Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Noname's 3D Smithy
Noname's 3D Smithy

Hello everyone and welcome to my own little 3D model showcase.
I haven't been working on models consistently in the past few weeks, but I do plan to change that in the near future.
Any (constructive) feedback is appreciated, feel free to hit me up if you have any requests (I'm modelling from scratch).

My strengths are clearly designing models and turning them 3D, texturing is something I'm not a big fan of ^^
3D software: Blender
Texture editor: paint.net

Latest model(s):
Original purpose: Tiger Scale Armour remodel (the current one lacks fur)
WIP:
-adding cloth beneath armour plates
-adding a connecting piece for the belt
-coming up with suitable leg and arm cover
-eventually adding armour plates for the arms
[Image: pNAz5]
[click the image for 3D view]
Image isnt working
I would say i been helping with idea's but ye nice to see this posted so others can see it.

As this is a rare item could put it up to a vote with the people that have it.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
Should be fixed now, I'd had trouble using dropbox pictures before already
Very nice. The chains bother me quite a bit due to either lighting or model clipping issues but it's a great detail nonetheless. The chips in the "blades" are another good detail that I think adds to the allusion of roughness you were going for.

I don't know if the shaft will stay the same size, but the head is quite large, although I wouldn't say unrealistically so. Sure look like they'd do a hell of a lot of damage, though.

Remember that the Rupturers, while they may throw slower than the rest of the high-end legendary throwables, still throw pretty damn fast, which means can't have a front that is too heavy or a very large counterweight at the back. I would add just a simple metal cap at the end of the spear (and a loop to lead the chains) to capitalize on the beauty in simplicity rather than something fancy like another spike or an animal head.

Throwing spears, axes, spears and anything in the polearm category don't really have grips. It makes it hard to either throw or adjust where you're holding the weapon(s), so they're not typically added. You do you though.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
(31-07-2016, 03:23 PM)Noname Wrote:
(29-07-2016, 05:55 PM)Terath Wrote: Remember that the Rupturers, while they may throw slower than the rest of the high-end legendary throwables, still throw pretty damn fast, which means can't have a front that is too heavy or a very large counterweight at the back. I would add just a simple metal cap at the end of the spear (and a loop to lead the chains) to capitalize on the beauty in simplicity rather than something fancy like another spike or an animal head.

Thanks for the feedback, I thought about leading the chains kinda like this:

The only thing I'm missing now is something fitting to suspend the chain (dotted line), that suits the style, but doesn't bring much weight with it. Another option would be to maybe add something like that:

I know I should restrain myself from using any skulls and such, so I'd try making the snakes (that black thingy) wooden ones

I'd really appreciate all further feedback, I'm kinda stuck on what step to take next :p
i find the model looking worst then the one alreaddy exist... just strange ... And with those chains this thing is not even able to fly correctly. So if u want to have these textures also change the accuracy of rups so it is worst then pitch forks...
"fly correctly" you seen twigs and vhta ?

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
Nice work
"fly correctly" you seen twigs and vhta ?

sure... did u saw them ? lel