Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Noname's 3D Smithy
(05-08-2016, 11:56 PM)XXX Wrote: i find the model looking worst then the one alreaddy exist...  just strange ... And with those chains this thing is not even able to fly correctly. So if u want to have these textures also change the accuracy of rups so it is worst then pitch forks...

First off, this thread is meant to generate some constructive feedback. If you don't have any of such, please restrain yourself from posting here.
To enlighten you about the Rupturers, they are already the most inaccurate throwable legendaries there are (higher damage than others + same accuracy as others = worse ingame accuracy). If you're that much into realism, go ahead and tell me how you're carrying wall cades, stabbing with a 3m pike or swinging +50kg hammers for over an hour.
Besides that: Seeing your offensive behaviour in dealing with other people, your opinion certainly is the one for me to care about least. I'm just going to ask you kindly to leave this thread to me and other people that are actually doing something useful.
constructive feedback...

"And with those -->chains<-- this thing is not even able to fly correctly"
Constructive feeback:

Constructive feedback usually involves telling the person what you think they can improve on (without attacking the person) and then providing an example or a suggestion. An example would be "I think this is a weak review because it doesn't really describe the product. Would you consider putting in some more details about the appearance of the item (i.e. color, shine, etc)?"

Once more I'm asking you kindly to just leave this since the only thing you're currently trying to do is justifying your rather hostile actions. If you keep up this kind of "supporting" I'll ask a Moderator for your removal from this thread.
I also do not see a reason to change them. And do not like the chains. I have never seen a throwing weapon anywhere that has chains on it like that and I don't see why they would be put on. What benefit would they give to counter act the weight of them?
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

+1

thanks for putting my constructive feedback in a kind way Seargent... so Noname hopefully understands it ^^
(06-08-2016, 06:39 PM)XXX Wrote: +1

thanks for putting my constructive feedback in a kind way Seargent... so Noname hopefully understands it ^^

Your feedback was the least constructive in the thread, dude. Just looking at your post history shows how badly you treat people with differing opinions and it's kind of disgusting, so I agree on why Noname is refusing to see your "feedback" as such.

Now...

The head of your Rupturers is very beautiful, at least to me. The problem with it, however, is that it is very large: the head itself takes up 1/2 of the whole weapon, and the blades of the head are very, very thick. The weapon's head being this large would also make it ineffective in real life, as to throw a weapon of that size you'd need some insane arm muscles or a ballista (and that might not even be enough). For a head this large, you would also need a very large counterweight - I don't even know how big the counterweight would have to be, but if you plan on sticking with your current head size, you'd have to make your javelin look like a maul at the end. All in all, a quick fix, just use either the current Rupturers model or other javelin models as an example for what a good javelin-head size is, resize, and you should be good to go.

I don't really know what to say about the chains. Sargent Q's post is right; there really isn't any other javelin that has chains on it. While he may not like the chains, I think that makes your model unique and I'd love to see it done correctly if you manage to do it. I don't have any good examples for you, so good luck, I guess.

I'd be really interested on what colors you plan on giving your Rupturers! I feel like the right colors could make this weapon look even more badass.

Cheers
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
He was more worried about getting the idea to people so the feedback could shape it. Other wise why would he post a unfinished work he wants idea's on how to make it better.

(06-08-2016, 09:40 PM)Terath Wrote: I'd be really interested on what colors you plan on giving your Rupturers! I feel like the right colors could make this weapon look even more badass.
Speaking on nonames behalf Fell Edge maybe Vgs is where he wants to go with it. (Warhammer) 

All i want from this model is something that dose not look brand new and dose not come from a fishing simulator.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
First off, thank you all for the feedback and support.

The main reason for me to add something like the chains was cosmetic means only. There is no real use for them, but it makes them look more "complete" from my point of view. I'm trying not to be making another stick with a tip at front, I'd prefer having something more than that, not saying the others were worse in any way. Besides that I think it is worth a try, depending on how it is going to turn out afterwards. taking a look at the chains themselves, I think I'll have to rework them either way, they don't look twisted anymore but just all over the place.

I'm most likely going to have to scale the head into proper proportions compared to other throwables, though I would like to keep ot comparably big (not too big though). I've already adjusted the thickness of the blade, so it's actually looking a little better (and lighter).
As I already said in response to Q's feedback, the chains will be reworked to a lighter (thinner) version, perhaps I will add some strings for tying the teeth to the stick.
As for the colour scheme I had in mind to make the stick a dark brown and rather smooth bark, the teeth would be somewhat beige, having dark red and green accents all over the spear (eg. red strings, green bandage around the grip). Over all I think it should be dark-ish since that fits weapons themed old and primitive better thank any other bright colour.

The stick itself could use to be a little more bent and less straight as I would say, just take a look for yourself (p3d.in).
Do you plan on making a back holster thing? If model is changed I really don't want to lose that, can't stand seeing naval on my back covering a fourth of the screen.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198139916824

08/25/15 - Bulwark of Swadia
08/25/15 - Dwarf Axe
11/27/15 - Fell Edge
(07-08-2016, 09:45 PM)Ribbed Wrote: Do you plan on making a back holster thing? If model is changed I really don't want to lose that, can't stand seeing naval on my back covering a fourth of the screen.

Yep, I'm definitely going to be making one since there are lots and lots of people that don't seem to be satisfied with the current one :p