing for loot/xp/gold. Its the houses' decision and people who join usually stick around for a couple of runs. I simply dont know what bothers people seeing a map being played over and over again. If you dont like it, stick with the NA events.