Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Should the Death Penalty be allowed?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
20.69%
6 20.69%
No
41.38%
12 41.38%
Maybe, with strict ground rules
37.93%
11 37.93%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Opinions about the Death Penalty?
Correct me if I'm wrong but economics should not decide personal and public safety. So it doesn't really matter what is cheaper. Otherwise, it would be cheapest to disband law enforcement agencies and restore Wild West rules: buy yourself a gun and defend yourself as you can...
No one said anything about economics dictating anything, it's just a big factor to consider.
(02-08-2016, 06:00 PM)Bobo Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong but economics should not decide personal and public safety. So it doesn't really matter what is cheaper. Otherwise, it would be cheapest to disband law enforcement agencies and restore Wild West rules: buy yourself a gun and defend yourself as you can...
Nice words Bobo, couldn't put that better myself

(02-08-2016, 04:45 PM)KMOCHA Wrote: No.
It is much more expensive than life in prison, and the state shouldn't have the ability to take it's own citizens' lives. 
The only time where the death penalty was efficient and somewhat successful was in Communist Russia when the KGB would just swipe you off the street and shoot you in the back of the head in an alley. However, I am not for that, and most people aren't either.

Terrorists, or mass murderers, should not be able to live, they should be punished by the death penalty, in any/every country, like Bobo said, money should not be in the question
(02-08-2016, 06:00 PM)Bobo Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong but economics should not decide personal and public safety. So it doesn't really matter what is cheaper. Otherwise, it would be cheapest to disband law enforcement agencies and restore Wild West rules: buy yourself a gun and defend yourself as you can...

This is a classic example of argumentum ad absurdum. Cost is of a death penalty trial is a completely independent and mutually exclusive from the cost of law enforcement. In fact, law enforcement and judicial systems are completely different municipal services regardless.

Anyway, cost was simply mentioned because (in the US at least) the trial costs are multiple times as expensive when the death penalty is sought. The cost of execution by lethal injection is miniscule comparatively.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.

No matter how bad or unethical it seems, the sad truth is that money dictates everything. Money is the reason why healthcare isn't free everywhere, money is the reason why not everyone can afford food, money is the reason why conflict starts, and money the the reason why we do not get involved in the ongoing genocide in Sudan that has killed over two hundred thousand people. Even though it would be great if money was not a major consideration in many important decisions, it is sadly the primary consideration in many decisions including the ones I have listed above.
I wrote a research paper focusing on the logical rather than emotional side of this argument somewhat recently. Let me know if you want me to post it. I'm not doing it now because it is too much work and I have to leave Tongue
(02-08-2016, 07:48 PM)Winter Wrote: I wrote a research paper focusing on the logical rather than emotional side of this argument somewhat recently.  Let me know if you want me to post it.  I'm not doing it now because it is too much work and I have to leave Tongue
pls post
So people know where I'm coming from, I'm NA. I don't believe the death penalty is worth bothering over at any point because you are extremely likely to never see any death outside of old age while waiting to actually be executed. The amount of people that actually get executed vs those that are on death row is ridiculous. At this point death penalty is more of an essay topic than an actual issue in the USA
[Image: 76561198056190414.png]
Will do free crafting and give advice to newer players if they want any!
Adding me on steam is the best way for you to contact me!: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nandogomez

My Shop: http://forum.nordinvasion.com/showthread...ght=Ribbed
(02-08-2016, 08:05 PM)KMOCHA Wrote:
(02-08-2016, 07:48 PM)Winter Wrote: I wrote a research paper focusing on the logical rather than emotional side of this argument somewhat recently.  Let me know if you want me to post it.  I'm not doing it now because it is too much work and I have to leave Tongue
pls post

Once it is already graded and I am certain my professor won't find it here on a google search.
Death penalty against crime?

Certainly not.

Why you may ask? Well here is my Opinion about it.

Even used against the worst of the worst,its a way of Revenge, which no constitutional State should consider.

As a way to scare people from commiting crime?
There are no offical Statistics that proof,that an active Death Penalty rule lowered the overall crimerrate.
But there are report of Country having a minor to mayor less crimerate after suspending the Death Penalty.

It also offers not a single way for Criminals to actually improve and not commit any other Crimes.

Also lets take a look at some current Stuff. Turkey.

They want to reintroduce the Death Penalty. Erdogan is quite dictatorial. I´m pretty sure he would have no worries about changing the Death Penalty,so that even minor Thieves have to face it.Which ultimatley would lead into the people getting completley scared.

Let´s also dont forget failed Death penaltys leading into hours of pain for the Criminal.
Or the poor people getting killed due to miscarriage of justice.

That´s just my opinion.

They say im a devil, but they haven´t seen the true Fire burning.

[Image: 76561198004611878.png]