Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Is this thread something that should happen more?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes! I love making my opinion heard
75.00%
15 75.00%
No! This thread is useless
10.00%
2 10.00%
Maybe! Could use something else/a different approach
15.00%
3 15.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Update 1.2.11/1.2.12 Map Thread
Preface: I don't care what happens to maps, and players will always find the map that suits their respective goals. Just quickly from memory (and somewhat chronologically ordered): Swadian Town, Swadian Castle, Hyper's Hell, King's Castleyard, Caravan Ambush, Praven, Swadian Folly, Graubergen, Fortress Under Siege, and a few others I'm surely forgetting. The fact that we have had this cycle of "pick and play a map, nerf the map" for as long as the mod has had multiple maps supports this idea.

Before getting deep into feedback, I think it's necessary to get an answer from development on "what do you determine to be 'too fast?'" and "what do you determine to be 'too easy?'"

To use this most recent iteration as an example: Fortress Under Siege was the preferred map for events as early as July 8. That camp spot has existed and been used since before then (at least a year as well, when it was used on multiple WS events). Since its time as a preferable event map, there have been six versions released (1.2.7 to 1.2.12). There were at least four previous minor versions (1.2.8 to 1.2.11) to address whatever issues Fortress Under Siege had, and it's unlikely that the determination that it was too fast and/or too easy was probably not made within the span of one minor build.

Was the camp spot suddenly deemed "too fast" and "too easy" since the previous minor patch? Why is the camp spot suddenly being addressed after at least six opportunities (and existed for at least since legendary week)? The perception from the part of the player base that I interact with is that these determinations are pretty capricious and just target the maps chosen for events.
Quote Board is on Discord (last updated 2023.09.07)
"When I feel bad, I read your quote board." - Corndog

Tofu: People call Tricksters racist, yet we have the most Muslim members of any house.
PCK: If Islam is a religion of peace, and Tricksters have the most Muslims, then is House of Tricksters the house of peace?
Falankos: I always knew that we were the good guys.
Because of the rise of several spots where cades bugged nords. We counted 7 last week.

I have asked for the map to change since i first found out about how the nords react to some of the placements of cades there and was ignored for quite a while. Up until more bugs where found. That is why it was removed.

[b]7[b\b] spots where cades bugged nords. That's the point at which you can't really save the spot but have to change it.

I have no idea why the staircase was removed.

Edit. That area that you have shown Rowan, Is not counted as one of the issue i found. Only time i really saw any bots in there was when we cornered bosses in it. If that also had glitch issue it should have been reported.

And City was changed in that way because of the same issue. I watched wave 19 of hard stand there underneath that platform and swing up because there was a wall cade infront of them.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

that screeen shot of FUS, you better not have taken out my combat medic beating nords to death with MSK ledge ,oooh there will be trouble midren
barbutte with coif Smile
aurora blade

yea  sharpthorn
To (Hopefully) clear up some things:

Map Changes:

FUS- The area was removed as there were multiple location in the base that could be glitched, Changing the map allowed for a quick fix and gave the map a changed look for new strategies on how to beat the map.

Swadian City- There are several location on the map where the AI is just broken, another version will come out in the future but the current version works, and is playable and winnable on rag

Fast/Easy maps:

A fast map is different from a map that is too easy. When a map only takes a couple seconds for the nords to get from spawn to the swadians, it is a fast map. When all of the nords line up in a hallway making it so that the entire wave can be taken out by the swadian ranged troops before reaching the cades, or with so few nords making it that the cades/ shield line get very little action, then it is too easy.
Generally we want maps with a nice balance between Ranged and Melee options, with both combat styles being needed in order to beat the map. "Kill hallways" where the nords all come from one directions down a narrow zone are far too easy as it just makes them huge targets and provides no real challenge.
Map Thread
[Image: 76561198038983603.png]
Bane of the Germans
Email: midren@nordinvasion.com
2015-07-14 Knight Helmet
2015-08-01 Gothic Plate
2017-12-08 Black Arrows
2018-05-25 Tempest
2019-09-01 Dragon Spear
(11-09-2016, 05:25 PM)Sargent Q Wrote: I have no idea why the staircase was removed.  

Yeah, I'd really like to know why the staircase leading to the outskirts area was removed Sad
Can't see a reasonable point for that.
TH_Blade - Master Peltast
TH_Blade_III - Chosen Marksman
TH_Blade_IV - Royal Guard
TH_Kenshin - Zweihander
TH_Sirzechs - Sentinel
TH_Anahera - Aventurier
TH_Rikudou_Sennin - Halberdier

A random person: "We should resurrect Hitler with a tome and send him to Syria to defeat the IS"
(12-09-2016, 07:29 PM)GrafBlade Wrote:
(11-09-2016, 05:25 PM)Sargent Q Wrote: I have no idea why the staircase was removed.  

Yeah, I'd really like to know why the staircase leading to the outskirts area was removed Sad
Can't see a reasonable point for that.

This area allowed for Ai abuse, for now it has been removed, something may be incorporated in the future, but for now its not there
Map Thread
[Image: 76561198038983603.png]
Bane of the Germans
Email: midren@nordinvasion.com
2015-07-14 Knight Helmet
2015-08-01 Gothic Plate
2017-12-08 Black Arrows
2018-05-25 Tempest
2019-09-01 Dragon Spear