Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Set armors?
(19-08-2016, 03:16 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:
(19-08-2016, 02:19 PM)Winter Wrote: I would not say no because it is too strong, I would say no because Warband code does not really allow for it.  I love set bonuses... maybe Bannerlord will give us some new coding opportunities.

But stats and equipment is done on the website part, so you could check if there is a "Set" and increase one or more of the stats (no weapon stat changes of course, because that is ingame stuff). Stats are being send from the website to the game. (correct me if I'm wrong)

That is completely wrong sorry.  The game sets stats and we put them on the website sometimes so you can see them.
if I understand correctly you'd have to make entirely new items for this to work. I assume it would work if you had 2 items for each armour piece, like Swadian Halfplate and Swadian Halfplate+ with higher stats.
(19-08-2016, 04:52 PM)Winter Wrote:
(19-08-2016, 02:19 PM)Winter Wrote: I would not say no because it is too strong, I would say no because Warband code does not really allow for it.  I love set bonuses... maybe Bannerlord will give us some new coding opportunities.

But stats and equipment is done on the website part, so you could check if there is a "Set" and increase one or more of the stats (no weapon stat changes of course, because that is ingame stuff). Stats are being send from the website to the game. (correct me if I'm wrong)

That is completely wrong sorry.  The game sets stats and we put them on the website sometimes so you can see them.

Ah, I always thought the stats were loaded with the send_message_to_url command :p
Correct me please but it seems that : if the items stats are being held in local files (not to mention here which one) that can be user-modified, how do you ensure that someone is not cheating if the stats don't go from database ad Kaasovic suggested? Just curious.
(19-08-2016, 06:17 PM)Bobo Wrote: Correct me please but it seems that : if the items stats are being held in local files (not to mention here which one) that can be user-modified, how do you ensure that someone is not cheating if the stats don't go from database ad Kaasovic suggested? Just curious.

It seems like only visuals are client side. For instance if you edit speed it just makes the animation faster but doesn't affect anything.
(19-08-2016, 06:17 PM)Bobo Wrote: Correct me please but it seems that : if the items stats are being held in local files (not to mention here which one) that can be user-modified, how do you ensure that someone is not cheating if the stats don't go from database ad Kaasovic suggested? Just curious.

Stats are server-side, just not linked to a database. You can't edit server files without access to it.
Thanks god! I've seen too many cheaters in different games that ruin it all for everybody.

Thanks for making it clear guys. Smile
(19-08-2016, 05:16 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:
(19-08-2016, 04:52 PM)Winter Wrote:

Ah, I always thought the stats were loaded with the send_message_to_url command :p

It's server side, website and serverside are barely linked (just by the char equipements or anything related to the characters (ID/code generation/stuff/money/etc), nothing more. 

Game client and website are mostly visual, and most of the time the items aren't even updated properly with the correct stats. As for the stats ingame for the items, I guess they are direclty linked to the serverside unless they take the time to update the items in the item_list.txt if I am not wrong, I've never checked though. Never done that big much of big things for the mount&blade series, but I've worked for a couple of other games :p.

(19-08-2016, 06:23 PM)Kaasovic Wrote:

Stats are server-side, just not linked to a database. You can't edit server files without access to it.

lel nevermind, I didn't see that there was one more page to the thread and that you were sarcastic in the first place XD.

- LordChaos (Legionnaire):  Armorsmith
- Kingsguard (Royal Guard):Blacksmith
- Swadian_Hunter (Archer) Jobless
- The_Impaler (Pikeman): Achemist 
- House Crafting: Defender 

01/04/16: Nothing
if you want bonuses then win a house tournament and get a fancy banner with damage boost on it