Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Poll: Which animation set is better?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Native animations are better
5.00%
1 5.00%
NI's current animations are better
95.00%
19 95.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Animations
I'm going to be frank, the animations are terrible. The overhand swing with a 2 hander looks really awful and unnatural. Overhand spear with a shield looks pretty bad as well. Also, I'm not sure if it's the lag or not but there is a very noticeable pause for me when you prepare your swing. There is also an animation bug where when you change from ranged mode to melee mode the weapon shows the melee animation but is actually still in ranged mode.

I think that a lot of new people are put off by the strange animation set. All things considered, the different animation helps no one and is very unpolished. The Native animations are just better and more natural. I would like to see the current animations changed to that.
The animation for 2h overhand swings was changed sometime around late 2012 or early 2013 because people's weapons were hitting people behind them, especially with the longer polearms. This presents a huge problem with attacking in formation, especially in enclosed spaces that are unavoidable with the current shield wall style. The overhand spear with a shield was part of an animation pack that was implemented to add some variety to attacks. This animation does have plans to be changed. The error with switching from ranged to melee is based on a timer that was implemented to keep players from throwing and quickly switching to melee to make kiting more difficult. Again, this is unpolished, but most people do not often switch to melee mode right after throwing outside of kiting.

We currently have someone working on animations, but he has only just recently started and animations are difficult to do, otherwise there would be more of them available in OSPs.

I have doubts that these animation changes really put off many people. The poll seems to support these doubts.
I wasn't really talking about realism because I know there are not only four directions in real fighting but as long as someone is working on it then I'm fine. I didn't know there was a reason for the overhand swing.