Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Simple question
(20-12-2016, 12:49 AM)Coconut Wrote: I've seen RGs complete legacy a lot, usually it involves the boss being cornered and them hitting him with a mjolnir
Well for that you need to have a slashing gear avaible on sacrifice on your own gear I guess if you can't afford it. Doesn't make sense that a RG would equip a slashing weapon just to get a kill "in case". Especially in Rags and hards.

(20-12-2016, 02:49 AM)Winter Wrote: I still think quests should be account based instead of character based /shrug

I totally aggree with you on that, at least this, and for that quest, please do an alternative with less reward and less objectives to kill. I don't really wanna play something else or feel forced to because otherwise I can't get "good" money, as everyone is starting to get richer and richer, from 500k to sometimes 1m or more a week just through this quest.

(20-12-2016, 02:53 AM)Sargent Q Wrote: So.  You are complain that there is reason now to try and get kills?  That there is reward for getting kills, Particularly the high priority ones?

The reason behind the change is to give a actual reward for getting kills in game.  In my Experience,  The Class that gets the most gold out of a given Rag run is the Shielders.  Because if you have a shielder die lets say before Followers,  You are almost guaranteed to tome.  But if you have the top killer die that same wave you won't unless there is a lot more people dead.  That might be different today with everyone spamming maps that you don't even really need shielders for,  But taht does not mean that is what the game is going to be balanced around.

That coupled with inflation because the quests have had not been updated in at least 3 years.

I am sorry Q, but before that quest you didn't care about killing the bots? The mod has always been about killing the targets and especially the high priority ones, it didn't change at all at that point. It's not these 2 quests that have implemented this. I am sorry but your arguments are invalid sir. There was always a reward even before that, you think people didn't care about getting the double assist xp and gold before that because it does add up? And that quest existed before for 50 000? And once again, most of successful rag runs has at least 6 tomes in, which means, people are constantly be tomed aswell. 

It was always like this, you kill you get the double assist and gold, which is ok and understandable, but that quest is punishing team work. You know what, from now on in front of Odin, Thor, Ragnar, I'll stop shielding because I'll need the kill anyway and that I will have to think for myself as much as you do, and we'll see most of your faces when shielders will just act like this. How about that? It's not fair, that's all. 

I choose toplay RG mainly because I like it, don't make me and us regret to play something we like meanwhile we are useful in a run and could save tons of lives and tomes and support. You know it isn't right Sargent_Q, so please, be reasonnable. I am happy to see that some quests are being updated, but that's not how we fix a problem, give the shielders an alternative quest, with lower reward, same cooldown and less stuff to kill, and it could be fair then. And once again, healers are left out, but healers can be switched at anytime during the game, meanwhile a shielder is a shielder till the end of it.

(20-12-2016, 05:07 AM)Captain_Floofy Wrote: What?!   I had no idea quests could be worth so much.  I even had to check and sure enough they can be.

Now I regret all those games spent spam healing rather then trying to get the boss kills.  XD  Okay no I don't, someone had to heal, and someone has to step in and do every role.

I don't have an RG, but I kind of have to agree that it seems silly to have quests worth so much unless you make one for every role on the team(healing, cading, shielding, dps, and you could even make the quests class locked or something).  That being said that's a hard thing to implement and I don't expect it to happen anytime soon.  So what I would say is make a character that you believe can accomplish this quest the best and play that character as well as your RG.  

When you play your RG thank you for being a team player and helping the team be successful.  I know team players don't get the glory, reward, or even typically a thank you.  But that's just how the world works.  With 16 people on a server 14 other people won't get the boss kill either but will benefit from gaining xp and loot from a successful run.

Best of luck and see you on the battlefield!  Smile

+1 to this. 

(20-12-2016, 05:37 AM)DragonFire1 Wrote: First character i completed this updated quest on was RG.. Rip

Well you have a DWP, so you can hit from time to time, or picked up a weapon eventually and got the opportunity to have some other people shielding for you, probably in an event(s)? Do you think the archer would drop his bow and shield Odin, Thor or Ragnar just so I could get the kill? What about public runs? 

(20-12-2016, 05:45 AM)Woody Wrote: Being Rg you can still do quests. It maybe slower but it can be done still and you my find some things are easier than others eg..
[Image: 927f9727af72dc3e538cd7b67aeacbce.png]

It is possible, but you'd still need someone else to shield for you, or more people to corner them well. And yes you have great gear that allows you to kill any boss (Halogi/Mjol, even durendal), which is really good for you, but not everyone can afford them without sacrificing. I am just angry about the fact that if we choose to shield we are going to not do the quest, that's all. It would be fun if I would refuse to shield from the start, bet I would get reported if there are no equivalent shielder? Meanwhile it wouldn't be trolling, it would be just farming like everyone else.

