Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

What happened to this mod?
(17-12-2016, 09:15 PM)Sargent Q Wrote:
(17-12-2016, 01:51 PM)Pavel Wrote: Thanks all for the replies Wink 
It looks like I'm not the only one who feels that the infantry classes have become very under-powered/under-armoured/under-armed, and consequently under-used. Halberdiers and Rangers seem to be equally as tough, Marauders seem to be even better melee damage-dealers. And yes, I'd rather trust 4 or 5 wall cades than an RG who can't even save him/herself from all the crush-through damage Big Grin

I don't know why Halb or Ranger would feel more tanky than infantry.  

Comparing the best armors we have for both to commando armors

Best body armor that Halb has is 67 from Leather Over Mail.

Best Body armor for Ranger is 64 from Leviathans Guard.

Best Head armor for Halb is 60 from the Thanos Legacy.

Beast Head armor for Ranger is 58 from the Ornate Crusader Helmet.

Best Hand armor for both is Studded.

To compare with commando gear.  Not even the best commando gear

Swadian Heavy Lam/Striped have 68 Body Armor

Grinder Helm has 60 Head Armor

And Commando also uses Studded.

Gauntlets are the only armor type that match between them.  For the other ones Commando wins with gear that costs 500k.  Halb gear costs 14-16 mil.  And the Ranger Body armor is not currently buyable.  Just ask Woody.

There is no reason for either one to even start comparing to Commando for Tankness.

As for Wall cades.  After our event last night i won't trust them over a shield wall.  We had 7 wall bringers for one of our runs and were low on wall cades the entire run.  For the last match we had 5 wall bringers and had to double barrel odin's chosen to keep from losing the last wall.  Thor did break through them.  

The only times that wall cades can really replace shielders is either when you have 10+ wall bringers or if you are glitching with them.

Yes, I am aware infantry heroes still have much higher armour rating, but even with my pretty high-tier armour (Defender helm, gauntlets, boots, Trans armour) I still easily get 2- or even 1-(on Rag) hit killed. Although yes, infantry still have the huge advantage of carrying a shield.

Anyway, what about the damage output I mentioned? I feel that being a legionary armed with the best legio-only sword (Ragnar's Wrath) I should be able to do significantly more damage once I get up close and personal with the Nords, especially since a Marauder doesn't even need to get that close to them.

I'm sorry if what I'm saying looks like an excuse to buff my class for my own sake, it's not. I just feel that infantry have become under-powered.
(17-12-2016, 09:15 PM)Sargent Q Wrote: And the Ranger Body armor is not currently buyable.  Just ask Woody.
Don't remind me lol plz

For that Ranger/Halb Vs Infantry it not very fair comparison as one gets shot by ranged and the other owned 1/2h + ranged.

|Steam| |Some Shop| |VLKA Recruitment| |Legendary Stats|Legendary Item Thread|                                                                                            
(18-12-2016, 12:43 PM)Pavel Wrote: Yes, I am aware infantry heroes still have much higher armour rating, but even with my pretty high-tier armour (Defender helm, gauntlets, boots, Trans armour) I still easily get 2- or even 1-(on Rag) hit killed. Although yes, infantry still have the huge advantage of carrying a shield.

Anyway, what about the damage output I mentioned? I feel that being a legionary armed with the best legio-only sword (Ragnar's Wrath) I should be able to do significantly more damage once I get up close and personal with the Nords, especially since a Marauder doesn't even need to get that close to them.

I'm sorry if what I'm saying looks like an excuse to buff my class for my own sake, it's not. I just feel that infantry have become under-powered.

Trans does not really Qualify as High Tier anymore. There is 3 Tiers of Commando armor that are better than it. And to expect to take more than to hits on rag are going to be needed.

As for Damage, I also use the Ragnar's Wrath and the only bots that i outright bounce off of is the bosses. I do not have a idea of how many hits it takes me to kill the latter enemy's, because it is never a true one on one for me. Anything that i fight in 1 handed has already been shot up by our ranged a bit.

If you are just looking for pure damage though the Ragnar's is not the best. Swadia's Wrath has 60 damage at the cost of speed.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

(in terms of effective damage against the heavy armoured enemies, it would probably be best to use piercing weaps like DWP or Nordic War Pick)