Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Advice About Gear
Hello all. I am a (T4) Pikeman. What I ask is, what items should get/own before advancing to hero class? I am planning to be a master peltast. This is what I have so far:
Jarids x2
Swadian Poleaxe
Heavy Barricade
Rus Helm
Eastern Heavy Armour - Blue
Hourglass Gauntlets
Khergit Guards Boots
Angel Gotte weiss ich will kein engel sein. Angel
Honestly, while hero is nice. If I could do it again (master peltast was my first hero)... I would buy cts first before getting hero.

My advice:
Get craftable throwing spears
Hero
Short Heavy Barricade

then slowly start upgrading your armor

Good luck
Rook--Master Peltast                                           Working on: Magnus -- Zwei, Pawn -- Sentry
King--Royal Guard
Bishop--Repeaterman
Knight--Marauder
Queen--Warden

23/11/2016 Dark Gothic Salet
10/12/2016 Ailadrodd
also sometimes its better to gear up first because maybe you change your mind Wink
I'd go for

- get CTS

- get SHC

- go hero

CTS makes your Pikeman actually feel potent and stops you from being dependant of someone else bringing good throwing weapons in.
SHC is mandatory not to be dependant on others bringing good support into a run, it turns you from sort of a burden into someone who helps making a run possible.

After those 2 hero is the next thing to go for. Your core capability, throwing, doesnt get buffed that massively so it wont change that much in a normal cade setting.
Thats why I'd advise to go for hero after the 2 mandatory items. Commando is the only exeption of that.
Appareantly I gave most of my loot chance to Fara. Mostly AFG, rise from the ashes from time to time.

Loots:
Shield of Kings - 18.10.2014
Dwarf Axe - 16.01.2017

CC_Wild_Garlic_Pesto
CC_Green_Pesto
CC_RNG_sits_on_my_face

-"Every fart is a gamble now" Bluzark 19.02.2017
(27-01-2017, 02:21 PM)Mr.Peso Wrote: I'd go for

- get CTS

- get SHC

- go hero

CTS makes your Pikeman actually feel potent and stops you from being dependant of someone else bringing good throwing weapons in.
SHC is mandatory not to be dependant on others bringing good support into a run, it turns you from sort of a burden into someone who helps making a run possible.

After those 2 hero is the next thing to go for. Your core capability, throwing, doesnt get buffed that massively so it wont change that much in a normal cade setting.
Thats why I'd advise to go for hero after the 2 mandatory items. Commando is the only exeption of that.

this Wink

also he probably meant RG and not Commando Tongue
Wise words from Peso, get CTS first, SHC second and then take a moment to think.
Thank you all for advices, it helped me much
Angel Gotte weiss ich will kein engel sein. Angel
I would say hero before CTS, there is almost always someone with CTS/better and those stats are worth alot more than the small dmg increase from jarid to CTS. But SHC before hero would be good.
(27-01-2017, 09:26 PM)Metal Wrote: Thank you all for advices, it helped me much
:]

Oscar1 Wrote:I would say hero before CTS, there is almost always someone with CTS/better and those stats are worth alot more than the small dmg increase from jarid to CTS. But SHC before hero would be good.
I dont really see what new could be added into this thread.
As for myself, i bought CTS before hero class, just because i didnt planned to go into Master Peltast. Difference between jarids on MP and CTS on pikeman is really small(up to 4 damage), but the fact that you need to get new thrown whenever you respawn/ressurect might be very irritating, while you can use CTS more efficiently.
I really like the idea to buy Short Heavy Barricade first tho.
I spent ages as a hybrid before they were destroyed in the recent patches with changing item locks for some of my gear and left ni since it got boring among other reasons, though right before I stopped playing I bought marauder as my hero class. Items before hero class, you pay for a title and a few stats, which doesn't match up to actual armor, weapons or support items which are what make a real difference.
Looted A Frying Pan 11/25/14
[Image: tbavTdE.jpg]