- LordChaos (Legionnaire):  Armorsmith
- Kingsguard (Royal Guard):Blacksmith
- Swadian_Hunter (Archer) Jobless
- The_Impaler (Pikeman): Achemist 
- House Crafting: Defender 

01/04/16: Nothing
(20-12-2016, 01:48 PM)LordChaos Wrote: I am sorry Q, but before that quest you didn't care about killing the bots? The mod has always been about killing the targets and especially the high priority ones, it didn't change at all at that point. It's not these 2 quests that have implemented this. I am sorry but your arguments are invalid sir. There was always a reward even before that, you think people didn't care about getting the double assist xp and gold before that because it does add up? And that quest existed before for 50 000? And once again, most of successful rag runs has at least 6 tomes in, which means, people are constantly be tomed aswell. 

It was always like this, you kill you get the double assist and gold, which is ok and understandable, but that quest is punishing team work. You know what, from now on in front of Odin, Thor, Ragnar, I'll stop shielding because I'll need the kill anyway and that I will have to think for myself as much as you do, and we'll see most of your faces when shielders will just act like this. How about that? It's not fair, that's all. 

I choose toplay RG mainly because I like it, don't make me and us regret to play something we like meanwhile we are useful in a run and could save tons of lives and tomes and support. You know it isn't right Sargent_Q, so please, be reasonnable. I am happy to see that some quests are being updated, but that's not how we fix a problem, give the shielders an alternative quest, with lower reward, same cooldown and less stuff to kill, and it could be fair then. And once again, healers are left out, but healers can be switched at anytime during the game, meanwhile a shielder is a shielder till the end of it.

There is no double Assist XP. You get ranged or Melee Xp which at the point you are complaining about is WORTHLESS. Nor does the gold looted in game add up to much at all. Until recently the only way to get a decent amount of gold was from assist Xp. And 6 tomes does not equal a tome for the Damage on waves like followers unless there is a lot of them dead. I cannot count the amount of times that the top 2 killers were died on a mixed wave and did not get tomed in at least until boss spawn. Sometimes not get tomed in at all.

Or the quest is rewarding slightly better team work. All it takes is a little coordination and the server to have more than 2 infantry. Without the proper combination of classes you are going to wipe. And with it, it is very easy to coordinate. You can either look at it as a detriment or a reason to be better coordinated that what you apparently are.

I going to keep coming back to this point until you come up with a better way to fix it. There has been NO reward for being the top killer on the team as opposed to managing to leech your way to the end of the run. Why do you think that leeching happened? Why do you think that AFK shielders happened? Because you got the same level of reward for doing nothing all game as you did for getting 200+ kills. And despite our best efforts, We can't catch all of the leechers. Despite all the work that has gone into dealing with them people still manage to leech their way to the final boss.

Bottem line is there needs to be someway that the people who get kill get reward for this. And anyway that happens the RG's are going to complain. So therefore the best way is going to be to do it in such a way that they can do it as well. Just at a slower rate. Because despite what you are saying, Shielders can complete quests without jeopardizing the whole run. All it takes is a little bit of coordination at the beginning, or for you to die cornering those bosses and someone else takes over the corner.
Steam name:  Sargeant Q

Quote: Do you think the archer would drop his bow and shield Odin, Thor or Ragnar just so I could get the kill? What about public runs? 

If you plan in events I have had plenty of slashers for most of the run swap to shielding on Thor Or Odin so that I can get that kill on my RG. Since you just join CC I would try asking them at an event, they are generally nice guys and can be accommodating.
To add: you can always complete the quest usuing another char.
I want to just throw this out there as a possiblity for being a better plan then 2 massively rewarding quest. Yes I have spent a lot of time thinking about this. Make quests for every wave for killing x number if bots/bot type. Of course each quest would be worth less but if your the top killer you can complete multiple quests in 1 run, or over less time. This would reward the top killer and decrease leeching if people want to complete the quest. I realize this has been done to some extent with some of the quests requiring the killing of a certain number of a certain bot.

This could also have an added bonus on public runs of motivating people to actually stay on a server. Right now 4 or 5 people clear the first few waves only to have a flood of people join at the end waves and make completing the run more difficult. Then once the run either wipes or is finished these people leave to jump onto another server that is close to the end waves.

The current quests in my opinion don't reward the top killer or stop leeching.

As an example I could leach all run and kill the bosses because I'm only actively playing to kill the boss. I then got all the rewards, and rather the run wipes, people did not get tomed in for the boss kill or whatever the situation, I got what I needed from the run but I did not really help the run succeed.

As for making a RG or shielder happy about the quests maybe make quests for blocking x number of hits from a specific bot type or maybe just blocking x number of damage points, this number could be far higher because it requires less skill to block then to get a head shot. I don't know if this is possible but something like this is going to be the only way I see to balance things out, rather then trying to make everyone happy with a few high paying quests.

This way yes technically a RG can complete a killing quest and technically a DPS person could complete a shielding quest but it would take them far more time to do so. If they stay with their class specific jobs they will accomplish the quests more times and through volume they will earn more.

The level of everyone willing to work together to help someone to complete a quest is mostly only going to happen in a house event, because on a public run anyone can join and do whatever they want. Half the time on a public run you can't even get someone else to spam heal if you need a break. How are you going to get people to allow someone to get a boss kill? It's not against any rule and nothing is really going to happen if someone takes the kill from the person everyone else is trying to help.

