Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Frustrated with NI
After having playing NI for years, I was getting so frustrated with the fact that I haven't gotten any single legendary weapon, not even once.  I was playing in the one of server (Normal Mode) and there was dev. team in game, his name was Tae ???  (I can not remember the full name nor remember how to spell his name.  It start with letter of 'T'.  I am not always good with name).  I was so surprised to see dev. team in game, I was happy.

I, especially had lot of fun with him and team, including the time when he was being one of AI for fun.  However, after having killed prince of Nord twice which was so rare in my several years of game, I was telling Tae (again I can not remember his name fully, someone stated that he is dev team), how I wished I would have legendary, especially after killing nord prince with help of team.  It was so rare that I achieved it.

He was not exactly encouraging person and we did not exactly have pleasure conversation.  He was telling me that I do not need legendary for NI and I do not agree with that.  I was told that one of dev. team was getting tired of talking with me about legendary item.  He was getting tired of me already and I felt disappointed with that.

Well, NI dev team, thank you for providing me years of fun game, but I possibly am calling it quit.  I am very disappointed with the fact that I have experienced one of NI dev. not valuing anyone, including me who played NI for years who deserves to be praised for playing NI for long time.  This rubbed me in wrong ways.  We, the players, who play NI for years, do not deserve to be treated as nobody.

I want to thank everyone here, even if some of you may have known me or not, I thank you all for wonderful fun experiences with teamwork.  NI is one of my favorite mod because of teamwork, including RPG and customization system.  As I stated, I am "Probably" calling it quit because I am not sure if I should quit or not.  I do know that I am very frustrated and we all are human.  There will be time when any of us can get frustrated with anything.

Whoever get any legendary, even if it's new people, congratulation!  You deserve to be congratulated and make sure you use it well.  I sincerely meant it.

Whoever who may want to say "Well, that's tough.. deal with it.. that sucks.. that's life.. etc..", I am not going to response to you because it is not worth of my time to get involved with any drama like this.  Please try to understand people's frustration for not getting it after grinding for long time.  It is impossible NOT to get frustrated when you grind for something for long time, only to witness often seeing other with legendary items.  As I said, we all are human.

Finally, whoever wanted to ask me "Can I have your item?" and the answer is no.  Sorry but I am not giving item because I am only taking a break from game temporary and I might will come back.  I do not want to lose any of my items and my  character that I spend years grinding with.

For now I am writing this as very frustrated NI player. There may be words that I may not meant to say, if it sounded too harsh because I am frustrated.  If it ever offend anyone, then I apologize.  However, I thank to everyone here for awesome gaming experience and take care.
You kept saying over and over that you haven't found a legendary yet, and that you're going to leave the game because of it. I don't really know what you're trying to get from spamming it, but by the time you left the server (next map) it was wave 8 and you had 0 kills and 0 deaths.

I'm going to repeat what I said. Legendaries are not required for you to succeed in this game; teamwork is what makes you truly succeed. A legendary is not a stepping stone unless you make it so: it is a gift bestowed upon you by luck, and that is all. It is a weapon, an armor, not a teammate.

You don't deserve praise for playing a long time. It's not a dick measuring contest over whose been playing the longest.

This was worded poorly. I meant that playing a long time doesn't mean that a person deserves praise.

I understand that you are frustrated that you haven't found a legendary yet, and that's fine. It's cool if it's your goal to find a legendary, you do you man, but you spent 30 minutes talking to me in chat about how you haven't found a legendary yet and how sad you were about it and you weren't really playing the game by the end of the conversation. I wasn't tired of talking with you, rather, I was done with the conversation. If I was done talking to you I'd tell you. I said I was done talking about legendary items because you weren't doing anything and I hoped that it would force you to play the game instead of talk. I guess I was wrong (?).

Saying that I don't value anybody really, truly pisses me off. That's a low blow for somebody whose job is to listen and understand people's problems. I listened to your problem, I understand your problem, but I don't agree with your view of the mod being a legendary-farming simulator.

Thanks for being somewhat mature with your post. Pierces my eyes less.

This was just immature. Apologies.
if you have problem of the model variety send it to winter xen winter me winter me xen because it'll piss him off
When you say such phrases as "including me who played NI for years who deserves to be praised for playing NI for long time.", you just stand to prove what's wrong with your argument. You shouldn't play a game like NI specifically for legendaries, and thinking that you playing for a long time means people should praise you is just sad really. Being Praised for spending a long time on a game is somewhat ridiculous on its own, but thinking and expecting so is even more.

Being frustrated with the mod over not getting a rare item is ridiculous. I can understand being saddened over not looting one, however it is a legendary for a reason: they are rare. If everyone in the mod had durendal what would be the point of having crafted items like kriegsmesser? Legendaries are simply extra items that look cool, not items that you need to play the game.
Map Thread
[Image: 76561198038983603.png]
Bane of the Germans
Email: midren@nordinvasion.com
2015-07-14 Knight Helmet
2015-08-01 Gothic Plate
2017-12-08 Black Arrows
2018-05-25 Tempest
2019-09-01 Dragon Spear
(07-09-2016, 02:56 AM)Terath Wrote: You don't deserve praise for playing a long time. It's not a dick measuring contest over whose been playing the longest.

