Emails are disabled - for account issues, post in #help on the NI Discord.

Mordhau
(09-03-2017, 08:56 AM)Rezev Wrote: Why do people presuppose that this game would be bad or it won't survive? Give it a chance Big Grin

When I wrote this I did not mean you. Big Grin
I say generally that people judge in advance that the game will be bad or something.   
I don't like these reward tiers too but there is still chance that developers would change this.
Well, seeing that people actually spend hundreds/thousands of {your nations' currency here} for a game that is still in development, I highly doubt that the reward tiers will be adjusted. Even with an option to buy it already for 20 euros still doesn't convince me enough to buy, since I rather play test something prior to buying it, unless I am totally sure that a game will actually survive it's development.

tl;dr I don't really trust Kickstarter projects, unless they offer a option to play-test the game for free.
The game is not pay to win, those reward tiers are all cosmetics/alpha/beta access. They have said the game isn't going to even have unlockable weapons like Chivalry, it's going to be an open and even playing field for everyone involved. You can only unlock customization for cosmetics, of which there's a shitload of hand guards, crosshilts and blade variations to chose from that don't change the gameplay. The dev has said he has been developing the game on a GTX 560 which is a pretty old card and it is clearly very important to them in making sure it's optimized correctly. That's why these guy's have waited so long before coming to kickstarter and are waiting even longer before releasing the game because they want to release a finished product, not an early access game. They were under the name Slasher before in their earlier development years. They definitely deserve the support of the community to get this made right, but regardless they are committed and even said "Reaching these stretch goals will help speed up the development of the game. We’re passionate about what we’re making, so it is likely that we will attempt to deliver these regardless of the funds raised."

In the dev blogs we get to see the melee combat mechanics at work in the game and it's clearly better then Chivalry at the very least. They've already fixed the overhead 360 spinning attacks and introduced a new riposte mechanic where it speeds each players attacks as you continue to riposte. They also have half-sword techniques and murderstroke which is amazing. You can also throw one handed swords and knock them out of the air by attacking them instead of just trying to block them which you can also do. You can also unscrew the pommel off your sword and throw it at your enemy to end them rightly.

I love warband and I'm going to be playing Bannerlord but Bannerlord will only have 4 directions of attack whereas Mordhau will have 240. It's like comparing Arma 3 and Battlefield or Warband and Chivalry sure they're close but they have different paces and styles of game play that make for different game experiences. They also have physical emotes and voice emotes in Mordhau which will allow for alot of creativity and personality to be expressed in a character which adds a fun element which I haven't seen in Bannerlord's videos so far. The unreal 4 engine looks really beautiful in the videos they've released so far and I'd go as far as saying it has better graphics then Bannerlord combined with awesome bone breaking and decapitation animations is going to add nicely to the faster paced environment. They can only go up to 64 players in a server for the same reasons however so that definitely still leaves Bannerlord dominate in amazing open world mods, huge battles, single player, etc.

If you wanna see more about the game I recommend checking out all of their dev blogs but this one in particular shows the melee combat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-B4AwgArwA

This is a really good interview between the dev and tehripper, who is a streamer for chivalry and other games as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx_GzGn1QYQ

(09-03-2017, 07:59 AM)Looter Wrote: Just buy games when they already are released and have proven work rather than concepts and early footage. Too many companies nowadays passing off low quality items to consumers. For kick starters, I see it as you giving money to a company so they can make a game for themselves and make even more money selling it, before it is even developed.

This was my response to that same argument on another forum:

The reason small dev companies do kickstarter is so they can keep the rights over their game as they continue developing it. Look at Chivalry Medieval Warfare or Star Citizen they're both kickstarters. Of Kings and Men couldn't go that route and had to sell out to a 3rd party company. The entire original dev team has now been replaced and the game has gone to shit. If they had a successful kickstarter they could have hired on contractors to help polish the game instead and kept the rights over the game to keep it going in the direction they intended.

The Mordhau guys clearly care about their game more then Tornbanner cared about Chivalry and they've already been able to fix the overhead 360 slashing that was in Chivalry as well as improve upon the melee mechanics dramatically. Just a quick look at their dev blog videos showing the actual in game footage demonstrates just how much better it already is.

Distance is another kickstarter success that's still in early access that's doing very very well because it has a great community and a dev team that cares. For games that aren't popular in the major game market like medieval games, space mmorpgs, or survival racing which are too risky for major dev companies to undertake it's basically the only way we're going to see these projects come to life and change the game industry, otherwise they have to sell out the rights of the game and risk being replaced entirely like Of Kings and Men and see their game go to shit.

No Man's Sky for example should have been a very easy tell that the game was going to be bad just from the screenshots they released on the game alone. Every texture for planets, suns, landscapes were all identical the only thing that was different was the color of the textures and it was suppose to be an exploration game. That was my red flag that let me know it was going to be bad, let alone everything else that went wrong with that game. I avoided Day Z too because of the way the dev team communicated with its community showed me they didn't really care. There's always going to be some small tells on when a game is going to be shit or when a dev team doesn't care, it just takes a little digging into the forums and seeing things for yourself. Another example of a dev team not caring is Tornbanner, they knew in game voice didn't work during beta testing and never bothered to get it to work right or even take the push to talk option out of the keybinds and they've always been more focused on DLC cosmetic content then the community made map content. I wouldn't expect much from their new game Mirage either.
Mordhau released another update today, they have a landsknecht *cough winter cough* armor set they're showing off as well as some other cool stuff! Smile

https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/9080/june-update/