If the secret goal is to have a few high paying quests maybe make the cool down time a month or two. That way less people will be working on getting a specific boss kill at one time, then someone who needs the kill will be more likely given the chance to get the boss kill.

All this being said I realize this would take a great deal of work and time. I'm not really expecting this to get implemented because of this. However, I wanted to share my opinion on the topic since it has come up. Again I don't have an RG, my only goal with this post is to point out a way to make everyone here happy, which to admit is a little challenging. I'm not saying it must be implemented.

Now let the tearing apart of my opinion begin. Big Grin.
Yes, I'm Floofy.

I hope all is well, and if not try to have a positive attitude because it helps.  Thank you and have a great day!
(20-12-2016, 01:48 PM)LordChaos Wrote:
(20-12-2016, 05:37 AM)DragonFire1 Wrote: First character i completed this updated quest on was RG.. Rip

Well you have a DWP, so you can hit from time to time, or picked up a weapon eventually and got the opportunity to have some other people shielding for you, probably in an event(s)? Do you think the archer would drop his bow and shield Odin, Thor or Ragnar just so I could get the kill? What about public runs? 

you have a big chance to kill the Bosses even wich Head Crusher (900k is reachabel for everyone) in The Time i play much with my RG i compleat theas quest 3 Times (I play aktiv on my RG 5 months) after this i play PC ( nearly a year noe and i dont komplet the Quest once) it is True that i was a very aggressiv Shielder and othen die at the bosses so this is even not the good for Team much of the Teammates hate me for this so i will not say to meke it like i did  the point is right that a RG and even the PC should get a Schilding quest if you do it in the way tank x Dammage with your shield oder repair x times your shield or maby an other idea compleat x runs without your Schield brak or something like this i know it would even be hard on Rag but maby its an idea and for ouer Healers heal x times and get rewards for it Tongue
Legendary Loots:  Fang of Fenrir 10/2015
                          Wulfbane   8/2018
                          TSA 8/2018
                          Imperial Red 9/2018
                          Hurican Bow 9/2018
                          Rupturers10/2018
                          Sun Pike 10/2018
if you need something to be craftet just PM me or steam me Big Grin http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198037943634/
(20-12-2016, 04:23 PM)Sargent Q Wrote:
(20-12-2016, 01:48 PM)LordChaos Wrote: I am sorry Q, but before that quest you didn't care about killing the bots? The mod has always been about killing the targets and especially the high priority ones, it didn't change at all at that point. It's not these 2 quests that have implemented this. I am sorry but your arguments are invalid sir. There was always a reward even before that, you think people didn't care about getting the double assist xp and gold before that because it does add up? And that quest existed before for 50 000? And once again, most of successful rag runs has at least 6 tomes in, which means, people are constantly be tomed aswell. 

There is no double Assist XP.  You get ranged or Melee Xp which at the point you are complaining about is WORTHLESS.  Nor does the gold looted in game add up to much at all.  Until recently the only way to get a decent amount of gold was from assist Xp.  And 6 tomes does not equal a tome for the Damage on waves like followers unless there is a lot of them dead.  I cannot count the amount of times that the top 2 killers were died on a mixed wave and did not get tomed in at least until boss spawn.  Sometimes not get tomed in at all.

Or the quest is rewarding slightly better team work.  All it takes is a little coordination and the server to have more than 2 infantry.  Without the proper combination of classes you are going to wipe.  And with it, it is very easy to coordinate.  You can either look at it as a detriment or a reason to be better coordinated that what you apparently are.

I going to keep coming back to this point until you come up with a better way to fix it.  There has been NO reward for being the top killer on the team as opposed to managing to leech your way to the end of the run.  Why do you think that leeching happened?  Why do you think that AFK shielders happened?  Because you got the same level of reward for doing nothing all game as you did for getting 200+ kills.  And despite our best efforts,  We can't catch all of the leechers.  Despite all the work that has gone into dealing with them people still manage to leech their way to the final boss.

Bottem line is there needs to be someway that the people who get kill get reward for this.  And anyway that happens the RG's are going to complain.  So therefore the best way is going to be to do it in such a way that they can do it as well.  Just at a slower rate.  Because despite what you are saying, Shielders can complete quests without jeopardizing the whole run.  All it takes is a little bit of coordination at the beginning, or for you to die cornering those bosses and someone else takes over the corner.
I think the main problem of this thread is that people have completely different views of what a hard/rag/normal run is. At VM we have the luxury of having generally full runs with everyone on ts and co-operating. The main problem is that with public runs you will generally not have any of this. This quest from the very roots favors DPS classes. Now the majority of this games classes are DPS, however you will drive most people from playing RG (in non event runs). The issue is that there is no alternative for Royal Guards without houses. This game should favor the public runs above the privately held runs(private vs. public), the answer to this cant just be a half-hearted answer of, " become more coordinated" I'm not trying to come off as hostile in this reply, but try to imagine the common player. Pretend house events are not a thing, will he still have equal opportunities?