Saying that I don't value anybody really, truly pisses me off. That's a low blow for somebody whose job is to listen and understand people's problems. I listened to your problem, I understand your problem, but I don't agree with your view of the mod being a legendary-farming simulator.

Thanks for being somewhat mature with your post. Pierces my eyes less.

You are right, I was talking with you about my frustration because  you are dev. team who I looked up for long time after playing NI.  And secondly, you also pissed me off after you tell me that I did not deserve the praise for playing for long time.  The point is not about "rod measure" contest who have been playing and I felt betrayed from someone who is from NI dev. team.  I have praised dev. team for long time for all of the passions into NI.

I thank you for listening to me and at the same time, as I stated, I am disappointed with how you, metaphorically, spat on my face.  And you are also correct that we have strong disagreement about the legendary item.

However, I thank you for "somehow" being mature with your reply too.  Take care and I wish you the best with NI and I humbly meant it.
To be honest, you seem to get rubbed the wrong way by people you come across. I recall you getting mad at me asking you to stop calling me a noob when I hardly knew who you were. The way you seem to take others actions is taken the wrong way from my perspective to be honest, when others have no intentions of offending you you find offences, I doubt Terath intended any in his conversation with you when he didn't want to continue listening to you about legendaries. People have limits as to how much complaining they'll be willing to listen to. Since the other topics have already been addressed I won't reiterate those.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]

Terath is a spineless, mild-mannered weakling. I'm surprised you were offended by him. It actually kind of annoys me because I know Terath is probably practically crying over this right now. Top-tier nice guy right there.

Top-tier loot is supposed to be rare. Sometimes I wonder if the people complaining about legendary item drop rates have ever played a proper MMO to the end-game before.
(07-09-2016, 03:10 AM)Looter Wrote: To be honest, you seem to get rubbed the wrong way by people you come across. I recall you getting mad at me asking you to stop calling me a noob when I hardly knew who you were. The way you seem to take others actions is taken the wrong way from my perspective to be honest, when others have no intentions of offending you you find offences, I doubt Terath intended any in his conversation with you when he didn't want to continue listening to you about legendaries. Since the other topics have already been addressed I won't reiterate those.

That was because I have seen u many times in many battles in NI.  I was glad to see you and you were telling me "Who are you?  You are not my friend".  I was sad after that and because of that, I wasn't sure how I should talk with the community again during the battles after being 'silent' player for long time. I rarely talk with anyone in the game but I started to talk with people bit more now though. It is interesting how EU and NA community are different from each other culturally when it come to talking with them.

And about the word "noob" was only friendly jokes because someone called me "noob" so many times that I thought it is a good joke.  Turns out that it is not the good jokes and that is why I no longer use that joke anymore after seeing you getting offended.  And if you still are offended with "noob" jokes, then I am willing to apologize.
"After having playing NI for years, I was getting so frustrated with the fact that I haven't gotten any single legendary weapon, not even once."

Entitlement: the feeling or belief that you deserve to be given something (such as special privileges).
A loot a year keeps the interested here

I do maps btw lol
(07-09-2016, 03:32 AM)DragonFire1 Wrote: "After having playing NI for years, I was getting so frustrated with the fact that I haven't gotten any single legendary weapon, not even once."

Entitlement: the feeling or belief that you deserve to be given something (such as special privileges).

Perhaps I should have been clear:
1) It is true that I feel so frustrated because I have not gotten (I realized I should have used word "earned" instead of "gotten".  English is my secondary language) any legendary items yet...  I am expressing my feeling, and as I stated, we all are human.  So it is normal to have feelings. 

2) I also should have stated that all I would really want is for dev. team to simply encourage us like "Do not give up, you will eventually get it someday.  Thank you for playing NI for long time, it inspires us to make NI better."  would have been more than enough to make me wanting to grind longer time.  Acknowledge from dev. team that I have respected for years would have been made my years of grinding so worth it. Simple as that, but instead, I got the opposite, hence my disappointment. And we all, are entitled to what we think and feel about any situations.

3) I refuse to accept any free legendary items from dev. team, period.  Because if I do, then I am being unfair to the community and I prefer to have earned it.  (Please keep in mind, English is my secondary language, so I may have caused the misunderstanding if anyone ever get the impression that I want free legendary item from anyone.)  And thank you DragonFire1 for pointing to what my words looks like to you.  Because that is what more people here may see it in the same ways as you do. So I want to clear the misunderstanding here.
"Do not give up, you will eventually get it someday. Thank you for playing NI for long time, it inspires us to make NI better."

Problem solved?

I'll even put it into my own words.

"Statistically, the more you are alive for boss kills the more likely you are to loot something, and if you play long enough chances are you will eventually loot something or other. Thank you for playing, but please be nicer to my underlings and don't be overly offended by their opinions being different from your own."

I think the easiest way to put this, though, is that Terath just didn't want to talk to you about the thing you wanted to talk about. I don't think being offended by things like that is a fun outlook on life.

I'm honestly sorry that you are offended, but I am also honestly not sure why you are so offended to begin with. He wasn't insulting you or saying you don't deserve a legendary item, he just didn't give the response you were looking for in your numerous complaints that you have not yet found a legendary.